Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 587252 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/

did this, took me like a good 6 hours of research and testing/failing to get it right 100% at my house without spending any $. :)

I have swap magic and a flip top case for my ps2. But for now, I don't have a memory card.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »
I just started up my PS2 and played some Beatmania US (only IIDX I could find, since the others were burned copies). Somehow, I can still play rather well, and might actually be better than I was before, if I practice for a while. Some songs that I could almost pass before completely destroyed me, but I could do pretty damn good, all things considered. My timing is crap, but it's always been crap on IIDX anyway.

Oh god, Beatmania US.  I don't know if I'm quite willing to drag that monstrosity out again.  I'd almost, almost rather play Guitar Hero III. 

actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
Lol, it's not THAT bad. It's nowhere near great, but at least it's IIDX (sorta), lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »
Ok, perhaps I exaggerated a little bit.

But it IS pretty awful.  Konami really blew their chance at making IIDX popular (outside of the rather niche crowd). 

I'm all for exposing oneself to new music, but with the first release, I really think they should have gone with more music the US crowd would recognize from Konami.  DDR crossovers and whatnot. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #454 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
Ok, perhaps I exaggerated a little bit.

But it IS pretty awful.  Konami really blew their chance at making IIDX popular (outside of the rather niche crowd). 

I'm all for exposing oneself to new music, but with the first release, I really think they should have gone with more music the US crowd would recognize from Konami.  DDR crossovers and whatnot. 

I think I'd have hated it even more if they did that.... But then again, if they hadn't ended up failing miserably then there might have been more releases.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 13, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
That's basically it, really.  The first one or two released really ought to have pandered to the crowd familiar with DDR.  Build a base and whatnot. Then as time went by, they could put fewer crossovers and stuff in it. 

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 13, 2010, 05:08:48 AM »
Quite tired have to be at work for a stupid meeting about helping customers at 6am...don't want to go rather go to sleep and get about 7 hours of rest in.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 13, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
I assume myluvr Spectere is on one of his extended absences, again? :(

Glad to see everybody's still here...

Yeah, he's been on the loose for a while now bawwww he haets us

i mean i have sonics UGC for the 360, which has pretty much all the sonic games on the genesis save for sonic cd.  i just can't get into them.  the levels seem like they are specifically designed to be annoying.  ill hold the rant, but i don't see how people can get past the clunky controls (sonic takes a while to get going) and downright awful platforming.  speaking of that, i wonder how the gamegear sonic holds up. 

The momentum is all part of the game. I mean, yeah you have a spin dash, but you still have to be careful about and where you use it. Basically, the way sonic works, the higher you are in a level, the better you're doing. You usually need to stay at a decent speed to hit ramps and what not.

Then again, I've always disliked Mario 3, and Mario 2 is an okay at best game but I'm sure most people hate that (the American version, at least).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38:52 PM »
I dunno why you don't like Mario 3, I thought that aside from being a bit on the chunky side, as far as the graphics go, the game did a pretty good job of playing out like a proper mario game.

Also, Really high, and listening to Tardis Sound (August 2005) - mixed by DJ Finny, Specifically, Sonic & Silver - USB, I believe.

DnB sounds fucking awesome high.

Yeah, he's been on the loose for a while now bawwww he haets us

When did that even begin? He's been gone for a while now, actually, I believe.... :< It's sad that this is his site, and he isn't posting.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
When did that even begin? He's been gone for a while now, actually, I believe.... :< It's sad that this is his site, and he isn't posting.

Because Mario 3 has a fuckton of sliding.

Also I don't think rivatuner effects my CPU fan speed in the slightest.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »
Sliding? You mean momentum? Super Mario Bros has just as much. New Super Mario Bros has a bit more. It's definitely not anything bad or unplayable. I mean really, that game is easily one of the top examples of how to do running momentum correctly.

You kids. I'll never get you guys.

vladgd

« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2010, 03:48:23 AM »
mario controls like ryu from ninja gaiden

sonic controls like chris from resident evil

seriously though mario is an agile little fucker, and it's pretty easy to get him to do what you want him to do.  sonic just doesn't control well.  he takes too long to get going, and his jumping feels not good for the amount of platforming they have you do. 

im not calling the sonic games bad, i just can't get how people get past those (in my opinion) major flaws. 

as for super mario bros 3.  game got pretty damn challenging later on, id always get half way through world 8 before it killed me.  ill beat contra 10 times before i can beat smb 3 once...and speaking of contra, talk about a nes game with perfect controls.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #462 on: June 14, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »
I never had any issues beating World 8, it was always World 7 that I could never finish.

Also, sadface @ Spectere missing :'(

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 14, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
mario controls like ryu from ninja gaiden

sonic controls like chris from resident evil

God no. In both games, if you're moving fast and you try to stop you'll slide fairly far, but when it comes to the platforms Mario always controls much worse. You have to use the run option for a lot of tricky jumps in mario, and doing so causes you to skid around like a retard. In sonic, his slow build up of speed made it easier for platforming (both with the small hops between platforms, and the making of large gaps and ramps).

Neither is perfect, but the slide effect from Mario's run in Mario 3 is just harsh. I LOVED SMW to death, but 3 is annoying.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 14, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »
So did you just never learn to use jumps and jump control to stop yourself or what? I thought that was sort of common knowledge for anyone playing any platformer ever.