Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 554609 times)

K-Mann

Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #810 on: October 05, 2007, 01:02:27 PM »
Well like I said, I just started, so I can't even attempt what they're doing in the vids. Well, I can attempt, but I don't think it'll go too well.

So don't be surprised if the videos suck. I don't expect them to be anything grand for a while. I can hardly do a simple vault now lol. I'm just using it for practicing really.

If you really want to see what I'm doing, which isn't much, I might post some. Just keep that in mind.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #811 on: October 05, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
Either way, It'd be cool to be able to have a collection of vids detailing your improvements as well.

I don't expect you to be able to jump over a 6 foot fence like the jump in that vid I posted, lol. (it must have been 6 feet minimum, and they jumped it without using anything except their own ability to jump.. that was insane.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #812 on: October 05, 2007, 02:59:20 PM »
Yeah, it should be fun.

Today its raining... all the more reason to practice :D

I won't have the cam with me, since Alycia has got stuff planned where she won't be around.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 05, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »
Yeah, it should be fun.

Seems like fun, also seems like something you could easily get hurt doing. I guess I should try flipping from the top of a 3 story building to another.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #814 on: October 05, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
Yeah, it should be fun.

Today its raining... all the more reason to practice :D

I won't have the cam with me, since Alycia has got stuff planned where she won't be around.

Wait, whozat? Lady friend? And is she doing parkour too, or just giving you moral support?

PS that's awesome, I wish there were places to do that here, but there literally aren't. I live in a suburban area that's only like 10-15 years old, so there are no old, rundown buildings or the like to use.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 05, 2007, 11:16:39 PM »
leparkour is amazing, goodluck with that :)

K-Mann

« Reply #816 on: October 05, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
Seems like fun, also seems like something you could easily get hurt doing. I guess I should try flipping from the top of a 3 story building to another.

Yeah its easy to get hurt. Its easy to misjudge a jump or a landing. Thats why you just take your time like I'm doing.

Wait, whozat? Lady friend? And is she doing parkour too, or just giving you moral support?

Yeah shes my lady friend. And yes she is doing it as well.

PS that's awesome, I wish there were places to do that here, but there literally aren't. I live in a suburban area that's only like 10-15 years old, so there are no old, rundown buildings or the like to use.

The thing about parkour is that you can use anything. Go to a playground for practice. Theres one just 3 blocks away from here that has lots of stuff, poles, railings, benches, bike racks. If you think about, your choices are limitless. Its amazing what you can find at a park. My first thought when I went was exactly "shit what is there to do here." But I went on in there and tried climbing a pole and I realized that you can use just about anything.

leparkour is amazing, goodluck with that :)

Thanks. Its gonna be fun.

It sucks though, its pouring rain and -1 here... which makes it even harder to do in the dark. So no practicing tonight. We might do some rolls in the basement, and stretches and whatnot. We're looking forward to the end of the weekend though, its should be nice and sunny :)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 06, 2007, 08:23:34 AM »
I have to take the SAT today, then haul ass to a marching contest ~45 miles away. The SAT gets out around 1:00, and our band is scheduled to perform at 1:30.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #818 on: October 06, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
So you're gonna drive over 90 mph to get where you need to go?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #819 on: October 06, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
 :<

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 06, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »
Our director managed to push the performance time back to 2:45. Unfortunately, I got stuck in traffic for about an hour and ended up missing our performance.

It wasn't all bad, though. We got to see Duncanville High School's band. It has at least 160 people in it, so it was pretty amazing to watch. In their first movement, the entire trumpet line was tonguing 16th notes at around 132 bpm. The second started out with all of the brass buzzing a concert E, then a clarinet soloist started playing Flight of the Bumblebee at around 150-160, with the rest of the band playing all of the secondary parts. In short, their show was amazing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:12:46 PM by Aldrasio »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #821 on: October 06, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »
Well, the appropriate speed for Flight of the Bumblebee IS 150-160, as far as I know (I seem to remember hearing someone say that it was actually meant to be played around that speed, as opposed to the slower renditions that usually get played around 130-140.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #822 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:16 PM »
I have to take the SAT today, then haul ass to a marching contest ~45 miles away. The SAT gets out around 1:00, and our band is scheduled to perform at 1:30.

Yeah, a bunch of people from our band took the SAT and were late/didn't come to practice today. We have I think 67 people altogether in our band (including percussion and guard) and about a dozen of them weren't there. Yeah, we didn't get much done, and our runthrough of the show blew, mainly because there were so many holes and stuff. Our first competition is a week from today, so we really have to start practicing our asses off so we don't suck for it >_>

The director even added an extra hour of practice to our Tuesday and Thursday rehearsals this week for that purpose, and I thank him for that -_-

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 06, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
Wow man...these people are so fucking STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! AGH!!!!!!
People like this shouldn't OWN a fucking computer.
"Wheres my start button?"
"Whats a firewall?"
"How do I close my firewall?"
Ok, go ahead and restart your computer.
*10 minutes later*
Is it restarted yet?
"Oh, I had to turn it back on?"

BURN IN HELL YOU IDIOTS!!!!

I'm so mad right now, i've been in a fucking call (still in it RIGHT NOW actually) for 25 minutes, because this moron thinks his internet connection is slow, yet it takes like 10 minutes for his computer to restart. Not to mention I can hardly understand him because he can barely speak english. Fantastic. :D

*sigh*

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #824 on: October 07, 2007, 01:06:40 AM »
Sounds like a barrel of fun. At least you're getting paid for it. I'd rather get frustrated with idiots than dig trenches or construct railroads.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE