Author Topic: UT99 Server  (Read 16116 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: UT99 Server
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »
I meant that in a loose sense, they're both fast-paced competetive deathmatch games. I guess I'll take a look for a torrent of ut99. I've got 2k4, but apparently you guys don't care for that.

I'd pick up a copy of the real version of quake 3, but I've got quake 4, and they play similarly enough for me to not have a major preference between them. I do prefer Q4's greater weapon variety, though. The nailgun and grenade launcher particularly.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 07:27:21 PM »
Bemaniso has it up, but, well...obviously not everyone is a member there :/

I'll try and find another torrent of it with no-cd, then i'll give the links to the patches and whatnot.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
If you can find a good one, AIM me or something. I'd try to get a Bemaniso membership, but I hate most of the people there :x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 02:07:36 AM »
If you can find a good one, AIM me or something. I'd try to get a Bemaniso membership, but I hate most of the people there :x

All you have to do is have a ratio of 0.4 in 14 days, and you need an invite. I'm a few points shrt of being able to do so.

After that your ratio can go as low as you want.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 03:10:44 AM »
demonoid, I'm assuming?

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 03:39:08 AM »
I meant that in a loose sense, they're both fast-paced competetive deathmatch games. I guess I'll take a look for a torrent of ut99. I've got 2k4, but apparently you guys don't care for that.

I like UT2K4 as well, but we're probably in the minority.  About the only thing that I didn't like about 2K4 is the lack of assault maps because I'm an assault whore.

The way I look at it, UT2K3 and 2K4 play more like Quake games than UT99.  UT99 plays more like Unreal, a bit slower paced (though unlike Unreal, the weapons in UT actually do damage ;)).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
Yeah, assault maps kick ass. I never really pubbed much when I played UT, I just played with friends, because people would generally mop the floor with me. I never really got used to the dodging system and such, I tend to just bunny hop around.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:58 PM »
If you don't like dodging you would hate CTF-BT maps.

Kuroneko

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »
If you don't like dodging you would hate CTF-BT maps.
lol :(

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:29 PM »
Yeah, assault maps kick ass.

Assault is pretty fun. My favorite assault map is Hispeed. My rec on conquering the base on that map is 0:42.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »
I remember somebody complaining about not being able to change the dodge button press speed in UT99 but I'm too lazy to find the post... I found the option, I think.  Open User.ini, find "[Engine.PlayerPawn]" and change DodgeClickTime.  No idea why they didn't put it in the final preferences menu.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
I remember somebody complaining about not being able to change the dodge button press speed in UT99 but I'm too lazy to find the post... I found the option, I think.  Open User.ini, find "[Engine.PlayerPawn]" and change DodgeClickTime.  No idea why they didn't put it in the final preferences menu.

I think I was the whiner, and thanks for the tip. :)

I wish I knew why they left it out of the options menu as well...seems kind of odd to me.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:13:41 PM »
I think I was the whiner, and thanks for the tip. :)

I wish I knew why they left it out of the options menu as well...seems kind of odd to me.

Type "preferences" in the console and you'll see exactly how many options they left out of the options menu xD

Actually, most of those options could harm the game if inproperly changed, which is why they got hidden.  But, yeah, if you look in UnrealTournament.ini or User.ini you can find a bunch of fun stuff that you couldn't edit normally... you can change what default character you play as in tournament mode, make yourself the champion with absolutely no work, etc.  Lots of fun stuff to play with.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »
Yeah, I've taken a look at UT.ini a few times in my pursuit for tweaking the video driver.  I love how you can unlock Xan with a whopping one line in one of those files.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
Yeah, I've taken a look at UT.ini a few times in my pursuit for tweaking the video driver.  I love how you can unlock Xan with a whopping one line in one of those files.

Hehe, yes.  I use UT.ini and User.ini a lot to change game rules and find variables that I need to use in MapVoteLA113.