Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 569557 times)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
When you have bills and have to get your car fixed you don't have alot of money  to build a new rig. 

What does that have to do with what he said? 

But yeah, doubling one's RAM does have a tendency to help things along.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Depends how much you had, lol. If you've got 8 GB, 1 GB wouldn't, lol. Mind you, if you had 8 GB of ram, not much would make things unhappy, unless you were using it as a server for stuff... I don't get why they even offer desktops with 8GB of ram now, since it's nealry impossible to use up that much even when your trying to. (Or even half that, really. 4GB should be enough for any desktop that isn't acting as a server.)

Not unless you want to run Metro 2033 on max settings.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »
Unless it does something stupid, most of those settings should be graphics settings, meaning that the ram is uses (higher quality models, high res textures, etc.) should eat up more video card memory than computer memory. I highly doubt that a game would ever require 8GB to function properly.... Unless they fucked up and wrote some shitty code.

When you have bills and have to get your car fixed you don't have alot of money  to build a new rig.  Going from 1 to 2 gigs mad a huge difference in loading speed for tf2 and l4d2.

I just said it depends on how much you had. I know very well that a rig with 1 GB really does benefit from an extra GB of ram. I was kinda bitching about how there are all these pre-built systems that come with like 8GB ram and crap and are billed as gamer rigs when in all honesty, if a game requires 8GB of system ram (as in, non-dedicated video ram) then there's an issue somewhere, either in the memory management in genral, or in what the programmers are loading. I don't think most games could use up 8GB of ram if they tried. But if you were using a dedicated server or something, you could eat up 8GB in no time flat. Even the old Mu Online server I had (which was designed to run in a distributed system, with differnet server programs on different computers) could eat up a couple GB without much trouble. I think the game server by itself ate up a minimum of 800MB, and the 2 database servers ate up about 250 MB each. (well, 2 regular database servers anyway, there was another dedicated one for PVP stuff). And that game wasn't really a high requirement game as far as servers go.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »
My pee has been the clearest I've ever seen pee before in the past couple days.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
My pee has been the clearest I've ever seen pee before in the past couple days.

Sounds as if SOMEONE is well hydrated!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2010, 01:03:40 AM »
I've had it been completely clear (like, no noticeable difference in my toilets color after use)  back when I was addicted to water and would drink several plastic bottles a day.

Also I'm watching this documentary on channel 101 about the pill trade in Florida right around were I live and it's horrific. Basically doctors aren't tracked in Broward County and can sell heroin (Oxycodone I think was the major player in this? That and Xanax) to people as much as they like with little to no ramifications to them.

Ah, democracy.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:56:04 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
i just realized you can do a ghetto resize job with mspaint, so i will probably make a bunch of different avs now.  too damn lazy to reinstall photoshop just to make random avatars.  

you are a furfag if you can tell me the artist of the very current avatar i have.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2010, 09:06:28 AM »
What does that have to do with what he said? 

But yeah, doubling one's RAM does have a tendency to help things along.

He doesn't need to add his long winded two cents in there...it just irritates the hell out of me.  He's worse then some of the dumb ass customers that I have to work with.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
He doesn't need to add his long winded two cents in there...it just irritates the hell out of me.  He's worse then some of the dumb ass customers that I have to work with.

But the remark about money had absolutely NOTHING to do with what he said.  Reading comprehension, man.  Perhaps you ought to learn it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:41:11 PM by Jupi »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »
He doesn't need to add his long winded two cents in there...it just irritates the hell out of me.  He's worse then some of the dumb ass customers that I have to work with.

This is a website, we discuss things. If we didn't discuss stuff like that here, the site would have died a long time ago.

And at least unlike those dumbass customers, I actually have some idea of what I'm talking about.

But seriously, if I go off an a tangent related to something you said, and you get all pissy thinking I said or meant something that I didn't with my post, then it's not my problem. I'm not trying to start shit with you, so don't start shit with me.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
where's my clerks 3 goddamnit, i want it now

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2010, 02:41:30 AM »
Not gonna happen.

Also I hear Clash of the Titans was shitty.

K-Mann

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
Save yourself $5 and watch it in 2D. It looks kinda good actually, typical unsung hero kind of movie, but the effects are kinda neat.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:31 AM »
Wow, being in a room with people who like anime, and a few other people who don't like anime while Bebop comes on has a shocking reaction. My one friend (who I basically got into anime) got into this argument with the guy sitting across from him about whether or not anime is shit, and my friend sitting next to me was basically agreeing with him. Funny how strong the opinions people hold over anime, it's odd.

Kulli

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2010, 07:05:58 AM »
anime is (mostly) shit, and I'm Japanese

lol