Author Topic: Let's Play Bionic Commando Rearmed  (Read 4489 times)

vladgd

Let's Play Bionic Commando Rearmed
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »

i may actually finish this i tell yah what.  

figure this would be better to do for my first lets play than say diablo 2.  im no pro commentator so it's just me being me.  anywho, let me know what y'all think.  

also i must say, virtualdub is a godsend.  turned that 900mb video into a 200mb video with basically no loss in quality. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:48:33 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Let's Play Bionic Commando Rearmed
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:02:41 AM »
I's nothing to do with virtualdub, though that program is definitely great at making it simple to re-encode files (well, files it can read). If you tried, you could probably get that video down much farther. Considering an average anime episode is like, 300 MB for 21 minutes, you should be able to get smaller than 200MB if you fiddle with settings for a bit.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:29:54 PM »
Aww no Super Hard? I've gone through Rearmed so many times now, although I haven't gone through it since they patched the game to make it easier and apparently changed the rebound on swinging into a wall.

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:06 PM »

part 2

also, after im done with the standard playthrough, i can "re-attempt" the super hard.  not as a full playthrough, but more of a "hey, i can't do this shit, but lets see how far i can get" kind of thing. 

also as for the challenge rooms, no, no, and no.  some of those are so masochistically hard i recall only 16 people on the entire leaderboard completing some of them at the time this game was out. 

but i think if this LP does ok, i was thinking of the next game, and Tomba! 2 might be up my alley.  i mean, youtube needs more tomba.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »
Yeah, I would do Tomba because it's a game that not enough people know about.

As for the challenge rooms, I actually had at least one or two #1 scores here and there. I do wonder about where my score on Elevation is now though. I'm guessing way too many people figured out the trick to it. A lot of it is understanding how to get the claw to attach to a point at the top of a normally impassable block so that the game will glitch and let you go through it. The last trial is just retarded though.

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »

part 3.

going to try and upload at minimum, 1 part a week.  but with modern warfare 2 out...just say things may be a bit slower for a while.

vladgd

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 06:10:46 AM »

part 4, sewer level.  

and i have part 5 recorded and ready, but uploading makes internet vidya slow(mw2, sf2), so yeah...i may upload that tomorrow.  

anywho i hope the picture is alright, i am kind of using a really ghetto setup (shown at the end of part 5) so it's a bit hard to get my camera adjusted just right.  

*edit*

part 5

figure nobody will watch them, but i wanted to try out doing this lets play thing, and im going to at least have an entire game lets played whether it's watched or not.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:13:40 PM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 03:34:01 AM »
part 6

part 7

part 8

think im good for "making videos that nobody watches" for one night.  still, progressan through the game at a decent pace.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 05:04:28 AM »
Oh god, video 7.

vladgd

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 07:38:03 AM »
those fuckers made a short video into a long video :(

vladgd

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 03:16:51 AM »
part 9

part 10

vladgd

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 04:54:10 AM »
it's done. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/mastergd#p/p

changed up the video stuff on part 12, so quality is a bit improved there. 

hopefully the thing is somewhat entertaining.