Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 550272 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #1005 on: October 20, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
I just attempted to use Microsoft Excel to calculate an estimate of pi, but it wouldn't allow me to enter a formula with 65,536 terms. I managed to get 102 terms in, but that was only accurate to one digit. :(

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1006 on: October 20, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
LMAO. Could you use multiple cells? Like, use the first cell to do a part of it, and then continue the estimate in the next one, and so-on untill you get it to the desired level of accuracy?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 20, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »
So I installed my front 2 speakers today. The first one took me an hour. The second, took me fifteen minutes.
:D
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 20, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »
Finally the time has come!

My Swap Magic and IIDX Distorted will be ordered within the next week or two.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1009 on: October 20, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »
I have just watched possibly one of the most amazing and touching movies I've ever seen. It's called 5 Centimeters Per Second. It's a collection of 3 "episodes" about a boy and a girl who fall in love but are separated throughout their lives. It is anime, but it is far beyond any anime I've ever seen before. Both graphically, and stroy wise.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1010 on: October 21, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »
So our band definitely just kicked ass at a rather large competition just now, coming in first place out of all of the bands there. To put things into perspective, we scored an 86.72 (out of 100), and exactly a week ago we scored a 76 at the competition we went to. Our performance was so godly, and we won best percussion, among other caption awards.

Wow, I'm tired as hell though. I've basically done band related things ever since 4:00 pm on Thursday, with exceptions for time used sleeping, showering, eating and such.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 21, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »
So I really like smoking cigars for some reason now. Swisher sweets and Black & Milds are tasty.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1012 on: October 21, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »
So I really like smoking cigars for some reason now. Swisher sweets and Black & Milds are tasty.

Awesome, I've never tried either. I like Colt Rum and Wine, and Capitan Black Black Cherry. Those are the only ones I've had, but they were good.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 21, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »
The buzz that I get from them is something new to me and, me likey new thangs.

Black & Milds are so good. They have one called extra creamy or something like that, and its so ridiculously good. French vanilla FTW

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1014 on: October 21, 2007, 12:58:54 AM »
Oh wow, I changed my myspace pic for the first time in two years. Spiffy.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1015 on: October 21, 2007, 01:18:27 AM »
I don't get a buzz from cigars, lol. I just like the flavour, and smoking them in general. There is less risk of cancer from them, (though there still is some), and you don't really fill your lungs with tar like cigarettes (since you generally don't inhale them), so they're somewhat healthier. Plus, you don't tend to smoke as much overall as someone who smokes cigarettes.

I have tried cigarettes before, and hated it. Plus, you really do get cravings and such. Even after a couple puffs, I had cravings afterwards, whereas with cigars, I've never had a real craving for another or anything, I just smoke them when I feel like it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 21, 2007, 03:51:04 AM »
So our band definitely just kicked ass at a rather large competition just now, coming in first place out of all of the bands there. To put things into perspective, we scored an 86.72 (out of 100), and exactly a week ago we scored a 76 at the competition we went to. Our performance was so godly, and we won best percussion, among other caption awards.

Wow, I'm tired as hell though. I've basically done band related things ever since 4:00 pm on Thursday, with exceptions for time used sleeping, showering, eating and such.

Well I have the best band in the state so owned lol.

We won every caption award and First place in the Open class division for both competitions we went to. Our most recent won we took first place by 8 points. We have another competition this week, then Bands of America, then one more competition after that (hosted at my school).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1017 on: October 21, 2007, 05:10:54 AM »
Remember how Zakamiro and I said that wget kicks ass?  Here's the biggest reason why:

I don't think more needs to be said, really.

I have tried cigarettes before, and hated it. Plus, you really do get cravings and such. Even after a couple puffs, I had cravings afterwards, whereas with cigars, I've never had a real craving for another or anything, I just smoke them when I feel like it.

IANAS (I Am Not A Smoker) but as far as I know cigars have much fewer additives in them than cigarettes do.  They definitely don't have the same uber-addictive properties that cigarettes do.  My mom has been a cigarette smoker for most of her life and she gets physically ill if she doesn't have a cigarette.  My dad, however, is an occasional (read: few times a month, tops) cigar smoker and he has absolutely no problems.

Based on my experiences from the sidelines, both have the potential to be hideously repulsive or so-so.  I've smelled some really bloody AWFUL cigars before (I still have flashbacks to when this one old guy was standing behind me smoking a particularly odious one while I played DDR...ugh), I've smelled some pretty decent ones.  I've smelled cigarette smoke that made me want to cut my nose off with a switchblade and I've smelled other ones that have a much smoother, less repulsive scent.  What it all comes down to is this: nothing is worse than ultra-cheap tobacco-based products.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1018 on: October 21, 2007, 08:18:47 AM »
I'll smoke once and a while... Perhaps a cigarette every week to 3 weeks. I primarily do it for the lulz. Sometimes, you just get in the mood for a little something special. Smoking helps to relax, and to just ease your nerves a bit. Anyway, Black and Milds are pretty good, and swishers are kinda meh. Swisher strawberry may *smell* like strawberry when you smell the cigarillo, but smoked, you can hardly taste what might be considered strawberry. If you really like tasty things, smoke some shisha in a hookah or bong, or any other apparatus that allows you to smoke damp tobacco. Extremely flavorful, and unbelievably smooth. Optimo's are the tastiest cigarillos I've had, and they taste a lot more like their fruity counterparts much more than swishers or similar things that I have experienced. Primetimes are kind of chalky and thick, and still not a whole lot of flavor...

Anyway, if/when I buy a pack, it's been Marlboro Smooths. They've been out since only march, but they are just like what they say on the package, "uniquely rich and smooth". They're menthol, but with a mint taste... Think of Andes mints. The 100s are a little lighter than the kings, and only hit as hard as the kings when you get near the butt of the cigarette from the refry. I'd definitely recommend hard-packing the 100s, Kings are fine with the stock looser packing.

cloves are ok, it really depends on which variety you get. They burn very long, you can usually piece one with two people no sweat. The smoke is thick, (doesnt really taste like it, though) which makes them great for blowing smoke rings... xD kreteks will piss a lot of people off though, so yeah. Oh, and they cost like $6.50/pack here instead of marlboro's which cost about $3.60.

As far as cheap cigarettes go, GPC's, sundance, and winston (although not cheap, but still suck) smokes are crap. For a really good cheap cigarette, basics make a good choice. Basic cigarettes are just what the name is. Basic. I'm trying to think of a way that can convey Basic as being "basic", without sounding like it sucks.. I think "traditional" is the best way to put it.

Rolled smokes are ok, I'm not so much of a fan on TOP, but bugler makes a great pick, you can score a bag and papers for only $2. Worth for about 30 smokes or so.. Not a bad deal.

I don't want to sound like the antithesis of the D.A.R.E. program to you guys-- you know, the "lol come on! TRY SMOKING!! LOL!!" But honestly, if you're curious, try it. One won't kill you. Hell, you could get addicted and die from lung cancer, but it's not like there's a chance other shit will kill you first. You only live once, and it's worth a shot. It's just something to experience, that's all. I don't really think there's a way to describe what it's like to smoke for those of you that haven't, but then again it's kinda hard to really explain anything related to that really feels. (see drunkenness, being high on weed, etc.)

ummmmmmmm...... yeah, there was more I thought I had wanted to say, but I guess not.

--------------------

Spec, 400k? holy shit. d00d, your xboxstat.exe runs on 5.69 times more allocated memory than that, and it's only 2,276K. (compare to my firefox at 154,236K, Azureus at 83,444K or pidgin at 75,700K.) Shit, it's a little under 8x the system idle process. and that's like, extra fantasimo small.

I love wget.

--------------------

I'm a server admin for the network that the s.net irc channel is on, now. thetree.phazenet.com IS GOOOOOOOOOO. hahahaha. I kind of miss having my own server and network services to fuck around with as I pleased... It was great being able to force usermodes, nickname changes, and other fun things. Anyways... Now I gotta install eggdrop and load up some schweet game bots.. Like uno. oh gawd I love this one uno eggdrop bot, but I can't fucking find it anywhere. Makes me sad, oh so sad. :\

SPEAKING OF THE #s.net CHANNEL......

WHERE ISNT ANYONE IN THERE?! HMMMMMMMM????????  I demand answers. lol jk. but srs.

Okay, I'm done posting in probably one of my longest posts yet. Wee!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:29:49 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1019 on: October 21, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »
Well I have the best band in the state so owned lol.

We won every caption award and First place in the Open class division for both competitions we went to. Our most recent won we took first place by 8 points. We have another competition this week, then Bands of America, then one more competition after that (hosted at my school).

BOA is silly for us because we have a huge school and a small band.

Also, what school do you go to? I might've heard of you before.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE