Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 586140 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #675 on: August 05, 2010, 12:24:49 AM »
Well, it was really weak and hard to control. Like, I could pick up a pen or something from a few yards away, but it was hard to get it to go anywhere accurately. Besides, if I'd realized I could, the first thing I'd do would be to disable gravity.

Hah that's still pretty awesome. I recently had a telekinesis dream where I had some kind of flash cards that taught me how and I practiced by spinning a walnut  in the air around me. I wish I had those flash cards now :[

I have come to the conclusion that I am growing up.

And it doesn't feel too bad

It's weird when you really realize it isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:26:28 AM by Sqthreer! »
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #676 on: August 05, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
Thats really odd Jupi...might not be something major now but I would get it to a mechanic shop and have them check it out.  It may become problimatic later on.  Don't want you to be out of a car for a simple fix :P

Aye.  I'm gonna have my dad take a look at it, as when I mentioned it just sticking, he had some ideas as to what it could be.  And there's a good chance he can fix it.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 05, 2010, 02:44:13 AM »
I have dreams about work. And not like interesting dreams. Just dreams where I have to do a missort delivery because the morning person couldn't deliver it. Or I have a bunch of on-calls at a bad time. That's when you know you're getting older.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 05, 2010, 03:36:18 AM »
It's been a while since I've had a dream I remembered, but I dreamt last night about how to implement a fairly well-optimized lookup system in C++ for key-value pairs, searching by either key or value.

The most boring dream I've had was actually a two-level dream: I dreamt I was getting ready for school (the only unusual thing being that I'd gotten my day's clothing out of a wastebasket), then I "woke up" and I was in math class, listening to the pre-calc teacher drone on for a while. Turns out, I had dozed off on the bus while coming back from a band competition; I woke up with literally no idea where I was for about 30 seconds, because it was just that disorienting.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 05, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »
I have dreams about work. And not like interesting dreams. Just dreams where I have to do a missort delivery because the morning person couldn't deliver it. Or I have a bunch of on-calls at a bad time. That's when you know you're getting older.

I once did DPH/DXM, and thought I was working the dish line the entire night, and kept trying to stack imaginary plates. My roommate laughed at me for days afterwards. When your drug trips turn into everyday life, you know something is wrong :(

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #680 on: August 05, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
It's been a while since I've had a dream I remembered, but I dreamt last night about how to implement a fairly well-optimized lookup system in C++ for key-value pairs, searching by either key or value.

Let me guess, you're taking data structures now.

The most boring dream I've had was actually a two-level dream: I dreamt I was getting ready for school (the only unusual thing being that I'd gotten my day's clothing out of a wastebasket), then I "woke up" and I was in math class, listening to the pre-calc teacher drone on for a while. Turns out, I had dozed off on the bus while coming back from a band competition; I woke up with literally no idea where I was for about 30 seconds, because it was just that disorienting.

When I was still going to YSU I had a really f'ed up dream.

One day, I wasn't feeling too great.  I had a few hours between classes, so instead of doing something productive I headed back to my car to catch some z's.  I proceeded to have the most vivid dream that I recall ever having.  I was in an area that can only be described as "post-apocalyptic Youngstown" (I say that mostly because it was an improvement over the current Youngstown, but partially because it had that whole "demolished Gears of War look").  It was raining, and it was so vivid that I could feel the rain drops hitting my face.

I walked around for a bit, trying to find some sign of life, when I ran into some sort of armed patrol.  True to form, they started shooting at me.  I had a pistol (which, annoyingly enough, did not have infinite ammo) so I fired back as I fled.  I felt a searing pain in my leg, realizing that I'd gotten shot.  A few seconds later, I woke up, my leg hurting a bit.

I'm not sure if I just bumped it into the steering wheel or if the feeling was so strong that it transcended the confines of my violent, dismal imagination, but shit was intense.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #681 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »
When I was little, I wanted to go to YSU because their mascot was a penguin

not kidding

EDIT: the memories
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:38:36 PM by Aa »

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #682 on: August 05, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
Haha wow. Good ol' a0.com.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

vladgd

« Reply #683 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:27 AM »
found my new sci fi to watch

stargate universe

5 episodes in, i should be sleeping right now but i need to watch another episode. 

it's like stargate sg-1...well no.  atlantis, sorta...no. 

finally a space show (that i am aware of) that doesn't take place in our galaxy.  shit's rad. 

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #684 on: August 07, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
The original Stargate movie didn't, either, but I guess you mean television show specifically :o

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 08, 2010, 03:13:44 AM »
found my new sci fi to watch

stargate universe

5 episodes in, i should be sleeping right now but i need to watch another episode.  

it's like stargate sg-1...well no.  atlantis, sorta...no.  

finally a space show (that i am aware of) that doesn't take place in our galaxy.  shit's rad.  

Ohh, I haven't seen this yet. I liked SG-1 a bit, but didn't really care for Atlantis. Should look into that :v

vladgd

« Reply #686 on: August 08, 2010, 07:05:31 AM »
if you don't want to get boned with a cliffhanger that makes things get fucked in every possible direction, wait a while before watching season 1.

season 2 airs september 28. 

so i implied i seen season 1, it's good.  lots of drama, action, tension, there could be more sci fi in there, but stargate hasn't been as crazy with that subject matter than other sci fi shows.  it's still crazy and whatnot(cross galaxy travel, instantaneous consciousness swapping from anywhere in the universe, mcgyver, pretty crazy stuff), but i mean it's stargate, not farscape. 

watch it, it's good. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #687 on: August 08, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »
the memories

omg

In retrospect, I wish I would have participated in that particular string of shenanigans.  Le sigh...

Edit: I've been doing some playing and managed to get my iPhone 3G (running 3.1.3, because I want to actually be able to use the thing) to looks sorta like it's running iOS 4:

Before:

After:

Not bad for an hour of research/implementation.  Pretty damn easy, too.

Do note that it's not perfect.  Between iPhone OS 3 and iOS 4, the dock labels moved up 5 pixels.  I was only able to move them up 3 pixels; anymore than that and the top of the labels were cut off.  I also had to bump up the undocked application labels up two pixels so that the text shadows didn't get cut off.  The text shadows were also made a bit darker than they are in iOS 4 because I wasn't able to get the app icon shadows skinned (no amount of persuasion would get it to skin them...not sure what I was doing wrong).  And, of course, there are no icon reflections on the dock.  I could have faked that (not to mention giving the dock labels an authentic look) with a bit of Photoshoppery, but my main goal was to make a usable iOS 4 style theme in a short amount of time, not a perfect-looking one that would rely on specific app icon placements.  That would just be silly.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:07:23 PM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #688 on: August 08, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
2 pixels, who's gonna see the difference?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #689 on: August 08, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
I notice it every time I look at it, and it is a bit annoying.

I do like the iOS 4 look, so I'm putting up with it for now (not to mention that you basically need to have shadows on in order for the text to stand out against backgrounds).  I just really wish that there was something that I could do about it.  I've tried pretty much everything that you can do in CSS to make the situation a bit better (i.e. changing z-index, attempting to making the blocks bigger in conjunction with display:block, using absolute positioning, etc) but it seems like the CSS support for certain elements is a bit limited (which does make sense).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:15:11 PM by Spectere »