Author Topic: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)  (Read 19813 times)

vladgd

Re: Stree Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:17 PM »
cp basically determines on how much gp you get

so if you are beating people with low cp, you aren't getting as much gp from them.

vladgd

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »
from what ive tested (losing another championship, but i gained KNOWLEDGE from the match)

as chun-li jumping jab at a guile who attempts to flash kick...HAS PRIORITY AND BEATS FLASH KICK.  pretty damn sure it loses to ex flash kick, but still, that's pretty fucking awesome. 

i randomly decided "fuck it, i hate this turtle faggot" and well...didn't eat a flash kick, he ate my jab, multiple times.  though didn't help that it didn't do much to falter his defense and ultimately i lost, i think in the long run this will help me beat more guiles. 

which is a problem, because guile isn't my problem, blanka is.  blanka is THE character i can't beat.  no kidding, i haven't won a single ROUND against blanka in weeks.  and blanka is the only character i have this problem with.  sure ken kicks my ass, but i put up a good fight, and i have a decent winrate against ken, but blanka...it's literally like "you see your opponent pick blanka.  walk away from the tv i won't win, and i guarantee one of those rounds will be a perfect

BESIDES BLANKA, i feel ive gotten a bit better at the game, and i still like chun-li, so i guess she is my main main, rather than a character i call my main and change it shortly later.  i don't have any real blaring issues with chun, i need to work in headstomp in my game more often, and predict when i should hsen cho (i forgot the spelling) more often, because it took me this long to figure out....it's good agianst fireballs.  flip over them, hit opponent, it's low priority, but im sure that's it's main use, hit when they are recovering from the fireball throw animation.

plus chun li has DAT ASS, and that's always good.

71 hours played

948 matches

39% winrate (i ain't pro, but i don't suck i would figure)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 04:35:53 AM »
I must ask, as of today, how are you enjoying/enjoyed SF4? From what I hear people have been getting tiered of it because it's such a defensive game, but I'd rather hear from some more credible sources.

vladgd

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:31 AM »
more of a taste thing.  i like it, but not as much as i do sf2.  at the same time, i enjoy playing it for variety's sake, i mean ive sunk some 83some hours into the thing as is.  it's a good street fighter game, but i don't think it will beat out your favorite.  at the same time, it's a good game worth checking out that has it's own flavor. 

i would say i "PREFER" it to something more offensive that's all ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, but it's all down to opinion.  my main gripe is that i don't like the ultra system, and everybody has too much stamina/attacks that aren't ultras don't do enough damage.  make characters regular/specials do some more damage to speed things along and i will enjoy the game a bit more, i want faster matches, not slower ones.  but in all honesty if you like street fighter, you SHOULD enjoy this one, but if you are paranoid, you can always try before you buy.  i mean, you have to know someone with a 360/ps3 or something and just rent the fucker.

*edit*

i reckon you have access to playing it from the post in the other thread

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
i mean, you have to know someone with a 360/ps3 or something and just rent the fucker.

*edit*

i reckon you have access to playing it from the post in the other thread

Yeah, my friend let me play it and I was getting into it, so I decided I couldn't really go that wrong and I picked it up. It's just that I'm already violently frustrated (mostly because I'm being forced to use characters I don't like, that and unless they have an attack that can fuck with Seth's annoying AI I have a hard time beating him. Oh yeah, and his tactics are annoying, he can always grab you before you can even jab him and the other half the time he's just spamming that low punch with sonic booms trying to get you to jump into his anti air. Also I was just playing and he literally just teleported close to me and grabbed me 4 times and got me to under a quarter of my health and I tried EVERYTHING I could to counter it. Hell, the same could be said for Abel's grab, there's just no way you can move faster than him if he wants to get that grab off.) with this game.

I'm trying to unlock everyone but when you're playing as a character where you can't do the Ultra you're at a ridiculously bad disadvantage, that with the general cheapness of Seth can add up a lot. Suppose
I'll just have to practice.

Also the edges of the arrows on my gamepad were destroying my thumb, so I wittled them down with a pair of scissors. I think I might have made them worse, but it's hard to tell what with my thumb still hurting from last night.

vladgd

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
get a fighting stick ex2 brah

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 01:09:21 AM »
Or a fightpad. That's all I've used and it's perfect. It also makes a great emulator controller.