Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800608 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1920 on: December 16, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
That sucks. It's always bad when a good job is ruined just because of something like that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1921 on: December 17, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
Goody gumdrops. My boss has now decided that I need more responsibilities because I don't already do every god damn thing in this stupid office, so he is now having me take over his annoying Chinese wife's work because he doesn't like having her around. Frankly, neither do I, but I've never done what she does, and only got two days of "training" for what I do. I'm going to apply somewhere else tonight because I've definitely put up with this shit long enough.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1922 on: December 17, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
That sucks some serious balls. On the plus side, you can fuck with him when you find a new job. I mean, since you do so much for them, you can just willingly fuck everything up and see how much it fucks them all up.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1923 on: December 17, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
Just me leaving will fuck everything up. My boss has absolutely no business sense and doesn't know how to do anything that I do. When I got this job I didn't realize I was jumping into such a huge mess, and I've done a lot of good here, but all of that will turn to shit when left up to him. When I leave, this place will fall apart like it has every time his assistants leave. I've only been here almost 4 months and I've lasted longer than anyone who has worked for him in over twenty years.
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1924 on: December 17, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »
Holy shit.

I suggest simply shitting on his desk then, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 17, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »
Holy shit.

I suggest simply shitting on his desk then, lol.

LIKE A BOSS?
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1926 on: December 17, 2009, 04:16:20 PM »
Thing is, he's also my best friend's dad and my landlord so that probably wouldn't be a good idea :/
 - Alexxx

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1927 on: December 17, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »
Somebody swiped my small supply of vicodin.  :/  I had three pills left, which I have been saving for nights when my mouth hurts like hell (such as tonight). 

The only other person in the house that'd even be remotely interested in it is my mom.  And she's got her own supply.  Fortunately, she let me take some of hers since we had the same dosage and whatnot.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1928 on: December 21, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 25, 2009, 12:42:18 AM »
So it snowed here today. In Texas, it snows only once or twice a year. Because of this, the city is rarely prepared for anything. It snowed all day, though we only got about an inch. There was no effort made to clear or salt the roads, so there's ice everywhere. It is impossible to get anywhere. I mean, is it that hard to get salt to the roads? They salt the bridges every time it gets below freezing, so they're obviously capable of salting some places. Except today, the bridges didn't even get salt. Nowhere did. There's no excuse. Sure, it's Christmas Eve, but I was always under the impression that safety outweighed holidays.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 25, 2009, 12:59:12 AM »
See, it's funny for me to see people complain that they don't salt the roads when I've had it so cold that salt no longer does anything.

We've got some 5-6 foot drifts out here now and it's still snowing. And it's going to keep snowing all weekend. But that's actually good because if it's snowing, that means it's still warm enough for it to be snowing in the first place. I'd rather have some sticky snow than -45.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1931 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
See, it's funny for me to see people complain that they don't salt the roads when I've had it so cold that salt no longer does anything.

When it's that cold it's almost worse when they do salt the roads.  At least you can get some traction on snow.  If the snow melts and immediately freezes it's far worse.

So it snowed here today. In Texas, it snows only once or twice a year. Because of this, the city is rarely prepared for anything. It snowed all day, though we only got about an inch. There was no effort made to clear or salt the roads, so there's ice everywhere. It is impossible to get anywhere. I mean, is it that hard to get salt to the roads?

Oh, that's okay.  Here in Ohio it snows every year without fail (though we had a bit of a reprieve this year -- it JUST STARTED SNOWING in late December, which is weird as hell) and the glorious city of Youngstown neglects to ever plow or salt the roads.  There were literally times that I-680 (a stub of I-80 that cuts through Youngstown and eventually connects to the Ohio turnpike -- certainly not a minor road) was so packed with snow and ice that the maximum speed you could go without crashing is 25mph.  On a freeway.

I just love driving through Youngstown...like I love a root canal.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1932 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:35 PM »
Well, the other problem in southern areas that only snow occasionally is that nobody knows fuck all about driving in snow. It's called drive slower, pay more attention, and don't slam on the brakes. Knowing that much can keep you from crashing into shit. Too bad most people seem to neglect to use their brains when confronted by something they rarely see.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1933 on: December 29, 2009, 11:32:15 PM »
You'd be surprised.  In general, southerners tend to drive better in the winter here than Ohioans do.

My theory is that most of them area afraid of the idea of sliding.  Ohioans, on the other hand, appear to consider snow to be "no big deal" and tend to do more reckless things.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1934 on: December 30, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »
Well, here we consider snow to be no big deal, as long as you know how to drive on it, and what to be careful of. If you never learn what to do when you start sliding, and never learn how your car handles, it's very easy to fuck up and hit something. However, considering that we drive on snow a lot, we also like to be a little crazy. My friends occasionally enjoy drifting around corners when it's nice and slippery. Hell, even I drift around some corners. But a couple people I know have ended up in ditches because of drifting, lol.

There's a big difference in driving on snow rather than on dry pavement, and if you don't realize how big a difference it makes, you can easily lose control.

I was driving on highway 400 (the big north-south highway in ontario that goes south to toronto) coming home from college in Barrie, and the roads were kinda weird. There was a lot of slushy sections, and some sections where it was wheel bare. I got up to about 120km/h (somewhat fast, and speeding, since the limit is 100). I was in the fast lane, and I hit a rather large patch of slush.... It's a god thing that I wasn't on a corner, or trying to move into the other lane, because I'd have been fucked. I hit the patch of slush, hydroplaned on it and dropped down to 100km/h because the wheels were no longer touching the road, and sliding in the slush, and the back end of the car drifted a bit to the right. That was scary as hell, and a good example of what happens when you don't pay attention to the conditions. If I had been on a corner or changing lanes, I would have gone off the road easily. I can easily picture someone from the south who doesn't know jack about how snow affects driving trying something like that. Hell, I still see people in the ditches and such when there are conditions like that, and most of those people are likely local drives anyway, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x