Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 569708 times)

K-Mann

Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »
You'll need to define your version of "cool" lol. There are still a few active ones, but no where near as many as there were.

Kommisar, moches, rebirth still makes a couple... if you're thinking old school like Zag and DTM they don't exist anymore. Or at least don't make files anymore. There are alot more newer kids on the scene who produce some real good stuff, very technical now, kinda difficult - wc973, roar, izzy, g-d, and so on.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »
You'll need to define your version of "cool" lol. There are still a few active ones, but no where near as many as there were.

Kommisar, moches, rebirth still makes a couple... if you're thinking old school like Zag and DTM they don't exist anymore. Or at least don't make files anymore. There are alot more newer kids on the scene who produce some real good stuff, very technical now, kinda difficult - wc973, roar, izzy, g-d, and so on.

I've seen files by Kimmisar before. In my mind, izzy still makes absolute trash (Kinda like how everyone hated linus, lol). Any suggestions for good files by some of these guys? I've got some random packs downloaded, but I like to get more than 1 or 2 files by the same person, lol.

Any suggestions for packs I should get, or simfile makers I should download would be appreciated. My collection has stagnated for too long.

Folders in my songs directory:
Arch0wl Originals
beast1x5
Beyond Legends
Community Keyboard Megapack Volume 1
Community Keyboard Megapack Volume 2
Dark Chancellors Pack
dvw_pack
Eggman (nowhere NEAR completel, lol)
Essential Sim Collection
Hard Songs Megapack Volume 1
Hard Songs Megapack Volume 2
Hard Songs Megapack Volume 3
Izzy (Large collection, looks like a bunch of jokes/BS files)
KangXIX
KBU
Keyboard Megapack 1.5
Kraezymann
Misc (all individual downloads)
Mystery Pack
ODIPack2
Reach (not complete)
Skor's Selection of High quality Simfiles
SMGpack
Toph (Good collection, no idea if it's complete, or how many Toph even made)
Xclusive MegaPack
Xoon
Xoon 2

EDIT: ohshit, I just remembered one file I lost a while ago that wish I hadn't... I had CatchRothy22's (is that name correct?) joke file Kick Your Arch0wl... That was funny as fuck. And old as fuck too. Hardly anyone I've mentioned it to knew what the fuck I was talking about.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:36:44 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2010, 12:41:39 AM »
No one has a complete record of everything I made. Mostly because I had a bunch of stuff finished that I never uploaded anywhere and I lost it all when I reformatted and didn't want to bother backing it up. And now I don't even think Stepmania works on Windows 7 64bit. At least not without massive lag. I know it didn't work right in Vista 64bit. It was probably something like 800 files.

Honestly, I've hated nearly every new author after the point that I was making stuff in my prime and stuff like Fury of the Storm started to come out. Being too technical means it's pretty much super boring and annoying unless you use spread, which feels dumb.

K-Mann

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
Eggman I still play your Ghost Revival lmfao its fun as shit

PS I like the work you did for... uh... I can't remember if it was Steel Needle or Acid Immortal. The one you did for Mazrim TaiM

I had Kick your Arch but lost it... I found Arch0wl (Hard Mix- the one that goes Arch A-A-A-A-Arch) haha

Boobies if you can get the Red Faction Pack and both SMGroove packs. There is some really good stuff in those

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2010, 02:44:14 AM »
I did the entire section of that file from Solid State Squad through Acid Immortal and Steel Needle. Watching videos of people actually doing Steel Needle is really really fun.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
I find it funny that some of you guys seemed to be big wigs in the whole stepmania community, makes me want to redownload the game.

Also I've come to the conclusion that I throw away too much food.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2010, 03:07:13 AM »
Meh, I tried playing Stepmania just now and I found that I'm not nearly as good as I used to be and can't play some of the stuff I really liked when I did play, so it really wasn't that fun. I'm not going to delete it, though, because there's still a ton of good music there.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2010, 03:10:15 AM »
i can't really enjoy stepmania anymore, though it was good times while it lasted.  i seriously wish i had a timer for how much time i put into that game, i can easily see it going over 1500 hours.  it was to the point where there could be 30-40 songs i would remember exact scores to, like even to this day say another planet oni i got 2 greats on.  i can't even pass that sim now. 

22 greats on quasar 1.5.  guess what, i can barely pass that one anymore.   

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »
I still play occasionally. I do play spread now. It's the only way to really play the new files, with all those triples and such. When I switched to spread, I found I could do stuff that I was never able to do before, so it was nice at the time. Now it's just normal, and I don't play enough to be very good. I don't think I'll ever get worse than I am now, due to lack of playing, but It'll take a lot for me to get much better than I am too.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
Stepmania XD

I still occasionally hear a song and imagine what kind of steps I could put to it, but I don't think I could get back into it. I feel like I could make some pretty awesome simfiles if I tried now, though. I still like some of my older ones but they could use some improvement haha.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

K-Mann

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
Man sq3r I still have your Tsugaru Apple Mix and Beetles and Prep Gwarlek 3b and Disconnected Hyper... I forget what all else

I did the entire section of that file from Solid State Squad through Acid Immortal and Steel Needle. Watching videos of people actually doing Steel Needle is really really fun.

Fuckin own man, I was there for the release of it. Watching 4 people pass that beast of a song first try was amazing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:07:03 PM by K-Mann »

vladgd

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2010, 07:10:29 AM »
so like it's my birthday and whatnot, and i got my stuff and whatnot, but my mom found something she thought i would like.

a chocolate bar, with bacon in it.

if you can find one of these, give it a try.  best damn chocolate bar i have ever tasted.  it's like i don't want to just eat it, i want to savor each bite, it's just good smokey chocolaty baconey goodness. 

but uhh she had to order this from ye ole internet, but if a store 'round here sold these for say... even at it's $7.00 price, i would probably make it a monthly buy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
Man sq3r I still have your Tsugaru Apple Mix

I think I have it here somewhere. If not, then I want it, because I know I used to. It's an awesome file.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »
birthday over

uneventful, relaxing, good.  even had a bro over and played some perfect dark, good shit.