Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 799817 times)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1455 on: February 02, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »
My damn bus home is getting detoured tomorrow, but the bloomin' port authority website won't tell me to WHERE it's getting detoured.  Grr.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 02, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
Make a phone call and speak to whoever picks up. If they can't answer your question, ask nicely to speak to their supervisor. Etc etc.  Websites are not as reliable for that kind of quick info as the detouring route of a bus
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 02, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »
Actually, despite their website typically being pretty useless, they're actually pretty fast with posting detour information. 

Ah hell.  It's only going to be kicked around for two hours for the Steeler parade.  I might as well go kill some time in the South Side until proper service is restored.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »
In Platinum, I'm trying to catch a Farfetch'd that's holding a "Stick," which increases Farfetch'd's critical hit ratio. A wild one has a 5% chance of holding one. I've caught 43 so far and none of them have been holding it.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »
Phone died somewhere between Baltimore and Ohio, and apparently at random. We're hoping to get a new one this week.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 05, 2009, 03:29:09 AM »
That uberly sucks good sir.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:02 AM »
The fact that we are only a few posts away from page 100.

Not really, but.

I hate the fact that I always seem to be working when I have other things to do but never have work when I don't have anything to do.

Also the fact that I have great game ideas but I don't know how to program or anything...let alone know what programs do what.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 06, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
You could take a shot at learning Flash.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1463 on: February 06, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
You could take a shot at learning Flash.

Coming from a programmer: Flash scripting sucks. Seriously.

If you want to learn some basic programming concepts, I would suggest starting on something simple, like the scripting system in rpg maker 2000 or something. Then you can move up to learning a language that can do more, but requires you to type it's commands out and such.

Personally, I would suggest that if you want to learn to program, you go through some tutorials on visual basic or something. Once you've learned the basic concepts of how something works, you can apply them to any language. I've learned a whole bunch of languages thanks to originally learning the concepts of programming from C++.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 08, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
rpg maker 2000

I have RPG Maker 3 for the PS2 and I have made a game that maxed out the memory capacity for the game...so I know how to do events and stuff like that...what I want to do is CREATE the effects such as shaking the screen, not just put it into the event.

Also, I'm pissed off that I haven't worked on my SM pack for a long time because of so many different reasons.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1465 on: February 08, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
I have RPG Maker 3 for the PS2 and I have made a game that maxed out the memory capacity for the game...so I know how to do events and stuff like that...what I want to do is CREATE the effects such as shaking the screen, not just put it into the event.

Also, I'm pissed off that I haven't worked on my SM pack for a long time because of so many different reasons.

gamedev.net is a great place to learn about actual game programming, and they don't have articles on just one language. They are a great place to go to learn about game programming stuff. However, to learn to do some of the more advanced stuff, you need to know how to program in a language in the first place.

For instance, if you were drawing a tile based game, and you wanted to shake the screen, there are 2 main ways you could go about it. You could take the screen's contents and shake that back and forth, which will cause black bars on the side when the screen moves away from that side of the visible screen. The other way of doing it is essentially moving the camera back and forth and actually drawing what's to the side of the current screen when it moves. That one requires you to get all the tiles on that side of the screen that would be visible and draw them. Not only that, but both of them require you to be able to draw your tiles on locations that they normally wouldn't be drawn on (say they're 16 pixels square, now you'd be drawing them in places like pixel 7 [counting form the left of the screen] instead of on 0, 15, etc.)

It's good that you understand how to make events and such, because that gives you a solid foundation to learn a programming language, but working with RPG makers and such really hides the complex internals required in making a game.

Personally, if you're planning on seriously learning to program, I would say to not bother learning some stupid language like VB, which though it's good for teaching, is a retarded language to write in, and go straight to Java or C# (I would suggest learning C#, because it has an awesome IDE from Microsoft freely available with stuff like code completion).

Here's the page you can download the C# IDE from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/

Here's a link to the hello world program on the MSDN in C#
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173060(VS.80).aspx

If you're gonna learn C#, I highly suggest learning how to navigate/locate information about stuff on the MSDN website. That site KICKS ASS for learning how to do stuff in C# or any of the visual studio languages.

And again, Gamedev.net is a great resource for finding out how to make things work. They might not always supply source code, but that's what programming is about: learning how something works, and then trying to write code that does it.
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »
I finished and submitted my Java homework, not due until next Friday, 2 days ago. The instructor updated the assignment since then. She grades using a script. Have you ever heard of a course where you get points off for finishing early?

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
I finished and submitted my Java homework, not due until next Friday, 2 days ago. The instructor updated the assignment since then. She grades using a script. Have you ever heard of a course where you get points off for finishing early?

Scream in her face, also what's your major?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 12, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »
Officially undeclared, but I'm working towards CS. I'll have to ask her about it. I made it exactly according to the original guidelines. She hasn't and won't grade it for another week and a half. If I do get points off, I'll be pissed.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 12, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »
My dog Annie is inexplicably hacking up a lung several times an hour.  :/  We've made an appointment for her at the vet tomorrow.

Other than the coughing, she doesn't really seem to be sick.  She's still eating, she's in a good mood, playing with our puppy until she starts to cough...But still, I'm worried.  ;_;

I'm thinking she might have something stuck in her throat, namely some fuzz off of one of the tennis balls we've got lying around.  But I can't say for certain.

She just keeps giving me this look as if to say "What's wrong with me?  ;___; " and it's breaking my heart.