Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800517 times)

vladgd

Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1950 on: January 09, 2010, 06:00:36 AM »
fuck steam.

hey, STALKER, i want to play that, i buy it.

DOESNT FUCKING WORK, crashes when i click on the icon, no answer to get the damn thing to work on the forum.

HEY FULL SPECTRUM WARRIOR, sure, it's apart of the thq ultimate no games fucking work pack, lets play that

runs like absolute shit (4-5 fps), solotuion?  literally unplug my internet from my computer, runs fine.

HEY BIOSHOCK I HAVE POSTPONED BUYING IT FOREVER, CERTAINLY $5.00 ISNT MUCH FOR THIS GAME

guess fucking what, CRASHES ON STARTUP

fuck this shit, im not falling for these goddamn steam sales anymore.  i don't like paying money for wasted time in downloading a game, and more wasted time in boring myself into trying to get a game to work that won't work.  it's like paying your employer to go to work, that's not cool.

if anybody has a NON TLDR SOLUTION to getting bioshock to work on a windows vista 64 bit machine, please, let me know.  but if the answer is going to be a tldr like this post, fuck it. i would rather spend $5.00 to several little kids to fight eachother for my own entertainment.  

im literally afraid to install other games i have purchased because i am afraid of wasting time my internet would be better suited elsewhere, like streaming video or playing online vidya.

steam should at least have something to tell you "HEY DONT FUCKING WASTE MONEY ON THIS FUCKING GAME BECAUSE IT WONT FUCKING WORK"

sure it's only $5.00.  then theres $50 for thq nothing works pack, and what do you want to bet jade empire wants to randomly not fucking work?  im starting to side on consoles, not because i prefer them, but when i buy a game, it goddamn works when i put it in. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:03:32 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 09, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
Yeah, that shit is always annoying.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1952 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:47 AM »
i buy it. ... DOESNT FUCKING WORK

HEY FULL SPECTRUM WARRIOR ... runs like absolute shit (4-5 fps)

HEY BIOSHOCK ... CRASHES ON STARTUP

Dontcha just love how developers are treating PC gamers nowadays?  Fucking love it.

It seems to be 50/50 when it comes to success on BioShock.  I haven't seen a single definite solution to the launch problems, just that some people have them and some people can run the game fine.

It's sad that you can run DOS games from 1992 more reliably in 2010 than you can run games that came out in 2007.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1953 on: January 10, 2010, 02:49:38 AM »
pc isn't where the money is at anymore, which is sad.  

still, dragon age ran quite beautifully, one of the least buggiest wrpg's ive ever played.  props to biowares QA department on that one.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1954 on: January 10, 2010, 03:20:03 AM »
I think it's mainly because developers are pissing off and alienating the PC gamers so badly that they're jumping ship.  The only reason I'm thinking of upgrading my system is to get away from the piece of shit mobo chipset that I got stuck with, not to make it run horrible console ports better.

Here's a few examples:

- SecuROM's Internet activation (because activating your operating system apparently isn't enough) and malware-esque behavior.  Fuck that shit.

- HORRENDOUS performance on modern titles.  My system is no slouch, but you wouldn't realize that if you tried to play Modern Warfare 2.  Seriously, your shit is broke -- fix it.

- Developers seem to be trying to piss us off.  Modern Warfare 2's PC multiplayer is a joke.  The last time I used a listen server was when I played fucking Doom over a serial link.  Infinity Ward seems to act like it's no big deal.  Infinity Ward needs to get a goddamn clue.

- HORRENDOUS controls.  Borderlands is the perfect example.  Outside of aiming and shooting, the PC version is complete and utter joke.  The mousewheel works for some screens, but not others?  We need to use the keyboard to scroll through the otherwise mouse-driven interface?  What the hell is your QA team doing, Gearbox?  Assassin's Creed was guilty of this as well.  Rather than trying to adapt the controls logically to the PC port they decided to simply map the control directly to the keyboard.  I don't think I have to explain why you shouldn't do that.  When you have to hold upwards of three and four buttons to move around and attack there is a serious problem with your control setup.  Sure, you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller and play it as intended, but there's no reason one should be forced to buy an overpriced peripheral to fix something that's broken.

-Compatibility issues up the wazoo.  I understand that developers find developing for multiple configurations to be annoying.  As many graphics engine programmers have lamented, there seems to be no way of ensuring that a game will look the same on ATI and nVidia without extensive testing.  That, however, isn't the problem I'm referring to.  I'm referring to games that appear to be future-proof.  Not the good type of future-proof, either, more like the kind where you can rest assured that you'll never be able to get the game to so much as take a breath a few years down the road.  This is especially pathetic, considering that games that were vilified as being bug-fests at the time (hello there, Final Fantasy VII for PC) will happily run on Windows operating systems as new as Windows 7 (albeit, in FF7's case, with a few patches to fix some of the more egregious errors).  I tend to have less issues with DOS and earlier Windows games than titles that came out in the past couple of years.  That...is bullshit.

-Intel keeps releasing their wonderful "Extreme Graphics" IGPs.  Give it up, Intel.  You'll never outperform ATI and nVidia's entry-level chipsets.  License the shit and stop causing people who might not know better to buy PC games and wonder why they can't play them.  I've witnessed laypeople blaming game developers for your hopelessly broken drivers and OpenGL implementation.  When my old-ass Mobility RADEON X300 (which was a low-end GPU when it was released!) both performs better and more reliably than your best modern "solution" on the market there's a serious problem.

Whew, that was cathartic.  I feel much better now.

Edit: Ditched all of the "li" BBCode.  I hate how it shoves everything into one hard-to-read block.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:22:24 AM by Spectere »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 10, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
At least you have chicken though Spectere.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 10, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »
This time I am pissed: I went to go check one of my email accounts and apparently Blizzard decided they were going to gold dig my fucking pay pal for a month subscription of WoW.  I checked further back to see if they did it any other time they did not.  So either someone has hacked my WoW account or blizzard just feels inclined to just take my money with out me knowing it...fucking cunts.

*Edit*
I have been trying to access my account in order to cancel it but I forgot how big of a fucking faggot I mean asshole battlenet can be...so in turn I cannot access my account at all to cancel the $15 a month from coming out of my checking account...looks like I have to call them and if they tell me the same fucking thing I will raise a lot of hell and tell them how they fail compared to Steam and Valve.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:00:00 PM by OmegaOmni »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1957 on: January 11, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
Unless you specifically buy a time card it works on a subscription basis and will charge your account for the specified amount at the end of every pay period.  It says that pretty clearly on the site...

In any case, it's incredibly easy to cancel the subscription.  Log on to Battle.net, click "manage game" under World of Warcraft, and click the "Cancel Subscription" link.  If you don't know your password, use the reset tool.  If that doesn't work, call billing at 1-800-592-5499 between 8 AM and 8 PM PST (5 AM and 5 PM EST).

There are plenty of ways to do it.  Rather than getting upset and acting completely irrationally (Blizzard isn't taking $15 because they "feel like it," you gave them authorization at some point), try taking a quick look around the support site.  None of this info was hard to find at all.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1958 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:10 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty easy to cancel that stuff.  Just calm down a bit, and you'll be able to do it.  It's harder to do stuff when you're all pissed off.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1959 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:07 AM »
It's harder to do stuff when you're all pissed off.

Agreed. You tend to miss things or not think of things when your angry.

I canceled my account with them quite a while ago and never had any trouble with it. It was on my parents credit card, and they decided it was an extra expense they didnt want to waste money on (my brother and I were supposed to owe them for it, but they quickly forgot about it, lol), and we had no trouble canceling it online (of course, that was before the battle.net centralized stuff, but either way).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1960 on: January 17, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 17, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
Ouch.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1962 on: January 17, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »
Well, that blows.

On the bright side, at least they were pretty quick about catching it.  Good luck getting that resolved. :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1963 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
I sent them a message on the support site shortly after that happened to me....

Then I got this:

Hi.
Thank you for contacting EVE-Online customer support.
One of your petitions has recently been closed and we would greatly appreciate your input on how well it was handled so we can continue to improve our services.
To do so, please follow this link, select the closed petition and fill in the survey.

Best regards
The EVE-online Customer Support team

That's it. No response by a person, no response period, actually, barring this email. And The page it links me to about the survey requires me to log in... But since I'm still banned, I can't even tell them they fucking suck in the survey. Seriously, this is getting really annoying.

Step 2: send them a second petition telling them that I payed for the fucking month and activation fee, and want some sort of human response to this issue. It's one thing to have my account banned for being compromised (if it was indeed compromised), but getting essentially no response from them, and no real explanation of what happened, or what I can do to get my account back, that is really beginning to piss me off.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:00:49 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1964 on: January 18, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »
Wow, that's horrific.  For a game with that many subscribers you'd think their support system would be a little better.

I find it kind of sad how I can get more of a human response from a game with 12 million players worldwide.