Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 814585 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1830 on: September 16, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
also, i wasn't aware that the oblongs wasn't intended for children.  seeing some of the content of that show made me realize i overlooked it's cover.  it's not too bad...but id still rather watch boondocks.

Haha, I really enjoyed that show. They did a good job of disguising it a bit, while still making some pretty overt jokes.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 18, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
My mom calls browsing the internet "playing games".

What the fuck...

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1832 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
The. Fuck.

Seriously, does she know anything at all about computers? Christ.

I'd correct her by reading a newspaper online and asking her if that counts as playing a game...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1833 on: September 19, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »
aion is avalible to play tomorrow

i work

DISREGARD THE FACT THAT IT'S A 4 HOUR SHIFT AND SUNDAYS ARE DEAD MEANING PROBABLY LESS THAN 4 HOUR SHIFT

i still want to play dat aion :<

friend im playing with gets out at 9, i get out at 8, going to try and make a deal with the manager to have us both out at 8:30, since we want to play the first 10 levels together...before i use the fact i have more free time than he does to outlevel him entirely.  it could be worse, said game could be diablo 3.  fuck, if i knew the release date for diablo 3, im calling some days off.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:58:06 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1834 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:37 AM »
So, my laptop's ac adapter cord is about to break. I have it taped to try to reduce stress on the end, but I actually need to use something to keep the wire bent downward a bit right not to keep power. If I don't, the connection breaks.

And it's like $90 for a fucking replacement.

And it just started chirping when I plugged it in a couple minutes ago... When I bent the power cord going out so my laptop was actually getting power, the chirping stopped, but that is NOT a good sign.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:30:58 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1835 on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »
So, today the cord broke. I'm lucky enough that my laptop was fully charged this morning, but now I'm pissed, because I need a replacement, and those are not cheap.

I've been considering 2 things: trying to fix it myself, and ordering a replacement. Thing is, the cord is coaxial (basically, stranded wire core, plastic seperator, stranded wire around that, then the outer rubber cord), and I've got no fucking clue how to deal with the outer wire. The last coaxial cord I fixed, the outer wire was simply a shielding, so it didn't need to be perfect, and the job I did only lasted a very short time anyway. Of course, this time I'd be using those heat shrink things as well, but even those can't last forever.

I've been considering getting this or this as a replacement. My current AC adapter is a 19V 4.47A 90W supply, and according to the few toshiba pages I've seen with the info on it, it should cost about $90-100 to replace (with a 120W supply, since none of their 90W supplies are 19V any more). Sure, I'd prefer to have the toshiba adapter, so I'd know that it would fit properly, and work, but I don't really have the luxury of paying full price for everything, since my parents are the ones going to pay for it, and they aren't exactly making much money.

So yeah, I'm pissed about this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:12:27 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 02, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »
My sleep schedule.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1837 on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »
Update on my adapter issues: So, I went out and bought a pack of 4 shrinking butt splices with solder. Basically, they have a ring of solder inside a heat-shrink sleeve, and when you heat it up, the solder melts, the plastic shrinks, and connects the wires. I used 2 of them to connect my cord. Sure, the power cord was technically coaxial, but I just spliced them individually, rather than try to do something similar to coax (since it's not actually acting as shielding, it's not necessarily to keep it as coax). So I've got a short section where the wires are connected beside eachother, and then they go back into the old cord, which is still coaxial.

So far, it seems to be working, and the heat shrink solder things only cost $6 for a 4 pack. Much better than the $90 for a toshiba replacement, or even $35 or $40 for aftermarket replacements.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1838 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »
Marching band is devouring all of my Saturdays! :[

And I just read a negative review of one of Andy Weir's webcomics.  I like his stuff :[

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1839 on: October 03, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
Much better than the $90 for a toshiba replacement, or even $35 or $40 for aftermarket replacements.

ya i no rite

Trust me, those aftermarket replacements aren't worth the plastic they're contained in.  Seriously, avoid them.  While I've never seen them cause system failure or anything dramatic like that, they fail like crazy.  In the life of the laptop you'd easily wind up putting more money into replacing them than you would buying a first-party component.

Speaking of that, here's hoping that my Dell adapter holds up.  It has one tiny break in the sheathing -- nothing a bit of electrical tape couldn't fix -- so I think it'll probably last as long as the laptop.  We'll see.  Strange, even though my laptop is four years old I think it's still worth putting money into.  That computer's been really good to me.  The fact that it has the best sound system I've heard on a sub-$2000 laptop helps. 8)
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1840 on: October 04, 2009, 12:33:07 AM »
akuma and any game he is in

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1841 on: October 04, 2009, 01:47:45 AM »
ya i no rite

Trust me, those aftermarket replacements aren't worth the plastic they're contained in.  Seriously, avoid them.  While I've never seen them cause system failure or anything dramatic like that, they fail like crazy.  In the life of the laptop you'd easily wind up putting more money into replacing them than you would buying a first-party component.

Speaking of that, here's hoping that my Dell adapter holds up.  It has one tiny break in the sheathing -- nothing a bit of electrical tape couldn't fix -- so I think it'll probably last as long as the laptop.  We'll see.  Strange, even though my laptop is four years old I think it's still worth putting money into.  That computer's been really good to me.  The fact that it has the best sound system I've heard on a sub-$2000 laptop helps. 8)

Nice, my sound system has about 0 bass (somewhat important to me :/). But hey, it seems that the little but of work I put into it seems to be keeping. It looks ugly as fuck, because I don't have a heat gun, so I had to use a lighter, which kinda burned some of the plastic. And I still need to sheath it in something so it doesn't have wires out in the open, but regardless, it's nice that I could fix it for cheap as fuck.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1842 on: October 04, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
I have to learn how to play this in 15 days. :-[

edit: for clarification, I only have to play Allegro non Molto.  It has a challenge rating of 5.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:39:00 PM by Alice »

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1843 on: October 04, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »
Oh wow. 

Best of luck to you on that.   :-*
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1844 on: October 04, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
Fuck, that solo is scary. Hell, all of winter is pretty damn scary, actually.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x