Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800544 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1740 on: August 11, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
Since we're still on the topic of this; since I can't, Spectere, is it possible that you could go through my main directory, find the PHP file with a pseudo-random name or whatever, and rename it to "index.php" ?  Or, even, is there a quick way you could get a list of all of the files in my directory and PM the list to me?  No rush or anything, and if you can't, that's cool too; I renamed index.php back in February or March for whatever reason (I probably did it at school to keep some obnoxious people out of my website temporarily), and never got around to renaming it.  Thanks <3

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1741 on: August 11, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
If it sucked people wouldn't stick with it

Except IE, right?

But yeah, I really wasn't sure how the newest versions of IIS were. I will say that I've come across quite a few sites that run it (knowing that by the distinctly microsoft styled error pages).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 11, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
If it sucked people wouldn't stick with it and they certainly wouldn't keep flocking to it.

Too bad most people a dumb and lazy.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1743 on: August 11, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
Since we're still on the topic of this; since I can't, Spectere, is it possible that you could go through my main directory, find the PHP file with a pseudo-random name or whatever, and rename it to "index.php" ?

Done. :3

Except IE, right?

IE8 is a perfectly good web browser.  I find myself using it somewhat often because it works far better with dual monitors than Firefox does (Firefox gets wonky when it comes to saving window positions) and it's rendering engine has matured considerably.

Too bad most people a dumb and lazy.

We're talking about network administrators here.  Corporations would not use IIS if it were nearly as insecure as a select minority like to claim it is.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1744 on: August 11, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 11, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
We're talking about network administrators here.  Corporations would not use IIS if it were nearly as insecure as a select minority like to claim it is.

huh? I was mostly stating that just because something is popular doesn't make it a quality product. Sorry, kinda jumping in on conversations.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1746 on: August 12, 2009, 05:11:07 AM »
IE8 is a perfectly good web browser.  I find myself using it somewhat often because it works far better with dual monitors than Firefox does (Firefox gets wonky when it comes to saving window positions) and it's rendering engine has matured considerably.

I'll give them that. IE8 is much better than previous versions. Too bad they don't force everyone to upgrade. If they just released IE8 as a mandatory/highly-recommended windows update, we'd see a sudden drop off in virus infections, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1747 on: August 12, 2009, 11:09:18 AM »
huh? I was mostly stating that just because something is popular doesn't make it a quality product. Sorry, kinda jumping in on conversations.

Like I said, we're talking two different groups of people here.  Had it been a piece of consumer software I would have agreed.

I'll give them that. IE8 is much better than previous versions. Too bad they don't force everyone to upgrade. If they just released IE8 as a mandatory/highly-recommended windows update, we'd see a sudden drop off in virus infections, lol.

It's been listed as a critical update for a few months now.  Thank goodness.

That said, you'd be amazed at how few people actually do updates.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1748 on: August 12, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
That is true, unfortunately.

Also, to contribute to the rage:
Fallout 3 appears to be unplayable in my current save. I went as far as to go back to an earlier point (but not much earlier) to see if replaying it would help, and nothing.

What happens is that when your escaping project purity after the enclave take over, I can get into the tunnel perfectly fine. I tell the scientists to wait, and let me scout. I go into the room with the numerous enclave soldiers, and kill them. After killing the final soldier, the game freezes (with the experience indicator still on the screen).

It's not a crash to desktop, but an out and out freeze, looping a small sample of whatever background music was playing at the time (though other samples, such as speech, sound effects, etc. aren't looped).

I tried earlier to do this, and got as far as getting past that locked door (I couldn't hack the terminal myself though, Dr. Li did it) and moved into the open area there. I proceeded to get close to the bend, where we were attacked by 2 feral ghouls and a reaver. And the game froze. When I loaded the closest autosave (it was after getting past the room with the enclave) it would freeze just as Dr. Li was saying something. I didn't even have a chance to walk an inch before it would freeze.

So yeah, I'm fucking pissed. I've got about 26 logged hours in the file, not including all the time I've spent looking crap up online and dealing with re-opening it every time I want to check something out online. I've probably spent more like 40+ hours on it.

I really do not want to start a new character.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1749 on: August 12, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
Fallout 3 appears to be unplayable in my current save. I went as far as to go back to an earlier point (but not much earlier) to see if replaying it would help, and nothing.

It's a Bethesda game.  It's going to take them the community at least five more years before the game becomes stable.

But in all seriousness, I don't think Bethesda knows how to make a stable game.  A friend of mine wound up having to abandon his Oblivion save because the quests got broken and the game became impossible to complete.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 12, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
My friends all went to Mayhem fest ( http://www.mayhemfest.com/index.php ) and no one really told me.

Well, they told me at like the start of summer but I completely forgot within that time frame. Meh, I'm bored.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
I am mad that the Rock Band Mayhem Pack contains the bands from the Hot Topic stage and then Slayer and Marilyn Manson, but not Trivium, the one band out of them that I actually think would be fun to play in Rock Band.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
and on another related note, I just got the shit trolled out of me by a Sagat player in SF4. He idled over Sagat until the character timer ran out and then he proceeded to run away and spam fireballs against my Abel until I died. Something about fireballs seems to shut Abel right down (yeah I know, I'm horrible), and that match up against Zangief is fucking laughable.

vladgd

« Reply #1753 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
pretty sure if gief does lariat, you get to command throw him for free.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1754 on: August 12, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »
It's a Bethesda game.  It's going to take them the community at least five more years before the game becomes stable.

But in all seriousness, I don't think Bethesda knows how to make a stable game.  A friend of mine wound up having to abandon his Oblivion save because the quests got broken and the game became impossible to complete.

I saw a post where some guy said he and his university comp-sci department did a bunch of testing, and determined that there were a bunch of memory leaks (some VERY big) and pointed about 5 separate issues about the game.

Some other guy posted saying that after doing some mucking around with the inis, he found that multithreading was the culprit of a good portion of his crashes. I even changed my ini, hoping that that was the case. No change.

My friends all went to Mayhem fest ( http://www.mayhemfest.com/index.php ) and no one really told me.

Well, they told me at like the start of summer but I completely forgot within that time frame. Meh, I'm bored.

Seriously, that blows. Also, Mayhem Fest this year had a fucking shit lineup compared to last year.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x