Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 815594 times)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1725 on: August 09, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
God damn it.  One of Jupichan's sources told me that our usual hang out spot was suppost to open yesterday and now it opens on monday...I just wasted 3 hours of my life.  Damn Jupi's information sources to hell!!!!

Eh, don't blame them.  It was changed at the last minute.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
The problem that boxing faces is that no one advertises it anymore. No one has a personality. No one's selling these people. The closest thing boxing has right now is Manny Pacquiao.

&feature=related

He's also goddamn adorable, on top of being a killing machine.

Try to ask if anyone on the street knows who the current heavyweight champion is and you'll just be met with blank stares. It also doesn't help that the current heavyweight champion is Valuev, the most boring boxer ever and the only reason people like watching him is because he's 7ft tall. Klitschko's super awesome, but he's also pretty old in boxing terms (38) and he's mostly a boring guy (although he's technically never straight up lost a match. He's never been knocked down and his two losses are because he tore a rotator cup during a match and in his loss to Lennox Lewis, he was ahead on every scorecard and was totally killing him but the doctor stopped the match because of a large cut above one of Klitschko's eyes). There's no outspokenness to anyone out there anymore though.

Hell, Sugar Shane Mosley's the only American champion in the entire WBA and he's 37. I mean, yeah, his regaining the Welterweight super title back in January was insane because no one thought he'd have a chance but still, he's older, and there are a lot of guys who are just better than he is.

It also doesn't help publicity that boxing matches need to be held really far apart just due to the nature of the fights and the training involved.

Boxing's really gone downhill and that makes me mad.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 09, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
That also seems like a pretty huge factor (hell, I didn't even know the heavyweight champions name). Also the whole drama of the fights is gone, and the whole ordeal with Mayweather and Golden boy seemed tacked on.

but yeah, Pacquiao is a straight monster, and he's so damn humble about it.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1728 on: August 09, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »
My car's gas tank has a hole in it.  lolrage.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1729 on: August 10, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
Bought and installed WotLK.

Now repatching. SUCK MY BALLS, BLIZZARD.

It shot me back to like 3.0.2 for some fuckshit reason. GG, GUYZ

It has to.  There's no way it can patch the new Northrend content and changes without them actually being there.  It should have the previous patches saved from before.  That should at least spare you the download time.

It could be worse -- I can't install any major WoW patches with my computer.  The patch utility has a bug that causes it to incorrectly patch on certain systems and mine happens to be one of them.  Whenever a big WoW patch comes out I have to bust out my laptop or risk having the patch fail (which is preferred to the latter option, believe me) or have the client crash intermittently down the road.  I dare say it's a bigger load of bullshit than the overloaded instances.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1730 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:34 PM »
I still can't find my fucking flash drive, which wouldn't even be a problem if somebody had given me FTP access four months ago. :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1731 on: August 10, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
Oh don't even start that crap. I *own* this site and I don't have FTP access.

Blame IIS for being hard to set up, because I've tried to get it working repeatedly and haven't had any success. Do you honestly think I haven't been trying? I wouldn't be using fucking Imageshack if I could get it working right.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1732 on: August 10, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »
Sorry if I came off as trying to start something; my distaste was directed at spending the better part of my free time for the past few days digging through shit and not finding what should have been present.  I really don't know anything about setting up FTP or anything, and my comment was unnecessary.  I have a habit of saying retarded crap even at the slightest annoyance, even at people who I shouldn't be directing tasteless complaints at.  Simply out of curiousity, how hard is it to set up?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1733 on: August 10, 2009, 07:26:23 PM »
I'll forgive you but JUST THIS ONCE.

Setting up FTP with IIS is something that seems like it would be easy, feels like it would be easy, but when you actually try to use it, it just doesn't work.  I've had it set up here for a while now but it ends up doing either one of two things (depending on which configuration settings you use):

1) Sometimes I can get it to ask for a username and password.  Immediately after authenticating it displays a welcome message and promptly disconnects.
2) Sometimes it'll just disconnect you immediately without prompting for a username and password.

To make matters even dumber, in some cases I can get it to work on the server end (like, I'll connect to the server remotely, tell it to FTP to itself, and it'll work) but it will fail hard on any other box.

It's just absolutely bizarre.  I've even gone so far as to look up guides and such, and even compare it to some other FTP roots that are set up and working normally.  Everything checks out just fine but it won't friggin' work.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1734 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
Oh, wow.  I suppose Apache isn't an option, is it?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1735 on: August 10, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »
Ouch, sounds like the kind of crap I end up dealing with when my computer decides it hates me. Only thing is that in my case, there's usually some explanation, but I just don't know what the hell it is.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1736 on: August 10, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
No, for two reasons.  First off, the server is already pretty well loaded down, so installing yet another service would be a bad idea (MySQL and MSSQL are quite a load in and of themselves).  Second, Apache is only a web server and doesn't provide FTP access (the Apache foundation provides an FTP server, but it's a separate project).  IIS does just fine as a web server here; it's been serving this site for a while now.

I don't really know of any other good, secure FTP servers designed for Windows.  Most of the good ones are designed for Unix/Linux-based systems.  Even if I did know of one that didn't need to run under an environment like Cygwin, there's still the server resources issue.

All in all, it sucks.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1737 on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't know of any good secure FTP for windows either. Sometimes running a server in windows can be more of a pain than in linux/unix, lol. At least the *nixes are pretty much guaranteed that whatever you need is available, and free.

Also, I've been wondering how secure IIS is... I've seen numerous mentioned throughout the years about security holes in it, and so-on and thought it was something to stay away from...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1738 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
the avoid player function of xbox live does not work, why is it even there if i keep playing people i avoid?

there's a ryu on sf2, he's about my skill level, and hes' an annoying bitch with hurricane kicks.  that's fine, we have some good games, but i avoid him because well, losing to a guy named "ultimatemale420" is about as embarrassing as losing to an akuma named "sephiroth2245".  so i have him avoided, and who do i fight?  the same guy...over and over in ranked matches.

i mean, if i mark someone as AVOID i mean i never want to see him play me in any of the random matches EVER, not some of the time, i mean ALL OF THE TIME.  so why is this "feature" even here if it doesn't work.  i mean, im wasting time going through the 10 seconds it takes to do in the first place thinking it will work...when it doesn't.

i had this fellow avoided for about two weeks now, and thus far, ive fought him moreso than any other player i can recall.

i guess on the good side, if im patient, i can beat him with t-hawk, which i did, 3-1 recently (iirc we are about 50/50 in the win/loss ratio)...problem being i don't want to fight the fucker again, so the ONLY solution for ranked matches i know...turn off the 360 and play another game because i don't want to play player matches with strangers without mics.

you think "ohh that's retarded, wanting to not fight someone just because of a retarded name" well yes.  you are a random joe, i don't like your name, id rather not see it if i avoid you.  if you have a mic and you are a cool person, that's fine, ill tolerate the dumb name, but who the fuck uses mics in ranked games?  kind of a waste in my opinion.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1739 on: August 11, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »
Also, I've been wondering how secure IIS is... I've seen numerous mentioned throughout the years about security holes in it, and so-on and thought it was something to stay away from...

Most of the people that say that are FOSS fantards who compare the latest and greatest Apache to an unpatched IIS.

IIS's security and performance have been picked up dramatically since IIS6, to where I daresay it rivals Apache.  It's the second most popular web server out there, with a 23% market share (and growing).  If it sucked people wouldn't stick with it and they certainly wouldn't keep flocking to it.