Author Topic: vlad's brolivion playthroughish thread  (Read 7831 times)

vladgd

vlad's brolivion playthroughish thread
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:44:33 AM »

mage is a custom class i made, which happens to be...a mage more modified to personal preference. 

WHETHER i get playing and progress or not is up to my gaming ADD, but with luck, i will start getting the groove of this game (AGAIN!?!?!) and possibly even beat it.

this is the beginning, lets see if i can dominate this sonbitch.

also i was thinking of frapsing some stuff, but hell if i know what to fraps, or how to even use it.  but it was something ive been thinking about, maby even do a bit of a lets play ish thing going on here, though id need a mic that well...attaches to my head.  and well i don't know if i can be entertaining or not, but whatever, ive been thinking about trying it.

vladgd

Re: vlad's brolivion playthroughish thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:05:19 AM »
bitch wouldn't sell me a house in the imperial city, being as i forgot why, i figured id do the battle of kvatch RIGHT AWAY!

i ain't no pussy ass ranged mage faggot, i get in yo grill, and play dat gaym.

and that ends today, i reached level 2, to level 5x endurance, int, will. 

next time (maby not tomorrow, got plans for STREAT FYTA and some international house of pancakes after work) ill finish dat battle of kvatch and then attempt to be a home owner (seriously, i need a place to store my crap)

*edit*

think it's time for me to be a MAN

high elf atronach HERE I COME
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:33:46 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
Ooh, a Let's Play?  On my interforums?

* Spectere hugs vlad.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:33:50 AM »
....what exactly is laying next to that guy?

vladgd

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:42:10 AM »
a mace

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:52:11 AM »
Wow, for some reason I thought the guy in armor was like a giant shield, never mind.

Also....what's the difference between Morrowind and Oblivion?

vladgd

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:06:01 AM »
oblivion is like morrowind with better combat and worse everything else

for updates, ill have more in a little while, if not tomorrow.

this was taken WAY back but it's probably the best screen of any game ive ever taken

EDit*888888

i don't know if 100 extra magica is worth NEVER REGENERATING MANA EVER

i may remake this sonbitch yet again, since i haven't played him much..not a problem. 

*EDIT*

kay this is final, i will not remake my character, this is it.

having 100 more maximum mana would kick ass, but at the expense of "shit, i can't cast spells all whilly nhilly like philly" and if you are a mage, what's the point?  if i really need the mana, ill engineer some fortify magica potion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:51:19 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »
Yeah, making potions kicks major ass in oblivion.

And another difference between morrowind and oblivion: Oblivion looks amazing, but runs like shit. Morrowind looks crappy, and runs like shit.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:51:03 PM »
oblivion...looking amazing?  maby 3 years ago, but now, it's kind of rough.

i agree with morrowind, but that's like comparing halo 1 to halo 3, not really fair.

and both games run fine for me, i don't know what y'all niggas talking about.  runs WAY better than mass effect pc from my experience. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
Well, looks pretty damn good with full settings on....

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »
Oblivion's world looks wonderful, but the models and skins for anything living are GUGUGHHH!H!!!!!  FUCKING HORRID.  Seriously, I've seen games from the late nineties that have better looking characters.

Seriously, that's one of my biggest motivations for solely playing Argonians and Khajiit -- they don't suffer from UGLY SKIN DISEASE.  Don't even get me started on what happens when you put those peachy faces near a light source.  Ugly as sin.  The indoor areas also tend to be overrun with bloom.  At least the bloom outside is tasteful, but there's no reason there should be as much light blooming inside as there is out.

Bottom line: Take out the characters, make the engine good enough to handle high draw distances without stuttering on high end systems (I wish I were making that up...I get lower framerates on Oblivion than I do Crysis at the same resolution), and remove all indoor areas, and yeah, Oblivion looks damn good.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »
Well, looks pretty damn good with full settings on....

my screens are full settings brah

anywho, update in a while, im on a magical quest to JOIN THE MAGE GUILD!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 04:24:29 AM »
my screens are full settings brah

Minus AA. Any of the human models, or the trees make it plenty apparent your AA is off. I dunno about anisotropic filtering, but I think that's off too.

so yeah, maybe highest graphical settings without extra filtering.

Either way, I have to agree with spectere. The indoors areas are lacking, and the character models look like shit, but other than that, the game looks damn nice. Hell, even on lower settings, the game still looks nice.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 05:27:25 AM »
if i could take a screenshot with AA enabled, i would.  and if you know of a way, let me know and ill take one. no kidding, the game acts as if the "prt scr" button doesn't work when all the bells and whistles are turned on, and im pretty sure i read on the forums that you can't take screens with AA, hdr, bloom on. i just still can't see the game looking "JAWZOME" with every single thing turned to max and every little knob turned on.  it looks ok, but i mean, with how "current" games look, it's hard to appreciate oblivion.  also the character models of half-life 2 look better...and that game is two years older.  but thats not really relevant, morrowind looks atrocious, and yet, it's fucking awesome.

AT LEAST FALLOUT 3 LOOKS OK, starting to take the ugly out of the characters.  but i can't resist repyan, this is a gameplay thread about blivion, not a "GRAFIX BLIVIAN" thread.  reckon it's my fault, but whatever, tryin to get er back on track.

kind of torn on how to document my progress on the game.  i don't want to take #%#64373574 screens, so maby i should just document "important" things with screenies and post them as i go.  problem is sometimes i forget, like "im going to shmuck this guy" and i never took an image of that guy.  any requests?  i mean as odd as that is, since im playing the game how i want to...yeah i don't know.  but we will see how it fairs, im new at this.

i can't leave y'all without a screen so here's my old morrowind character, right after i beat the game...and got my shitty see in the dark ring.

SECOND IMAGE IS FUCKING TRUE I SWEAR

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:33:54 AM by vladgd »