Author Topic: E3 09  (Read 12818 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
E3 09
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
Well, I suppose I'll do this as informal as possible. So far Microsoft has made their announcements and what seemed to be the highlights were the MGS: Rising, Halo ODST, and Crackdown 2.

Also this show just started and I'm already enraged..

http://kotaku.com/5274465/meet-left-4-dead-2s-new-survivors-see-first-screens

It's like they completely abandoned L4D, and it's only a year old and lacking in content. Gee Valve, thanks.

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: E3 09
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:30:04 PM »
Yeah, bad move by Valve on that. That should just be an expansion and nothing else.

The only cool thing I got out of Microsoft's press conference was Crackdown 2. I already guessed FF13 would show up next spring.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
Yeah, also feel free to add/talk about anything related, apparently I already missed Sony's and Microsoft's. So Pele's soccer game looks batshit crazy, what the fuck is going on?

Jesus fuck I hate Ubisoft more then I used to. I was already bored as hell with he bullshit they were showing, and then the announcer was talking about a special announcer and a game based around social commentary and I had hope for No More Heroes 2 and it turned out to be a Rabbits game, so I changed the channel.

Fucking about time NMH 2 came on, it's the only thing I care about from them and it's annoying me to hell that they saved it for last.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:48:37 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
Red Steel 2 actually looked really good too. But yeah, NMH2 is definitely the star.

Sony's conference hasn't happened yet. Tomorrow I think? I don't know.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:36:03 AM »
Yeah, bad move by Valve on that. That should just be an expansion and nothing else.

Fully agree.

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:41:47 AM »
watched the microsoft press conference

<opinion>

-shadow complex (the world needs more metroidvanias)
-splinter cell conviction (i really enjoyed the first game, and well, no better time to come back i guess)
-halo odst (self admittedly i enjoy halo for the single player/co op, may even pick up halo 3...though i already beat it months ago)
-alan wake (can't say ill buy it, as with any of the games here, but i mean, it looked interesting)
-metal gear solid rising (lol raiden...wasn't excited for this game till i realized my favorite mgs game was mgs2....hating the main character does not a bad game make)
-ff13 (i just hope this isn't like the ps2 ff games...)

got my eye on those, mainly shadow complex to be honest.   guess it wasn't too bad, i mean, after they showed the games you can skip the rest of the stuff since there isn't anything interesting after that.

and i fucking hope i get in the starcraft 2 beta, i signed up for the beta thing when i got my new battle.net account when that was first released so id hope that says something, especially since i have 6 blizzard games registered on said account (sc, WoW, wc: roc, wc: tft, d2, d2lod).

</opinion>

for those who disagree with my opinion, as always, fuck off or don't comment lessn you enjoy shitstorm, because i sure as hell do
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:44:37 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:27:59 AM »
If you missed the Ubisoft Conference, do yourself a favor and never see it.

Also I keep laughing at this.

http://www.vimeo.com/4952629

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Say what you will about me being some sort of Nintendo fanboy but goddamn

Mario Galaxy 2, a 4 player co-op 2D Mario, a new Metroid with Team Ninja (without Itagaki thank god), Golden Sun DS, Mario & Luigi 3, and that FF game for it actually looks great.

That is some serious fire power. And that's not counting Sin & Punishment 2 and all the other third party games.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
Wow, Final Fantasy 14 online just announced at the Sony E3 conference. So far I'd say Sony is winning this E3 event.

and now it's showing a controller that looks a LOT like a dildo, and I'm not exaggerating. The thing is SHOCKINGLY impressive too. It's like what the Wii wishes it was.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:40:13 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
a 4 player co-op 2D Mario

What?? Wow. That sounds crazy.

I really think that they should make more 2d games now. With the systems that we have, we could do some things with 2D games that have never been done before. There's lots of room for innovation in the D2 game realm now, due to the new hardware and the lack of development in 2D games for a while (on non-handheld systems, that is).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 04:58:09 PM »
Actually, it is what the Motion Plus is. There's almost no difference. Except Motion Plus is $20 or packaged with games and the Peemote is optional and requires the Playstation Eye, meaning it'll be extremely expensive.

This is a really good E3 for anyone owning both a 360 and a Wii. And a DS.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »
Honestly, I don't know why I even care about the E3s I don't own any of the consoles, or handhelds. The most recent console I own is a PS2 and we lost the power cord and RF adapter for it (because the downstairs TV doesn't even have fucking RCA jacks).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »
watched the nintendo conference

im pretty excited for the new metroid game
i guess galaxy 2 looks ok, but i haven't played the first game to base an opinion from

and i guess im off to watch the sony conference 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »
&feature=channel

Shit looks pretty good. I love that flashlight mechanic and those graphics are surprisingly nice looking for a Wii game.

Oh and their bringing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom state side with additional characters and online play. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 09:59:11 PM »
I was like :) when I saw the thing about the new Metroid and then :-\ when I saw it was an FPS on the DS and then :) when I saw that it actually explained some backstory

Also, NSMB sequel and 4P co-op mario: FUCK YEAH

Mario Galaxy:  I hear it has Yoshi.  In a 3D Mario game.  Mario riding Yoshi in a 3D Mario game.  THIS WILL BE ALL KINDS OF AWESOME.

FFIV: Awesome.

FF13:  Sounds cool, except Lightning and Snow's profiles seem like slightly altered copy & pastes of Cloud and Barret's profiles, and what's this shit about being able to control only one character at a time?  If there's one thing I absolutely hate in an RPG, it's autopilot party members >:|
Also, Snow needs a HOAK HOGAN moustache.  No, really.

FF14:  another MMO? Square, what the fuck :-(

edit:  I haven't actually seen any of the conferences, this is just shit I'm hearing from people who have. :o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:01:03 PM by Kuroneko »