Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 550281 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #1185 on: November 04, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
I've seen the first 50 or so episodes of Bleach, it's not really terrible. It is godawfully long, though.

The only animu that I've watched that people would be all D: about is Lucky Star, and I honestly cannot find an explanation for why I like that show. Probably because of

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 04, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
I've seen the first 50 or so episodes of Bleach, it's not really terrible. It is godawfully long, though.

I've found a few episodes entertaining, but I can't stand the whole stop for 5 minuets in a fight and talk making the whole episode one big fight scene.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1187 on: November 04, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
It pisses me off to no end that stuff like bleach gets so many episodes, and anime that are something like 1125899906842624 (1024^5) times better than it get 1 season. I'm happy that Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana are getting multiple seasons, but quite a few shows like that never make it past the first season.

On a brighter note, anyone know about the Tano*C CDs? tano-c.net they're like japanese happy hardcore/hardcore (not all of it quite fits under HHC, seeing as one CD ends with m1dy) I found some torrents of them and I absolutely love it, so anyone interested in music slightly less hardcore (and without the rampant anime samples) than sharpnel should check it out.

EDIT: http://guhroovy.hardrave.jp/ I've emailed to see if they ship to canada. If so, sweet. They have some awesome stuff in stock.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:32:22 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 04, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »
I finally watched V for Vendetta tonight. It was awesome.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 04, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »
mario mari mario

Or I can wait till that has a price drop and buy Fire emblem.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1190 on: November 04, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »
That would work, but if you can't record him just blast some grindcore/gangster rap.

INTO THE INFERNO
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 04, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »
I played Into The Inferno last night while some friends were over. One of them told me it was a really freaky song. I said, "It's not a song."

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1192 on: November 04, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
If that's true, the Berzerker doesn't write music. ;P
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 04, 2007, 11:56:36 PM »
bleach is as long as it is because it has that much material. Stuff like Shakugan no Shana (which I dislike), does not.

Hajime no Ippo has nearly 800 chapters now. Guess what? It's better than every manga in existence. The anime for it was 75 episodes and the entire thing (which didn't cover very much of the manga) is better than every show you could watch.

Long series are just fine and honestly, most of you guys fall into the category of not liking something becauae it's popular. The main Bleach storyline is very well written for the style of show that it is.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 04, 2007, 11:58:59 PM »
Guys, the band 3 is pretty freaking awesome. They toured with Porcupine Tree, so I saw them there, and was impressed, but i just grabbed one of their albums, and am reminded how exceptionally awesome they are.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1195 on: November 05, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »
I think I've watched the whole first season of Metalocalypse about twenty times now. I can't get enough of it D8

And Ulti, I just checked out 3 on Last.fm, they're pretty good. I really like the style.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 05, 2007, 02:18:26 AM »
Guys, the band 3 is pretty freaking awesome. They toured with Porcupine Tree, so I saw them there, and was impressed, but i just grabbed one of their albums, and am reminded how exceptionally awesome they are.

Type of music? Also this sight is seeming hardly active. :(

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 05, 2007, 03:14:41 AM »
They're prog metal, but really not very metal-esque, if that makes sense at all. They have a really, REALLY kickass guitarist, and two drummers, which is nuts. During the concert, they spent like 5 minutes doing a solo where they were reaching all over the place playing on the other person's drum kit, it was awesome. They seem to do more acoustic stuff than metal, but you can tell it's there.

And also: Metalocalypse is one of the best things to come out of Adult Swim, along with The Boondocks.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1198 on: November 05, 2007, 05:41:08 AM »
I just saw an episode of Xavier tonight. It blew my mind.

"What doth life?"

wtf
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1199 on: November 05, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »
bleach is as long as it is because it has that much material. Stuff like Shakugan no Shana (which I dislike), does not.

Hajime no Ippo has nearly 800 chapters now. Guess what? It's better than every manga in existence. The anime for it was 75 episodes and the entire thing (which didn't cover very much of the manga) is better than every show you could watch.

Long series are just fine and honestly, most of you guys fall into the category of not liking something becauae it's popular. The main Bleach storyline is very well written for the style of show that it is.

I was actually thinking about watching Hajime no Ippo, lol. Why do you dislike stuff like Shakugan anyway? I find that I'm rather odd in what I watch, because I tend to watch things like Piano, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Puchi Puri Yushi, Shakugan no Shana, Sola, and Byosoku 5 centimeter ~a chain of short stories about their distance~. Shakugan is the only one that's really popular, but they all ahve such amazing stories (Which I find to be better, or just more entertaining, than bleach etc.)

Zero no Tsukaima has 12 light novels for it's story, but are they going to run it through all 12 of them? Not likely. It's going to get a 3rd season, but I doubt it'll cover all of the books, or even come close. The second season didn't exactly move the plot very far, and if they make the third season like they did the second, it'll likely be dropped because of the new director and writer making it crappy.

I will admit that part of my problem with the shows I'm talking about is because they're popular, but so far, I have yet to find any single reason to like Naruto. Bleach, I don't really mind too much. Inuyasha got lame after they introduced naraku (does anyone else hate anime with bad guys that just don't die?) My point is that many of these anime are only as long as they are because they are popular, because they were pretty much designed as the sort of thing that becomes popular. You don't see people going crazy about Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, because it's a shoujo-ai, and because it's not designed to be commercialized.

I have the same issues with most movies. You rarely ever hear about a truly amazing movie any more. With the exception of those ones that start in film festivals and break out from there. You never see people making movies like Citizen Kane and stuff like that now.

I guess you could say I'm opposed to commercialization, and the general lack of creativity it breeds. (And the retarded people who think that <insert lame anime here> is the best anime on earth when I could list about 10 anime better than it off the top of my head.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x