Author Topic: computer wishlist [the realistic one]  (Read 8799 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: computer wishlist [the realistic one]
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:33:59 AM »
Sweeeeet :D My folks' new rig has 64 bit vista on it, it's quite sexshi.

Also I'll most likely be getting a new, wide screen monitor, since the ones I have now are both VGA/D-sub, and that new vid card is all DVI.  Buuuuut between now and then once I get it all built, I may just get a D sub to DVI converter thingy. Not the best solution, but a solution until I can afford a decent monitor for my needs/sexification.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
Just so you know, almost all video cards with twin DVI ports come with adapters.  IIRC, both my dads 9600GT and my 9800GTX came with two adapters.  Hell, if yours doesn't include one I could mail one of mine to you.  I have about ten bazillion (slight, slight exaggeration) of those things lying around. :p

As far as monitor prices go, my dad picked up a 22" Acer monitor (native resolution: 1680x1050) for around $200 when we put his system together.  Them prices definitely be fallin'!
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
Yeah, I figured if a 64 bit cpu fit in the socket, the board likely supported 64 bit, lol.

I kinda really wish I'd gotten 64 bit windows on here, because I'd like to be able to use my processors to their potential :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x