Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 569507 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »
normally i would side for pc, but even for fps games (it wasn't too long ago where i wouldn't dare get an fps on console over pc), the focus is on consoles.  pc ports of console games are not preferable to the console game in my opinion. 

To every rule there is an exeption.  Bioshock made for a good console to pc port.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »
normally i would side for pc, but even for fps games (it wasn't too long ago where i wouldn't dare get an fps on console over pc), the focus is on consoles.  pc ports of console games are not preferable to the console game in my opinion. 

Eh, it depends. You sometimes get a good port and you some times get a bad port, the same could be said of any system (the 360 version of Fallout 3 was horrible, never played the PS3) but I'll agree the majority of bad ports are made to the PC. I did really like how Prototype and DMC4 played tho.

vladgd

« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »
To every rule there is an exeption.  Bioshock made for a good console to pc port.

funny, i got bioshock on steam.

guess what.  IT DOESN'T WORK.

thanks 2k.  

anyway, good news.  http://www.justin.tv/cicadatehl337#r=YjoBUj0~

not sure how long it will go for, but it's on hour 20.  ssfiv got "leaked" and people are playing it.  good people for the most part.  actually seen hakan kick a fair amount of ass.

and cody has a fucking stupid japanese voice, his 'merican voice is infinity times better.  japanese cody sounds like a faggot 6 year old boy, 'merican cody sounds like what cody looks like he should sound like.  that and both of t-hawk's voices are bad.  he should sound like sagat meets seth or something. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:39:20 PM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
What book would anyone recommend for learning C++?

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
Not C++ for dummies. I've got both Learn C++ in 24 hours, and C++ for dummies, and neither of them are all that great. Learn C++ in 24 hours isn't nearly as bad as C++ for dummies, though.

I've learned more programming from tutorials online than I have through books, to be honest. The only programming book I have that is any good is the absolutely gigantic Java book I have (Java 2, The Complete Reference, fourth edition) And it's outdated as hell now.

I'd recommend grabbing a torrent with a bunch of books, like this one and combining it with tutorials and such on subjects that get glossed over or don't seem very clear. Using a combination of sources to learn usually makes it easier to find the right resource to learn each specific thing from, rather than trusting one source to teach you everything you need to know.

For example, algorithms and data structures, which are very important aspects of advanced programming hardly get touched on in most "Learn C++" books. But without some decent knowledge, it can be very difficult to properly program a lot of things. Networkin is another subject that tends to be left out, or glossed over because it's such a huge and complex subject (Networking in C++ is torture compared to in C# and Java).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
funny, i got bioshock on steam.

guess what.  IT DOESN'T WORK.

thanks 2k.  

anyway, good news.  http://www.justin.tv/cicadatehl337#r=YjoBUj0~

not sure how long it will go for, but it's on hour 20.  ssfiv got "leaked" and people are playing it.  good people for the most part.  actually seen hakan kick a fair amount of ass.

and cody has a fucking stupid japanese voice, his 'merican voice is infinity times better.  japanese cody sounds like a faggot 6 year old boy, 'merican cody sounds like what cody looks like he should sound like.  that and both of t-hawk's voices are bad.  he should sound like sagat meets seth or something. 

I wouldn't bother with videos of the leaked version. It's not the final version and has a ton of stuff incorrect. Damage from combos being completely wacky, Ultras glitching, etc.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
(the 360 version of allout 3 was horrible, never played the PS3)

The PS3 version is even worse.  Lots of bugs, too.

I pretty much have to get console versions because my PC doesn't have the hardware requirements to run most games.  Shit sux.

vladgd

« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
when i get a console game, i know it's going to work, at the bare minimum.  when i get a pc game, i don't know jack, even if i have well above the recommended system requirements.

bioshock and stalker are both games i own and want to play.  bioshock and stalker are both games i payed money for that don't fucking work.  ill sacrifice better controls for the ability to play the game at all. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2010, 01:38:32 AM »
Yeah true, you really should look through some forums/walk through for that, because there has to be something for it.

vladgd

« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2010, 01:54:18 AM »
believe me, i did. 

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2010, 01:06:02 AM »
This. Fuck having a shitty computer.

Mines about 8 years old and I still use it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
I've got fairly new parts (mostly AMD stuff but it's still a good dual-core with plenty of ram and a pretty good video card) and I still feel like I can't get enough out of it for PC games to be worth playing. I guess I want to be able to go big or go home yeah? I mean, I can play most stuff with what I've got, but not at 1920x1080 to maximize the potential of my monitor. Playing at 720p just feels odd. And even the games I do want to play aren't especially optimized (oh my god The Witcher, even the Enhanced Version) so things chug and dip annoyingly.

vladgd

« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »
This. Fuck having a shitty computer.

sad part about that for me, i don't have a shitty computer.  my computer can buttfuck both of those games running at the same time maxed, if they wanted to get to the part where they ran.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »
I've got fairly new parts (mostly AMD stuff but it's still a good dual-core with plenty of ram and a pretty good video card)

Yeah I think the computer that I want to build this year is an AMD dual-core

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »
My laptop is an AMD dual core, and it seems to run pretty nicely. The only problem is, it's a laptop. Mobile graphics chipsets fucking SUCK.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x