Author Topic: MAH VIDYA YOUTUBE THREAD  (Read 9361 times)

vladgd

MAH VIDYA YOUTUBE THREAD
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:36:23 AM »

vladgd- zangief v KEEP OUT- fei long

RAGEQUITTER CAUGHT ON CAMERA MAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:46:34 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS WORTH ITS OWN THREAD IN MY OPINION
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
That grab at 1:45 had some insane distance. That was nicely done tho.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »
haha, that was pretty funny.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
That grab at 1:45 had some insane distance. That was nicely done tho.

i think you meant 1:51, the range was a bit longer.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:14:21 AM »
SF 4 is better :)

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
false.  SSFIV, maby.  more characters = vlad may actually find a main.  im buying it regardless, i just hope it grabs me by the balls like SSFIITHDR (what a fucked up acronym)

video was linked in the other thread but it's more appropriate here

vladgd

Re: MAH VIDYA YOUTUBE THREAD
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 05:46:19 AM »
i don't know, i kind of enjoy recording random shit

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 06:50:46 AM »
That is a painful ending :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 06:26:55 AM »

i wanted to upload my nice honda v guile match, but that one is a bit longer...and it's 6:30am as is, going to upload that sonbitch tomorrow.  this one is just me beating down some random ken with tony hawk. 

vladgd

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 01:58:51 AM »
i eat flash kicks in this here video

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:23 AM »
Hmm, I've noticed you really have very little life in SF :/ I haven't really played any of the SF games at all, but I generally prefer my matches to take a bit more than 2 or 3 high powered attacks to win.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 02:28:12 AM »
then play sf3, alpha, or 4, there be plenty of fighting games where your attacks do shit damage.  kind of one of the things i enjoy about 2 is that everything you do is going to do some damage. 

i don't know, personal preference really. 

not my video, obviously, but probably another reason for you not to play sf2.  note, in my 800+ ranked matches played in sf2, NOBODY has landed a ToD combo on me, so don't think you can go doing what you can in the video all willy nilly.

i may start practicing sf4 later, just to have some variety in the videos i put up.  or other shit, maby people here can recommend something i have to record.  short stuff is prefered since i literally take the footage with the camera...throw it on the pc and upload it without compressing.  so what i have pretty much is sf2, sf4, blazblue, iidx, pop'n (id prefer not to play pop'n, since i just have a mini controller), stepmania, whatever.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »
Yeah, looks like SF2 is not my cup of tea. Completely personal preference, but I like to be able to survive a match with at least a chance of hitting someone for some sort of damage.

As for video, I HIGHLY suggest learning how to compress video. I don't know if they looked like that straight off the camera, but I bet you any money youtube is making those videos far worse than they should be.

Plus, it's always good to learn a bit about video compression. It can come in handy at times. (Though I admit that after having learned about compression, watching poorly compressed video pisses me off.)

If you do feel like learning anything about compression, http://www.doom9.org/ is probably the single best place to go. If you go to the beginners section, it explains different topics ranging from aspect ratio through codec comparisons. The guides are a bit based towards DVD related stuff, but most of it is readily applicable to regular compression as well.

I'd say more crap, but I'm tired as fuck now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 03:30:55 AM »
actually when the videos are done processing they look pretty damn close to how they look straight out of the camera.  but i definitely need to start compressing my videos if i want to upload anything longer than 3 minutes.  that honda v guile took me about 80 minutes to upload...and it isn't even long.

vladgd

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 02:24:34 AM »

note, this apparently doesn't work when you reach new haven, since enemies start spawing there.  but before that, it's a perfectly viable way to get items/money.

while im here, i beat mothrakk...one mean son of a bitch, but if you run down the path you came where there's a car spawner thing, you basically have a roof to use as cover from his REALLY DAMAGING BOMBS HE SPAMS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER WHICH KILL YOU VERY QUICKLY.  pretty much wait for him to stop, run out of cover, hit him with whatever you got that can hit the flyers, then quickly run back.  if you do this, and are careful, this guy is easy, but will take some time to down.  i can't see fighting this guy the "standard" way (if there really is one) at the level you are supposed to do it.  which from youtube, ive even seen people comment that even being level 27, they can't beat him.  which this is a level 21 quest, i beat at level 23....and the mob itself (mothrakk) is level 25 for some reason.    

*MODIFY*

this vidya here is for the chests in new haven

farm em for upgrades, money to buy shit, money to get the 1 million achievement, or if you are crazy, money to get your 9,999,999 "how much for the planet?" challenge. which can net you 20,000 exp(not worth the time it takes to farm that money in this place, but im sure there's better down the road). 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:59:55 AM by vladgd »