Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800558 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1905 on: December 04, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
yeess..  myspace.com/sydneysprague
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 12, 2009, 05:33:01 AM »
A hinge on my laptop broke or stuck or something, I'm not sure. It was a bitch to find service manuals for the thing, and the manual diverges from the actual laptop in how to get the keyboard off: since it's one huge piece of plastic that looks to be kept down by the hinges, I've got no way of disconnecting it. I can't take the LCD out without either breaking the plastic around it or pulling the wires that are buried in the body.

Now, this sounds bad enough, sure, but I also got it over a year ago and so it's out of warranty. The hinge problem is a known defect in a majority of VAIO models and Sony refuses to acknowledge it. Furthermore, since it's not under warranty, Sony unconditionally charges $120 for shipping the laptop and to diagnose, and an additional $170 to actually fix it (assuming it was considered 'cosmetic' and not 'minor repair', otherwise it'd be $280). I can get a replacement laptop for the amount of money they would charge to repair it.

So, long story short, stay away from Sony computers, advise people you know to do the same, and fuck Sony. (Also, if anyone has experience with taking apart a VGN-AR605E, specifically getting the keyboard off, it would be greatly appreciated.)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »
man that'd be a whole disassembly starting from the bottom I'd guess. I would never want to take a laptop apart.. well, one that I used personally, anyway. if it was junk and 'for fun' I wouldn't mind just to learn, but yea. those hinges are a bitch to get at, good luck to you. maybe you can back all your stuff up first then start tearing into it?
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1908 on: December 13, 2009, 04:56:43 PM »
That sucks. But yeah, some laptops are pretty much designed so that you can get so far in disassembling them, and after that, you need to start "breaking" things, or be VERY fucking careful to get things apart without actually damaging them, because the manufacturer doesn't expect you to actually disassemble them that far.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 13, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »
I know it's dumb of me to get mad at this, but the comments are just a bit much for a game that looks like a completely generic shooter that also shows no actual game play.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/13/spec-ops-the-line-vga-trailer-is-serious-business/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1910 on: December 13, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
Well, you don't need all the huds up to show off the in-game graphics... then again, if that video was all in game footage, i think I'd have to buy it just because of the graphics quality...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:19 PM »
Well, Portishead as a soundtrack for that trailer was pretty cool, and you're right, it is very pretty... However I know nothing about that game from the trailer except that it's a first person shooter! Hooray!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1912 on: December 13, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
Was that Portishead? I thought that was Bjork singing...

And I really don't get why people bitch so much about so many FPS's being released... What would you rather? Another sub-par RPG that feels like a waste of 20 hours, or maybe one of the many sports games that are so much the same that I can hardly tell the difference between a 2008 and a 2010 version of them, except the graphics.....

Maybe you'd rather yet another unimaginative movie-game conversion?

Really, at least they've managed to make a science out of FPS creation. The genre is actually mature for the time being, meaning that the major differences between games are the actual gameplay mechanics, and aesthetics.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:14 AM »
And I really don't get why people bitch so much about so many FPS's being released... What would you rather?

A new fighting game IP that could possibly change things up, or a survival horror game that generally tried to set up an atmospheric game instead of jump scares and nothing but action, or a new stealth game (speaking of which, how is Assassins Creed 2 as far as stealth games go?) instead of generally shallow shooters that are praised for their online. I'm just sick of shooters, and this is REALLY brown and looks fairly generic. I just hope they throw in a decent story with the location, and I must admit I do like what happened when the rocket hit the guys cover.

Also speaking of shooters, I can't stand the Dead Ringer in TF2. All it does is prolong every spy encounter by a stupid amount of time and gives him the ability to ignore damage and to shrug off fire.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:36:39 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 16, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
Double post because my cat wont stop pissing on counter tops.

Also my GBA emulator keeps crashing when I start it...

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1915 on: December 16, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
Cat piss :[

My boss is a fucking retard. I've never met anyone so ridiculously forgetful and absent minded.

Example: Yesterday he was pouring himself some hot water for tea out of our water cooler, and he pulled the cup away and just walked into his office. There was no attempt made to turn the water off, and it was still gushing out onto the floor so I had to run over there and turn it off. And out of the 6 or so cups of tea he pours himself throughout the day, only about 1 or 2 of them will be drank. I occasionally do a sweep of the office for untouched cups of tea and will find 4 or 5 before the day is over.

Another example: He will pull out a pen to use it for a short time, set it down RIGHT NEXT to the pen holder and leave. And if that wasn't bad enough, he'll come back to the same spot, with the pen still laying there, and grab another pen out of the pen holder, and set it down. Aside from that I'm always finding random paper and garbage and his phone and car keys and shit just laying around. I am a tidy person and need things around me to be neat and organized and he's a sloppy piece of shit. I seriously feel like I'm taking care of a child sometimes.

I have tons of examples, and I get a new one every day, but I am feeling the rage well up inside of me just talking about it >:[
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1916 on: December 16, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
He sounds like a child.  Put him in the corner.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1917 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »
Nah, he would just find some way to screw it up too.
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1918 on: December 16, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
Hm.  Perhaps next time he leaves a cup of tea sitting about, you should just stick his face in it and shout "NO!  BAD BOSS.  NO TEA.  BAD."
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1919 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
There's a chance that I will then lose my job :/

Although that would probably do me some good. I've never had a more stressful job, and it's all because of my boss. The work is easy, but cleaning up after a man-child is more frustration than it's worth. It's too bad because he's relatively nice... just dumb as shit.

Another example: In most filing systems you know how you usually reverse the first and last name for alphabetizing? Well there is one patient whose name is Haley Scott, so when it's reversed it looks like Scott, Haley. He's been treating this patient for months, and EVERY TIME he sees it written as "Scott, Haley" he'll have no idea who it is until I tell him it's "Haley Scott".

:|
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:40:03 PM by Sqthreer! »
 - Alexxx