Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 805495 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1980 on: January 31, 2010, 07:59:35 PM »
That happens to me occasionally.  When that happens, using the card as debit rather than credit (i.e. where you have to punch in your pin) generally works, but banks typically charge a fee for using it like that.  Really annoying.

I think you misread what I said, I said debit card. As in bank card, as in, I still don't have any form of credit whatsoever. I always have to punch in my pin.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1981 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »
I think you misread what I said, I said debit card. As in bank card, as in, I still don't have any form of credit whatsoever. I always have to punch in my pin.

No, I didn't misread it.  Many debit cards allow you to use them as credit (they'll typically have Visa or MasterCard logos on them).  Mine is one of them, and in the rare case that it has trouble when used as credit (preferred, since no additional fee will apply, and it prevents me from having to punch in my pin) it will generally work when used as debit.

If yours isn't one of those cards then...poop.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1982 on: January 31, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
No, it isn't because I have been avoiding getting credit. I'd rather not end up with debut if it's at all avoidable. Unlike most of the people I know, between the help that my parents are giving me to pay for tuition and such, the money I manage to save from work, and the fact that I'm trying to do things as cheaply as possible, I've been avoiding every sort of credit, loans, etc. Practically everyone I know has some sort of debut, whether it's student loans, or credit cards that they maxed (or simply put a bunch of crap on and have to pay off over time). And because of that, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is. My girlfriend will owe the government something like $60,000 by the end of her college/university (since her plan is to take a 3 year college art program and then transfer some of the credits from that to a university art program, and try to become an art teacher), my friend richard dropped out of military funded university because pure engineering is fucking hard, and owes close to $30,000, and my friend mike has credit cards, and owes the government some money for his student loans because his marks dropped far enough that his sponsorship from the native group wouldn't pay his tuition partway through (he also has a shitty jeep that's costing him a lot).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1983 on: January 31, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »
You're either not reading my posts or not understanding what I'm saying.

Some debit cards have the option of using them as credit cards.  This doesn't magically make them into credit cards.  All it does it make it so that they are read as credit cards.  With some debit cards, you can use them wherever Visa (or whatever) is accepted.  Again, this doesn't make them credit cards, it just means that you can use them in more places without incurring withdrawl fees.

Understand now?
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1984 on: February 01, 2010, 12:50:47 AM »
I didn't realize that's how they worked. I've just got the standard issue card, which now happens to have a chip in it along with the regular strip.

Though apparently my banks cards are notorious for being crappy.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:48 AM »
Today I learned what it feels like to have a syringe put into my dick.

And now you're a real man.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 01, 2010, 03:00:34 AM »
....wut

vladgd

« Reply #1987 on: February 01, 2010, 04:25:24 AM »
feels good man

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1988 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:29 AM »
Today I learned what it feels like to have a syringe put into my dick.

The hell for? I think I'd punch the doctor in the face before I let them do that, and I'm not a violent person.

Update on the card thing: Apparently I've got $200 cash back on ATM deposits. But when that $200 gets used up, the rest is on hold for 6 days :/ Talked to them today and managed to get them to release the hold, even though it was gonna be up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:30:24 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
MY NOSE WON'T STOP RUNNING!

God I hate being sick. Doesn't happen often.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 06, 2010, 02:30:42 AM »
Not to sound like a dick, but you're REALLY going to complain about a runny nose after someone had a syringe in their dick?

vladgd

« Reply #1991 on: February 06, 2010, 03:02:14 AM »
Not to sound like a dick, but you're REALLY going to complain about a runny nose after someone had a syringe in their dick?

why not? 

it's annoying when i can say something like "ohh i slipped with the knife and cut my hand real bad" and then a response would be "that's nothing, i broke my arm last summer in a skateboarding accident"

one may be worse than the other, but who the fuck cares?  ill bitch because im fucking tired after work, your job may be harder than mine, but that doesn't make me any less tired. 

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 06, 2010, 04:40:28 AM »
Having to manually remove a virus that AVG missed after 3 hours of scanning in Safe Mode.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 06, 2010, 03:59:05 PM »

I'm not complaining it's just annoying. I know it pales in comparison.

I appreciate the support there vlad. This thread isn't post something worse than the last thing right? Just things that make you angry.

vladgd

« Reply #1994 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:31 AM »
well this is a thread about bitching, and i like bitching :>

topic for today is netflix.  while i am still enjoying the streaming service it's like they continually like not having what few things i want to see.  

i would like to watch mad max and terminator.  they have the sequels, but i want to start with the first, ohh, they don't flemming have the first movies for stream.  

sniper 1, sniper 3, but not sniper 2.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

after im done with farscape, i would like to continue to get my sci fi on with some babylon 5...ohh wait, no stream for you.  that and pretty much ALL star trek isn't on there.  AND AND AND season 4 of farscape isn't on there, so im probably going to amazon that bitch up (60 fucking dollars for all 4 seasons, god damn fuck yes, but that's for the happy thread).  

it's a good service, but i don't want to be fiddling around with dvd's and the mail, i just want my shit ready for stream whenever i want.  problem is they only have pieces of what i want if at all.  i mean come on, i want to watch kids in the hall, right fucking now, not have a dvd sent to me.  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:55:53 AM by vladgd »