Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800609 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1485 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:49 PM »
When programs don't ask before making themselves the default file extension handler.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1486 on: February 18, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »
I hate it when people you've known for years suddenly don't have time to talk to you anymore

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 18, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »
Fucking hate trying to use the gamecube controllers for GG. When I get near the end in arcade mode I have to fight the god damned controller more then I do the other player, it's crazy how hard it is to find an appropriate controller for a fighter. That and my big hands don't help the analog stick situation.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1488 on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »
The fact that my memory is so shot. I hate it, I just was thinking about something somewhat important and I just completely forgot.

sleep moar

But seriously, you're probably either not getting enough sleep daily and/or are on too many stimulants.  My thought processes improved drastically after I started getting a steady 6 hours a night.  Lowering my caffeine intake helped, too.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:34 AM »
It might be the caffeine, but I usually get a LOT of sleep (I got near 9 hours last night, if my math is AT ALL correct).

Also I think my PC is overheating, I've had 2 instances were I'll be playing a game then out of nowhere the textures go crazy and even when I switch games it still does the same thing. It's odd, but my PC doesn't feel all that hot (this is a rough estimate).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1490 on: February 19, 2009, 02:12:45 AM »
sleep moar

But seriously, you're probably either not getting enough sleep daily and/or are on too many stimulants.  My thought processes improved drastically after I started getting a steady 6 hours a night.  Lowering my caffeine intake helped, too.

6 hours still leaves you considerably worse off than a steady 8 hours.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1491 on: February 19, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
6 hours still leaves you considerably worse off than a steady 8 hours.

It depends on the person.  My dad and I both have a hard time waking up and functioning after 8 hours of sleep.  My mom, on the other hand, needs around 8 hours of sleep per night.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1492 on: February 19, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »
It depends on the person.  My dad and I both have a hard time waking up and functioning after 8 hours of sleep.  My mom, on the other hand, needs around 8 hours of sleep per night.

I wish I had a link, but a medical study showed that even people who felt normal/thought they functioned properly on 6 hours sleep learned worse than those who had 8 hours of sleep, and we're not talking about over 1 night, but over a prolonged time period. The purpose of the study was to determine whether or not people who slept less but still slept the same amount were worse off or not.

Sure, some people can function with less sleep. Not everyone needs the full 8 hours, but that is much less common than most people think, because even if you feel well rested, you may not be performing at your full potential.

I'm sure if I got a steady 8 hours every single night at the same time every night, I'd learn quicker/better than I do right now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 19, 2009, 08:12:38 PM »
I need around 10 hours of sleep per night to feel fully awake and function at my full potential, however usually get much less.

By the way, isn't it true that sleeping too much has adverse effects as well?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 19, 2009, 09:14:26 PM »
I get by fine if I get around 6-7 hours of sleep in a given day, though it's usually not all at once. I have a midday nap for an hour or so.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1495 on: February 19, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »
So I'm like...more than 3/4 of the way to getting a music degree at my school.  I'll be taking a bit longer than the program really "should" be, but I haven't really been fully concentrating on music until this term.  Mostly due to my parents pretty much not allowing me until now.  But eh, I'm finally getting to study what I want, bitch about the past later, etc etc...

So I'll just bitch about the present!  :D

My dad seems to have gotten the idea that this current semester is my last one at my school.  I think I've told him at least ten times now that I've still got six or seven classes left to take as of the end of this term, two of which I'll be able to take this summer.  So based on the availability of the remaining courses in the fall (most likely, the remaining four or five won't be offered in the same term) it looks as if I've got two full semesters left in addition to the 6-week summer term I'm going to be in.

Not that bad to me, considering I only really started at this stuff this year.  Especially since *zomgz* I'm at the local community college, so shit has been dirt cheap. 

He sees absolutely no value in my getting a degree from here, (meanwhile I think it'd be fucking idiotic of me to NOT get one considering how long I've put up with being here) and somehow thinks that I'm ready to audition for an actual music school. 
I have no idea where this supposed confidence in me is coming from.  Three weeks ago, he was still lecturing me every day on how all these music classes are worthless bullshit and I'll never get anywhere with them...and now he thinks that six weeks of lessons have fully prepared me for a real music school.  Ugh...

In no.  Fucking.  Way.  am I anywhere near ready.  gawd.

If only I were interested in something he wanted me to go into.  I've have gotten to go to a real college three years ago, and I'd probably be almost done by now.  >_>
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1496 on: February 20, 2009, 01:15:35 AM »
Why can't I find a half decently easy way to generate only every 3rd number in the fibonacci sequence?

And why doesn't C++ have a native 2 way rounding function... I don't like having to write my own (not hard, just kinda stupid that I'd have to...)

Bonus points to anyone who understands why this is bugging me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 20, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »
I remember a couple of years ago trying to get my calculator to generate the Fibonacci sequence only to stop after I realized the int() function was just a floor function. I could've probably made a 2-way rounding function even using the TI-83's BASIC, but I didn't feel like it.

EDIT: So it turns out the function (phi^x - (1 - phi)^x)/((5)^1/2) always gives an integer as the Fibonacci value. I tried it in Java and I got rounding errors, so I still had to int the results, but it worked.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:20:52 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 20, 2009, 01:35:19 AM »
If only I were interested in something he wanted me to go into.  I've have gotten to go to a real college three years ago, and I'd probably be almost done by now.  >_>

Meh, it would be hard to get a job in that industry, but you have to try for something you want.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1499 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:42 AM »
Pretty much, yeah.. :/
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs