Author Topic: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)  (Read 19816 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:07:11 AM »
Awesome. Hands down. Anyone have it for 360? If so, whats your gamertag, i'm looking for a challenge.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:16:55 AM »
Out of curiosity, you using the default controller? I've heard it can be a huge pain in the ass, but then again I use the GNC controller for GG.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
Yeah im using the default. And the only problem I have is my left buddon on my D-pad. I have to press it REALLY hard for it to actually go. But i'm trading that controller to my brother for a different one with a d-pad that works perfectly fine.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
I picked up one of the FightPads for it and it's absolutely wonderful. Currently with a little under an 80% win ratio online over 80 matches so far. Haven't played too much recently though because I got Star Ocean 4 and I should have MadWorld on Monday.

I'll probably go back to it in a week or so. It's extremely good. I have to go back to eventually do all of the online achievements. I've got win 100 matches and play 100/200/500 matches left. And I guess the get one of every medal (missing "win with a perfect" and I think two others) and get 1000 medals achievements too.

vladgd

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »
i use a hori.  though, i haven't played in about a month or so.  if anyone is up for online i can buy a gamecard (otherwise if i want to cancel, i have to call microsoft, and that's annoying)

gt- vladgd

i tend to play mainly balrog because he's easy to play.  but i also dabble in honda (not too good with him, but OCHIO THROW), guile(honestly, sucks compared to sf2 guile), bison (ultra motions that make teleports are the reason he isn't my main).

*edit*

right i got a 3 month gamecard.  figure i save money over the 12 month thing because im not consistently on xbl, unless i get a few people to play street fightans with.

im going to emphasize that i do have "super street fighter II turbo HD remix" since well, that game kicks ass.

*edit*

i really want to learn gief in 4, but i can't fucking do it.  his moves are similar to those in sf2, but he just feels like a completely different character.  that and zangief never used his super in 2, it's almost assumed you can 720 in 4.  GUESS ILL STICK TO BALROG, even though im not quite sure what all his stuff does, i have the highest success using him.  poke, rush, and headbutts seem to get to most people.  maby like zangief actually feels like a sluggish slow sonbitch in 4, when in 2, didn't matter, he rapes.

double strange with the tier card (which i know means jack shit unless you are pro) because gief sucks in 2, and kicks ass in 4.  can't deny the stupid priority on the lariat though, its the only thing i can really connect on most people, that and standing forwards are good.

ohh well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:04:25 AM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
I can teach you a good strat with Zangief, although I don't use him often, I know some "cheap" moves as people call em, lol. How often are you on live? Because I still haven't seen you on yet.

vladgd

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »
not often

*edit*
well im off tomorrow, and if i check the forum and you say whatsup, anytime from now(9:20 est) to....7am est.

*edit*

fuck learning zangief.  he isn't fun to play in street fighter 4, i won't waste any more of my time trying to learn him. yeah i figured the super/ultra is doable if you jump buffer the 720, but god, i hate playing as him in the context of this game.  it's ok if i main him in 2, i don't need to main him in 4.

balrog is my current main.  and since balrog is fucking awesome, and doesn't need to use his damn throw loops like he did in 2(never could do em), i like him.  plus TAP through projectiles is awesome, and TAP -> super is fun if it lands.  plus like, because of him i can't really play characters with "mash" moves since i jab so goddamn much(ESPECIALLY against gief, jab my way out of SPD range every time he gets close).  think i did that with gief in 2 as well.  so much shit you can ruin with a simple jab.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:46:02 AM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »
Well i'll leave my live on, and just msg me or invite me to a party on there or something when you get on.

vladgd

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
so i think i beat you once with dhalsim...somehow.  then again with guile.

anywho, bison = new main.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »
am I a weeaboo for thinking you meant "spanish guy with claws" at first when you said "Balrog"

Oh, topic.  This would probably be a game I'd pick up if I ever bought a 360.  What are some of the game's advantages to older Street Fighter games?

vladgd

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »
like HDremix

ONLINE PLAY that doesn't suck

and it only makes you weeaboo if you turn on the jp voices.  bison has a fucking kickass english VA  (same with like zangief, and balrog as well)

MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

all capcom needs to do is hdremixes of 3s and alpha and BAM i won't leave my room ever.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
It'd probably take them another 10 years to ever get close to finishing HDRemixes of either of those two. 3S would take forever due to the huge amounts of animation and SFA3 because of the amount of characters. I honestly really hate the art from the SF2 HDRemix so I'd rather they just keep what they've got.

I turn on the JP voices for characters that are asian or make sense to have them like Ryu, Akuma, Gouken, Gen, and some others. Otherwise it's all english because that makes a ton more sense for Dhalsim (since english is India's official language), Guile, Balrog and the others.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »
so i think i beat you once with dhalsim...somehow.  then again with guile.

anywho, bison = new main.
Correct, but I wasn't using Blanka. That's why :P
You didn't beat me at all when I was Blanka. But still, fun fun.

vladgd

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 02:32:51 AM »
blanka is really damn hard to deal with.

*edit*

this game is pissing me off

like 20 championship mode matches.  2 wins.  and like maby 3 games where i DIDN'T lose both rounds.

what the fuck, it's like i never played a fighting game before.  or what, am i suppoed to turtle like everyone else?  if that's the case, im not playing this game anymore.  jumping around the opposite side of the screen waiting for your opponent to make a move because if i make a move i get fucked in the ass IS NOT FUN.

*edit* 40 fucking games, 2 fucking wins

it doesn't help that im not comfortable with any of the characters on the goddamn roster.

*edit*

well i got 106gp, figure ill take a break.  made it to round 2 (IE win round 1, IE win at all) about 5 times in that.  you get one gp for a loss, about 10-15 per round 2 win (im ny experience) and the same for losing round 3 (only made it to round 3 one time)

basically im getting my ass kicked, horribly.  id fucking hate to be one of those "this is my first fightan, how do i do a fireball" because there is no fucking way a player like that could have fun, let alone unlock many of the characters. 

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, im down for games if y'all hit me up.  im generally not a whiny bitch like i am on these here forums.  hopefully newf can attest to that.

the big basic things i need to work on are as follows.

-quit fucking up supers/ultras into teleports, it's fucking hard to not teleport since all you have to do is "wiggle joystick in basically any direction, hit all 3 punches OR kicks"  even though i try to be very accurate with "charge back, forward, back, forward, KKK"  it somehow reads it as "dragon punch animation (either direction works, it determines where you go) KKK"  they SHOULD remove the kick motion for that and EVERYTHING IS SOLVED.  the kick input isn't needed, it should be just f, df, f (or b, db, b) PPP, but no, they basically require you to be dead fucking on with your input or else you teleport, get punished, and most likely lose the round, as i have MANY MANY MANY times.

-quit goddamn sliding on accident.  zangief in sf2 basically embedded in my brain that cr roundhouse fucking rocks, so i slide, they block, and punish.  happends every single round i play, it's really hard to not accidentally do.

-get my bnb combos down to reaction.  IE, "opening...bnb combo"  rather than "opening and fuck up what i had going"

-be more precise with my joystick.  so many times i get a combo that ends in lk knee press, but i do a headstomp instead.  it never really happened much in 2, but in this game it's too easy to hit up by accident from the down back position.

-get my knee presses down, know what to use when, this includes ex moves. 

-play more, i ain't getting better if i take another 2 month break.

anyway, rant rant.  i do have fun, when im having close matches.  even if i lose, if it's a good fight, im having fun.  but if im basically bending over for the opponent, what fun is that.  it's not much different if i put down the stick to come rant in this post that nobody will read because i edited it into a TLDR.  there's a difference between "ok, he is better than me, but i can learn from fighting against this guy" and "ok this guy is basically the reincarnated form of jesus, i can't even land two punches on him, if i land a hit AT ALL"

and the biggest thing

-quit raging, it's a game, rage will only make you play worse due to frustration.  have fun, relax, and enjoy the vidya. 

all of that text brought to you by my 2 hours of losing in championship mode.  didn't fight any rufuses, else i would have typed more.  though, if i fought more blankas it would be the same.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:17:37 PM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
LoL, like I said man, choose your main, (Which im assuming is Bison now) and I'll teach you some good ways to play him, espically since hes a charge character like Blanka.

P.s ; I love blanka! :)