Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 569594 times)

Kulli

Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #525 on: July 01, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »
Guild Wars is garbage. If you want to play a real MMO, get WoW (and I'm not saying this as a fanboy; it's the truth)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #526 on: July 01, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
Guild Wars is garbage. If you want to play a real MMO, get WoW (and I'm not saying this as a fanboy; it's the truth)

I sadly must agree that WoW is the best MMO out there.

The difference: Blizzard is actively working on it, even though it's out. Basically no other MMO has even close to that much participation by the devlopers, and that is why so many stagnate, and disappear.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
GE is really, really fun for about a week - Then it becomes unbearably grindy. One of my IRL friends was apparently the leader of the biggest guild on one of the NA servers or something retarded like that, he said the game was pretty much a shitfest at endgame play, it's all just super grinding, getting OP characters, then ohko-ing everyone you can click on in PvP.

I wouldn't really consider Guild Wars much of an MMO, tbh. It reminds me more of action games like Diablo 2, since it's all instanced small group play, instead of "HOLY SHIT 200 GUYS ON SCREEN FARM ALL THE SPIDERS YOU CAN MADNESS!". But I am also biased, since my uncle's one of the art guys at arena.net :v

I started playing DDO lately, and it's kind of fun. It sort of reminds me of GW in the sense that all the missions and such are instanced, but it's moderately entertaining, especially if you're familiar with the tabletop game, they did a better job than I expected to at staying true to the tabletop game, but still having everything be useful.

vladgd

« Reply #528 on: July 01, 2010, 11:08:12 PM »
sup vidya thread. 

i might pick up blazblue cs because i like throwing money away.  problem, it comes out same day as starcraft 2...yeah im getting starcraft 2. 

as for MMORPGAS, ffxvi comes out sep 22.  ill probably buy it, roll a kitty, play for a month, quit.  good or bad, i have no attention span for an mmo in the longer term anymore.  unless all signals tell me that the game is horrible then i guess i won't waste my time, though i did get aion...

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 01, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
Started my solo route today and did just fine. Was a little pushed for time here and there but overall I got through without a hitch. There was one residential place that I had no idea where it was though and that was annoying. Took too long to find it on the map (which is to say more than 1 minute).

I was all happy because I was listed as being done after I got back without the unload but no, manager has to come over afterwards and say hey go grab your steel toes we're sticking you up top loading cans (large containers that you have to fill with boxes very tightly by t-stacking so they can go on planes), which is horrendously tiring and annoying. And then once I got up there, I ended up just standing there watching two other guys work so they didn't even need me at all and it was just a waste of 45 minutes.

I'll be reminding them that I'm not on the schedule for it tomorrow unless they just let me do the regular unload, which is pretty mindless but I enjoy the release.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 02, 2010, 09:37:02 AM »
I sadly must agree that WoW is the best MMO out there.

The difference: Blizzard is actively working on it, even though it's out. Basically no other MMO has even close to that much participation by the devlopers, and that is why so many stagnate, and disappear.

Those are STRCITLY a matter of your opinions...that is like say you two think Fuji Apples are the best apples ever where I prefer Granny Smith...point being STFU I refuse to pay $15 a month to Blizzard for an MMO.  Guild Wars is free to play and I don't feel like going through loops to play WoW again.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #531 on: July 02, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
Yeah man, that's just your opinion, man.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Kulli

« Reply #532 on: July 02, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
Those are STRCITLY a matter of your opinions...that is like say you two think Fuji Apples are the best apples ever where I prefer Granny Smith...point being STFU I refuse to pay $15 a month to Blizzard for an MMO.  Guild Wars is free to play and I don't feel like going through loops to play WoW again.

U MAD BROOOOOOO

not my fault you're poor

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »
Yeah man, that's just your opinion, man.

Pretty much Jupi.

U MAD BROOOOOOO

not my fault you're poor

Point being?  Don't flame a game just because it makes you e-penis bigger. WoW is a good game it just my problem is the lack of customer support from the Blizzard staff for WoW.  I had better luck with Diablo 2 and SC/SCBW when it came to that aspect.  If you have never played a game don't bash it if you never played it. 

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #534 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »
MMORPGS SUCK HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR $15 A MONTH SO YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GRINDFEST THAT WOULD PUT FINAL FANTASY 8'S MAGIC DRAWING TO SHAME LOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLl :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

Kulli

« Reply #535 on: July 02, 2010, 01:10:51 PM »
a fuckton of assumptions

I have played GW. And it was garbage.

You can't even jump in the damned game.

MMORPGS SUCK HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR $15 A MONTH SO YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GRINDFEST THAT WOULD PUT FINAL FANTASY 8'S MAGIC DRAWING TO SHAME LOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLl :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

WoW hasn't been anything resembling a grindfest since 2008. Also, the FFs I've played weren't any good, either (LOL BLITZBALLLLLLL)

seriously, $15 isn't shit.

P.S.
Yeah man, that's just my opinion, man.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:17:39 PM by v33mon »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #536 on: July 02, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »

Yes, it's my opinion. It is however supported by evidence, such as the fact that the world is constantly changing, thanks the the heavy involvement by blizzard's development team, which is something that almost no other MMO out there today has.

I haven't played WoW on the official servers since just before TBC came out. And I'm certainly aware of the shitty reputation of their customer service for that game (which is sad, considering blizzard has generally had decent customer service).

I wasn't agreeing with v33mon's bitchy attitude, or with his bashing of Guild Wars, but I was agreeing that I thought WoW was basically the pinnacle of MMO development for now.

I've played countless MMOs. I wouldn't even try to start listing out every one I've played. And I can say with reasonable confidence that not one of them has come close to matching how I felt when playing WoW, before or after it came out.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #537 on: July 02, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »
v33mon's bitchy attitude

lol, the dude told me to "STFU" because he can't pay $15 a month

If I was being bitchy, then that dude was drowning in period blood

P.S. I didn't know (nor care) about your past involvement with WoW. I thought you were playing your first MMO

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #538 on: July 02, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
WoW hasn't been anything resembling a grindfest since 2008. Also, the FFs I've played weren't any good, either (LOL BLITZBALLLLLLL)

seriously, $15 isn't shit.
I've never actually played WoW, I was just making a stupid generalization based on other MMORPGs I've played in the past (also, you're playing the wrong Final Fantasy games, if that's the case).

And as somebody who pays maybe $5 at maximum for every video game I get, and hardly plays video games anymore anyway, $15 is a serious waste of money to be pouring away monthly into what would amount to me as nothing more than a gigantic Internet Time Sink.  I can waste my time on the internet for free, and gladly do so (this paragraph's about me, don't assume I'm saying anything about you).

TL;DR: don't take me seriously when I write in ALL CAPS and follow my sentences up with the same emoticon 7 times. :)

Kulli

« Reply #539 on: July 02, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
eh, I figured you weren't being completely serious. I did think it was somewhat serious/honest, though.

and FFX is the only FF I've put any significant amount of time into. holy hell that game is boring (imo)

and lol @ $5 a game, do you buy everything used years after it came out? (or pirating games, but I was never a fan of that)