Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 550281 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #1230 on: November 08, 2007, 02:16:06 AM »
Hahah oh god that would have been bad.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1231 on: November 08, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
Quite. Also 70-75? Wow. Worst I've seen on mine was 40, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1232 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
Well, keep in mind that I am running a Preshott. ;P

The grill for the side panel fan was pretty gunky, as was the heatsink.  I wasn't able to do a perfect job with it but I still managed a 20C decrease (50-55C under load, 40C idle).

It's kind of sad that my laptop runs much cooler under load despite the cramped design (not to mention is faster).  If I knew my board supported the Pentium M, I'd probably upgrade to one.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
That is actually pretty funny, lol. If my CPU got to 70 degrees I think my computer would explode.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 08, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »
I had the rubbing alcohol because I was cleaning my PC fans (when you see your processor hit 70-75C you tend to quickly get in the mood to clean your fans and heatsinks) and I had the water on my desk because, well, I was thirsty.

Read to here and then laughed, glad to hear you haven't poisoned you're self yet.

Yeah, I heard about that whole thing. Silly Finns :\

Also it looks like heplay BF2 right before he went on his spree. Waiting for another crusade against videogames now.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1235 on: November 08, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »
Wow. You know, if someone actually started spewing anti-violent video games in my face, I think I'd punch them, and tell them I just played 10 hours of tetris.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1236 on: November 08, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »
That is actually pretty funny, lol. If my CPU got to 70 degrees I think my computer would explode.

vidz plz

Yeah, I was a little surprised.  My system wasn't even that dirty but it really made the difference.

I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't done a "dmesg | tail" to try and diagnose some NFS issues in my Linux installation.  When I saw all of those throttling messages I figured that it was about time to clean muh shit.  I'm really amazed that a fairly small amount of dust and grime made a 20C difference, though.  I have to say, if nothing else, the P4's do really well under extreme heat.  The thing didn't even start throttling until it passed 70C and the throttling was enough to keep its temperature under 75C without affecting performance all that much.

It's amazing how much a stage1 install of Gentoo exercises your processor.

Read to here and then laughed, glad to hear you haven't poisoned you're self yet.

Not yet!  I'm sure it'll happen someday if I keep putting big bottles of rubbing alcohol next to bottles of water, though. ;P

Also it looks like heplay BF2 right before he went on his spree. Waiting for another crusade against videogames now.

Oh, I totally understand, then.  Playing BF2 makes me want to go on a killing spree...that game is awful.

But in all seriousness, yeah, you know what Jacko's reaction is going to be to all of this, despite the fact that the killer supposedly told people not to blame games in his video.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 08, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »
Violent videogames really don't turn people into killers tho. Also I just bought god hand and the guy behind the counter was like :o, but in a good way.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1238 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:58 AM »
Violent videogames really don't turn people into killers tho.

I dunno, I thought BF2 was bad enough that it could possibly do it.

Well, unless getting torn apart by a HUMONGOUS RAIN OF HAND GRENADES* no matter where you walk is a sign of good game design.

*They give players four grenades per spawn which a lot of people seem to feel inclined to use all at once.  It's not so bad when one idiot throw around grenades but it's inevitable that their entire team does it.  I fail to see why they should have that many grenades -- two is more than enough.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 09, 2007, 05:32:45 PM »
After playing Guitar Hero for about a month or so, I went back to StepMania and realized how much better I was at that. I actually impressed myself.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1240 on: November 09, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »
I almost committed a crime of humanity.  I nearly released the MIX FROM HELL.  Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to click the big X rather than the save button.

If you want to know what is it, take Sandstorm, layer the vocals for the chorus of Linkin Park's "Crawling" on top of that, and throw in multiple incidents of me (ab)using a certain "YEAH" sound that I uttered for one of the CrapMania announcer sounds and, well, there you go.

I nearly lost control of my bladder and bowels while listening to it.  It was quite bad.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 10, 2007, 12:25:34 AM »
About an hour and a half ago, StumbleUpon's Wikipedia channel took me to the ecumenopolis article. An ecumenopolis is a planet completely covered by a city. In the examples, I clicked on the Coruscant article. Then I spent about an hour and a half going through a web of Star Wars articles. When I finished, I clicked Stumble and got another Star Wars article.

Now I want to rewatch the series and read the books.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1242 on: November 10, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
I almost committed a crime of humanity.  I nearly released the MIX FROM HELL.  Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to click the big X rather than the save button.

If you want to know what is it, take Sandstorm, layer the vocals for the chorus of Linkin Park's "Crawling" on top of that, and throw in multiple incidents of me (ab)using a certain "YEAH" sound that I uttered for one of the CrapMania announcer sounds and, well, there you go.

I nearly lost control of my bladder and bowels while listening to it.  It was quite bad.

Did you delete it? I honestly want to hear that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 10, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »
Violent videogames really don't turn people into killers tho. Also I just bought god hand and the guy behind the counter was like :o, but in a good way.

Manhunt 1 and 2 if you want some gruesome games.
Own them both, beat them both, satisfied.
Love the games, they're both fucking amazing.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 10, 2007, 06:17:05 PM »
I'm kinda busy with god hand now (the reviewers that gave this game a bad rating need to die, painfully. The environment graphics/textures is almost enough to make you're eyes bleed and the controls and get a little sloppy at times but they probably didn't like it because it didn't control like devil may cry or onimusha) So is the secound game mostly stealth or dose it drift into that sloppy shooting that the last game did? Oh shit, they made a 4th onimucha?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:22:46 PM by MortifiedocAlot »