Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 815393 times)

vladgd

Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1770 on: August 15, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
so i bought a new 360.  there goes $230.00.  (i got the two year warranty....because it WILL die, just a matter of when)

so yeah, $230 i no longer have, pretty sure that's warranted as on topic for this thread.  360 is more expensive than the tripple for me(and many many others) anyway.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1771 on: August 15, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
so i bought a new 360.  there goes $230.00.  (i got the two year warranty....because it WILL die, just a matter of when)

Ooh, I probably wouldn't have gotten the warranty.  Remember, the 360 has a three year RRoD warranty included, beginning with the purchase date.  Unless the two year warranty stacks on top of that (unlikely, as the three year extended warranty covers only a very specific issue), I think you might have wasted your money on it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1772 on: August 15, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »
ohh well, what's $20 spent on potentially $200 in the future saved.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 16, 2009, 12:54:23 AM »
There is NO CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH.

*rage*

But can you see why you enjoy the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1774 on: August 16, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »
Yes, actually.  It's the most fuckin' delicious cereal I've ever put in my mouth.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1775 on: August 16, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
Hoooo boy...the person who built the Windows port for qemu 0.9.1 is a complete fucking moron.

First of all, it doesn't accept paths with backslashes, not even when you quote the string (FYI, the quote method works with, oh, EVERY OTHER *NIX PORT I'VE USED).  Considering qemu isn't something you manually pass arguments to every single time, this is horribly convenient as it forces me to hard-code the path to the ISO that I want to test in my cmd script, requiring me to write a script for every single goddamn image I want to test.

Sadly, that's isn't the worst part about it.  Oh no.  The worst crime that he committed was hard coding the fucking BIOS paths in the executable.  WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!  If anything, it should default to the directory that the application is in.  That would actually make logical sense!  qemu is effectively a portable application, why the fuck would I unzip it into Program Files?

Oh, did I mention that it crashed the second I actually managed to start it?  I probably should.  qemu crashed the second I tried to start it.  On both of my computers.  Way to go.

Looks like I'm going to have to stick with 0.9.0.  At least the person who ported that is competent.  It's a shame he stopped working on the ports (even if he, also, hard coded the goddamn BIOS paths!  Seriously, that's just...dumb.  On the bright side, his port actually works perfectly with backslashes).

GRajifpdsmalfew.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1776 on: August 16, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
Wow... This is the sort of thing that makes me think that if I ever completed a programing project, I'd be a halfway competent programmer. I'm dismal at debugging stuff, but my code is usually readable, and avoids crap like hardcoding stuff like that :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 21, 2009, 01:50:03 AM »
I was adding some custom teaxtures to SF4 and I messed with the files a bit to make it so the default colors were the ones that were changed and now the game crashed when I pick Gief or Sakura. Shit sucks.

vladgd

« Reply #1778 on: August 22, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
tried the killer b flavor of monster nitrous

do you like sweet lemoney tea?  if so, you will enjoy this.

if you start to vomit thinking of the taste of sweet lemoney tea...you will hate it.

i can't even finish this thing.  ohh well, 2 out of 3 flavors is pretty good, but 3/3 would have been better.

K-Mann

« Reply #1779 on: August 22, 2009, 11:02:44 PM »
so guys i heard that spaghetti was pretty cool

would you prefer penne? linguini? fettuccine?

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1780 on: August 22, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »
anything that's not spaghetti :'(

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 25, 2009, 03:41:24 AM »
Another instance of going through a cave full of enemies, thoroughly exploring it, and then having to fight 2 different sets of enemies. God damn, Mother 3 has some real ball breaking parts.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »
Not really anger more like Petting my Peeves with an Irate Wombat:  I get home from work and the kitchen sink is over full of dishes that need to be done.  I then look at the kitchen trash can, it is overflowing.  Now I know my parents will demand ask me to do the dishes and empty the trash.  The dishes I will wash but take out the trash hell nah.  It was empty when I left for work earlier yesterday and I come home and it is overfull...no way in fucking hell.  Are they that fucking lazy that they can't do it them selves?

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 28, 2009, 01:18:05 AM »
get used to it mang, free rent, just take the trash out lol. its better if you just happen to do things without them havin to ask you to do it.

its the cycle of family life. when (if) you have kids, you'll have them do chores, including takin the trash out, dishes, etc. 
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1784 on: August 28, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »
Wow, I love when console games play out as though players have a quicksave button.

I was playing through Mass Effect and forgot to save around every corner.  A krogan two-shotted me before I could do a damn thing (WHAT THE FUCK?! how does shit like that pass testing?!) and I wound up losing twenty minutes of progress.  Fuck that shit.