Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 569662 times)

vladgd

Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #465 on: June 14, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
I never had any issues beating World 8, it was always World 7 that I could never finish.
world is easy if you use dat flute

Also, sadface @ Spectere missing :'(
AND HE'S NEVER COMING BACK

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
So did you just never learn to use jumps and jump control to stop yourself or what? I thought that was sort of common knowledge for anyone playing any platformer ever.

I learned how, it's just that they're shit. I figure Nintendo thinks the same considering they toned the sliding and momentum down in SMW.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
Clearly they didn't since they actually increased sliding distance in later games. They're pretty clearly not shit or even anything close to it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #468 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:01 PM »
I learned how, it's just that they're shit. I figure Nintendo thinks the same considering they toned the sliding and momentum down in SMW.

It's called different game mechanics. Yes, you slide. There are ways to control Mario fairly accurately. It's like saying that IIDX is shit because it's got tighter timing than DDR and WAY harder timing than PIU. Different mechanics for different games.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
IIDX is harddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddolololololololol

but srsly, I like mario 3 just because its different than the others! plus the colors and maps are neato.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 14, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »
It's called different game mechanics. Yes, you slide. There are ways to control Mario fairly accurately. It's like saying that IIDX is shit because it's got tighter timing than DDR and WAY harder timing than PIU. Different mechanics for different games.

Has anyone ever actually liked a platformer and thought it needed MORE sliding? Why would anyone want less control over their character?

Also there's a big difference between timing windows and having a character slide.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #471 on: June 15, 2010, 08:09:38 AM »
Also there's a big difference between timing windows and having a character slide.

Not shit. They also make their respective genre of game harder. And that was my point. I can't get jack all for good scores in IIDX just because of the tight-ass timing. That makes IIDX a whole lot harder than most other rhythm games I've played for that fact alone. Having a character that has some sliding makes them harder to control, which makes their respective game harder in some ways than other platformers.

You can't just say that because rhythm games and platformers are different genres that I can't make an analogy between something that makes one genre harder and something that makes the other genre harder.

I'm not saying I like the sliding in Mario, because I certainly find it frustrating as hell sometimes. But that's always been a part of the Mario games. And besides, there's no point in bitching about the game. If you care so much about the mechanics, go hack the rom, find the physics code for sliding and modify it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #472 on: June 15, 2010, 08:50:45 AM »
You know what I hate?

What I really fucking hate?

PEARS.

Fucking vile.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #473 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
PEARS.

Woah woah woah woah. Are you hating on Pears? That's just not cool. I am disappointed in you Jupi...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 15, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »
You know I don't hate: Kitties

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
Woah woah woah woah. Are you hating on Pears? That's just not cool. I am disappointed in you Jupi...

Pears make my mouth disappoint. :(
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 15, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
Not shit. They also make their respective genre of game harder. And that was my point. I can't get jack all for good scores in IIDX just because of the tight-ass timing. That makes IIDX a whole lot harder than most other rhythm games I've played for that fact alone. Having a character that has some sliding makes them harder to control, which makes their respective game harder in some ways than other platformers.

I'm saying there's a difference between tight timing of something and being forced to lose control over your character for a longer then necessary time. In SMW the slide could kill you, but it was still short, in M3 it would ruin lives like a baby.

The double jump in Shinobi and the wall jump in Metroid has some HARSH timing needed, but it still didn't bother me THAT much.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »
Kitties also make my mouth disappoint, though they are adorable and they mew, so no hate. :3

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
It really doesn't change anything. There are almost zero parts of Mario 3 where the amount of slide that you have would actually kill you unless you're just super terrible and then it's not the game's fault, it's yours. Like seriously, you are never going to ever get anyone else to agree that both Mario 3's controls AND level design are anywhere close to what you're saying they have.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 15, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »
So the game lacks holes and enemies now? because you can easily slide into them. I never said the game design was bad, just the whole sliding mechanic

lol personal attacks

You know I don't hate: Kitties

Kittens also love hats, but cats hate hats. This is also an accurate depiction of the TF2 community.

&feature=related