Author Topic: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)  (Read 19814 times)

vladgd

Re: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
headpress headpress headpress

"hes totally going to do another headpress"

whiff devils reverse

"the fuck, ok"

ex head press, slide, stmk, sthk

"FFFFFFFFFFFFF"

i just need to work on my motions, work in combos into my game, and get the focus attack in my game.

throws too....i really never throw unless im zangief.  it's a bad habit.

*edit*

yo we could work on getting some icons and titles, since they work in player matches and all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/943712/55818
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:51:20 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
I played 3 Champ Mode fights before stopping. Two Guiles and a Balrog. From what I've seen, everyone just plays too defensive. I main Cammy and it's like great, you're just cr.blocking and I can't do anything. Guess I'll just do Cannon Strikes to build bar. So then they just stop moving entirely in Guile's case and so I go over and eat flash kicks because Cammy can't approach him at all. I did bait one of them into whiffing flash kicks enough to win but ugh, I'll be staying out of CMode I think. I need to just start punching through Player Matches with random characters. I'm currently 64-22 so getting 100 wins shouldn't take too long.

vladgd

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »
played another two hours of championship mode.

up to 348gp which hit me up to rank B in the starting bracket (g3 iirc)

taking a breather because i FINALLY FUCKING WON.  winning gave me 78gp.  probably more than normal because i racked up over 2k cp while doing so (i assume the higher the cp you get, the more gp you get when you win/lose a fight).  think it went rufus(a bad rufus...because i think he's the first one ive beaten), dan (the guy must have picked him on accident, he sucked.  not that dan sucks, ive faught good dans but that guy...just say i perfected him round 1), then guile.  only beat guile because those flash kicks man, im distanced properly, i know they are coming, i block them, and i punish him.  also he is like me and sometimes goes "ULTRA IS FULL I DON"T CARE IF IT DOESNT LAND IM DOING IT" so by my previous fail of waiting till he says "three" after whiffing....you execute your ultra when he's midair of his second flashkick.  because if guile whiffs his ultra, he doesn't make it to three, and the ultra ends at two, so punish him before then.

anywho, starting to get the knee press into actual combos now, and im starting to just get better and have more fun.  even though i MABY win one out of every 7 or so matches.

rufus is still a pain, but im starting to figure him out.  blanka is a total fucking mystery, i do not know how to approach him, the electricity doesn't make matters easier.  and ken, dude, in super turbo those fierce dragon punches weren't too bad.  but those fuckers seem to land on me more often than not, when i know im blocking, they hurt, and not only that, THEY DO THEM ALL THE TIME. 

figures id be better against ken by now, but i guess not.  im so bad at this game a ken that basically only spammed fierce dragon punch, with a few crossups, kicked my ass into the ground.  and "he's totally going to dragon punch....THROW" doesn't make things better.  methinks i should fight ken like gief, STAY AWAY, and annoy the piss out of him with dr and headstomp, spammy kens anyway.  i ain't fraid to stay back doing headstomps and devils reverse to confuse you.

also sagat is fun to play against(i seem to win more against sagat), which is good, because sagat is as common as ken.

anything else?  wtb sanwa jlf joystick and semitsu buttons to make an arcade controller.  maby it would help my input problem.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
Every single person I've fought in CMode has been completely defensive. As in, Ken will crouch in the corner and only use F.Shoryuken which Cammy can't even fight against. Everything she does just gets taken out by the SRK. Have to just hope they whif and I can capitalize, which is really boring and annoying.

So then I jumped over to Player Matches hoping to find more varied opponents. Sagat, Sagat, Sagat, Sagat, Akuma, Sagat, Sagat. And every single one except for the Akuma was overly defensive. I won five of those but still, it's just annoying and boring and is why I gave up on playing fighting games so long ago. And I almost perfected that Akuma.

I'm hoping BlazBlue is as offensive oriented as it seems to be. I want some negative feedback on overly defensive play.

vladgd

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »
if cammy is getting you down, try a different character.  i hella loved zangief in sf2, but i can't stand playing him in this game.  not to mention i jumped from rog to guile to honda to rog, to guile to bison to rog to guile....back to bison again.  finally im starting to settle down and keep playing a singular character.

anywho, im down to try blazblue if not only for the cat loli.  and KOFXII, maby it will change my opinion on team based fightans (cvs rubbed me the wrong way).  i hope either game has it's charge characters.  motion characters (i give gief an exception) are teh suck.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:39:28 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 02:19:36 AM »
I'm hoping BlazBlue is as offensive oriented as it seems to be. I want some negative feedback on overly defensive play.

I know I've said this before, but being made by the same people that did GG I'm sure it will be. Hell, GG gives you a penalty if you play too defensively. Also from what I hear Blazblue will be a bit less complex than GG, but this is honestly a good thing considering the mass amount of moves what not in GG.

vladgd

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 05:38:29 AM »
i think im starting to like gief. 

i did the hardest giefing ive ever done to someone, and it FELT FUCKING FANTASTIC.  2x atomic suplex -> dizzy -> ULTIMATE ATOMIC BUSTER

im pretty sure what i was doing was entirely easily counterable.  but if it wasn't, i can see why gief is easymode now.

fucking airbuffering the 360/720 is something i wish i had in super turbo.  knocked down opponent, jump over to the other side of their body doing a 720 whilst in the air, and hitting all 3 punches as i land, grabbing them for the ultra as they get up.  ill have to do some playtesting on championship mode (was basically pissing around in player matches with this dude, going random half the time [random means i get rose....]) but he could be a fun character when i get the hang of him.

still, as good as a good giefing is to give, against good people, it's hard work getting in range.  bison is still my main, and i intend on it to stay that way.  my major issue at the moment is headstomps coming out when they should be lk or mk knee presses, nothing practice can't fix.

learning more each day i play, having lots of fun while im at it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:13:04 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 02:02:52 AM »
Almost perfected a Fei-Long but we traded hits on the last hit. Then I almost perfected a Ryu but he ragequit. That made me laugh. Imagine that! Your "top tier" character can be destroyed by a lowly Cammy and all your douchebaggy defensive playing means nothing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 03:04:52 AM »
Almost perfected a Fei-Long but we traded hits on the last hit. Then I almost perfected a Ryu but he ragequit. That made me laugh. Imagine that! Your "top tier" character can be destroyed by a lowly Cammy and all your douchebaggy defensive playing means nothing.

Haha, nice.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 05:45:57 AM »
tiers don't make up for player skill.

my easiest matchup is vs sagat, and we all know sagat is on the top of the tier list.  my hardest matchups are ken, blanka, and fuerte.

though i admit, unless the cammy player can grab worth a damn, they aren't too hard to take out.  though like, she's a lot better in 4 than in 2.  in 2, i figured she sucked as much as fei long. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:55:25 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
I rarely ever throw unless it's through EX hooligan. In fact, throwing would slow things down too much.

I almost constantly do cannon strikes while moving forward to gain bar and eventually to force them to whiff with some move and then abuse priority on cannon spike to win out over almost everything. EX spiral arrows cut through fireballs too and EX hooligan tracks and moves very quickly.

My worst matchup is probably Blanka or E. Honda.

Fuerte, Akuma and Dhalsim seem to be my easiest. I am 100% rushdown. It's also surprising how often people will fall for a jab back knuckle when they wake up. It doesn't even come close to them and whoops they go uppercut and eat some cannon spike.

I'd say if a Cammy has to rely on ground throws, they're playing her wrong and are likely yet another defensive-minded scrub.

The guy who ragequit on me had to at least be somewhat skilled though. He was using Ryu's last training challenge title and I don't even have that.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »
Whats your gamertag eggman, i'd like to play a few rounds against you. P.s - I'm a blanka user.

vladgd

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
i wouldn't call them a scrub if they are winning.  annoying as it is, being defensive is a valid tactic. 

also with your style of play, fucking balrog is the perfect character for you.  fucking rufus is the perfect character for you.

can't really say every character is built for offense.  like bison v blanka, i pretty much have to bait blanka into doing something before i can make a real attack myself, else i get boned.

also before im done with this post, championship mode is all for the points, do whatever you can to win.  if i have low life, on the final match of the final round, ill stay back bait people into trying to counter headstomp so i can hit them with a devils reverse.  that's why i like player matches, because i don't really beat myself up for losing, since there was nothing really to gain from winning.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:59:53 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
I think he's more talking about how most people don't even think about what other tactics are available in the first place, and simply do what everyone else does. They're not really learning the game, they're simply learning one of the possible tactics and sticking to it, because they can't do anything else.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
Yeah, they're basically just trying to mimic what everyone else does. It's annoying.

Also, I managed to win three tournaments in a row against Sagat, Sagat, Sagat, Rufus, Sagat, Dhalsim, Zangief, Sagat, and Ryu. Except I was at a friend's house. And I was using the default 360 controller. WTF.

I try to stick to player matches though. No pressure there.