Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 800429 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile

vladgd

Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #1996 on: February 10, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
im done with street fighter 2.

remove akuma, and i will GLADLY play again, but until then, im fucking done.

don't ban him in fucking tournaments and let him be allowed in ranked matches at the same time, he's obviously fucking broken.

im fine with admitting somebody is better than me, but when i have to play 9-1 matchups every third game, im not playing anymore.  sure, i hate shotos, ryu/ken/sagat, whatever.  they don't have raging fucking i win demon, or air i win fireball do they?  

i don't even know if i will pick up SSFIV now, the amount of time you have to put into a fighting game to get it down is ludicrous.  it's like you have to play several hours a day or else you can't compete online, and when you can't compete online, you aren't having fun.  

im going to limit myself to playing with people i know irl/internet only.  meaning i basically won't play at all since nobody i knows likes this stuff. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 10, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »
http://kotaku.com/5467320/pirate-ordered-to-pay-nintendo-15-million

This.

It's really sad that everyone's condemning Nintendo over that like they're the only company that would ever sue someone over that. Nevermind what Sony did to Lik-sang or other import sites or all sorts of other legitimate businesses or Microsoft's attempts to stop piracy. They just take shots at Nintendo because it's the "cool" thing to do now.

I've gotten really angry with Modern Warfare 2 lately but I just keep playing. Certain maps are very clearly totally unbalanced in Domination though, which is really annoying because I end up playing Domination a lot since Ground War's one of the few game types that accepts party chat. WHY can't I use party chat everywhere. I can use party chat in free-for-all so they clearly don't care if people cheat like that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 10, 2010, 03:27:20 AM »
Not that I hate Nintendo, but this is hardly fucking justifiable. Plus the whole "making an example of someone" thing disgusts me.

Also a could more things. My internet connection is hardly stable. MOST of the time I can only read webpages of text and pictures, that and I need to download autoCAD and I'm amazingly tight on space right now.

Plus this FUCKING part in STALKER CS is completely impossible. It didn't use to bother me THAT much that enemies had grenades in this game, but the angle you're forced to approach them at (oh boy, let's make a linear stalker game because that's a smart idea) with the fact that there's practically no cover makes this a bitch and a half.

It's set up like this, you're basically forced to to fight through this construction site that's up hill and only has one viable opening. I'm trying to use my sniper to pick a few people at the higher levels off (there's this rather big wall surrounding the site) and advanced but if I don't move grenades will sporadically rain down on me. These grenades are basically not dodge-able and come down in voles of 3 or 4 directly on top of me. So staying back is not an option and rushing forward isn't one either.

and now my SotC soundtrack won't be open able due to a password.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:31:41 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
It's entirely justifiable. Mostly because he won't actually ever pay that. The sentence will commute to a prison sentence for piracy, which will be much shorter than having to pay it off. People need to understand that piracy of anything has consequences. It is a crime and it has a real punishment.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 10, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
So I'm gonna start legitimately acquiring Nintendo games for personal use once I've got my Wii. I'm saying this now so there's evidence that I never intended to buy them, i.e. the "lost sale" argument and "making available" arguments are void, so I can't be sued for damages.

A little more seriously, I'm amazed they would do something that stupid. The best thing they can do is try to change peoples' minds on what constitutes 'stealing'; the worst possible is to make disproportionate examples out of ordinary people. The RIAA decided to start suing people for downloading songs, and the main result of that was ushering in a new age where piracy is more morally justifiable than purchasing items. Who would want to support a company that's focusing on bankrupting and imprisoning people over making data available on the Internet?

Yes, I know companies are facing the threat of people not buying their content if that's the case. Studies have shown that the amount of pirating someone does tends to be proportional to their buying habits (i.e. pirates buy a lot of stuff, usually more than the average). The pirates that don't buy stuff pirate because they're unable to. In neither case does the company really face that much lost money, especially compared to the PR disaster of suing someone when they have to put all that money and effort into court, more people are made aware that they can simply pirate data, and another person immediately pops up to take the place of whoever was put out of commission.

tl;dr pirating is the new age and companies have to adapt

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 11, 2010, 02:14:21 AM »
It's too bad the whole thing is honestly a sham and they settled out of court for a very small amount of money and the guy's basically now a celebrity in Australia.

There is no such thing as morally justifiable theft. Ever.

vladgd

« Reply #2002 on: February 11, 2010, 02:52:22 AM »
<caps>
DON'T GIVE ME A GODDAMN MISSION IN A FUCKING GAME WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO SIT BACK AND TAKE COVER IN A PART WHERE YOU ARE FORCED OUT OF COVER ON A MAP WITH NOWHERE TO RUN AGAINST MULTIPLE HARD HITTING ENEMIES WHICH RANDOMLY FUCKING SPAWN WHICH RUN RIGHT AT YOU AS OTHER HARD HITTING ENEMIES WHO TAKE MINUTES TO KILL ARE IMPRACTICAL TO KILL BECAUSE IN THE FUCKING TIME IT WOULD TAKE TO KILL ONE GODDAMN SCION TO HALF HEALTH YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE GODDAMN GAMEOVER SCREEN FOR THE 50TH FUCKING TIME BECAUSE A HARBINGER SPAMS ROCKETS AT YOU BUT GOD FUCKING FORBID YOU TRY KILLING THE HARBINGERS FIRST BECAUSE THEY WILL SIMPLY GET IN YOUR GRILL WITH NOWHERE TO RUN DUE TO THE SCIONS MAKING ALL OTHER COVER USELESS I FUCKING SWEAR BIOWARE YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THE SENTINAL CLASS BLURRED OUT FOR INSANITY DIFFICULTY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FIREPOWER TO GET PAST THIS JOKE YOU CALL POSSIBLE GAMEPLAY FOR FUCK SAKE EVEN WHEN I AM SOMEHOW DOING GOOD YOU LIKE TO GRAB ME BY THE BALLS AND RIP THEM OFF AND I TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN FAILING WHICH IS VERY FUNNY BECAUSE I WILL NEVER BEAT THIS FUCKING ENCOUNTER GOD DAMN I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY AT A GAME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
</caps>

even looking at youtube, it's not a sentinal doing the fighting, and for some fucking reason their team mates fair better than mine.  

the thing is, there's one place to take cover.  when a harbinger gets in your face, you die.  i do not have the firepower to kill a harbinger before he closes ground when both of my team mates are dead.  i could revive my team mates but that blows a cooldown i need for tech armor which is always down because i am always blasted out of cover and if i don't blow my tech armor cooldown i will simply die.  

i could also place my team mates in a place where they are out of harms way...

HAHAHAHAHA

wait, there is no safe haven, unless i kill the floating scion.  

but what?  to kill the scion, im not killing the grunt collectors.  

when im not killing the grunt collectors, harbinger shows up.  

i believe i have explained what harbinger can do to kill you.

i have tried my collector laser canon, still not enough damage to get the job done.  

did i mention there's a second scion later in the fight?  yeah, two attacks consistantly going at you which drain all of your shields, or if you have no health, all of your health.  THAT'S FUN RIGHT!

the game has been difficult thus far, and yeah, ive bitched, but it was never anything that after going back to the game, playing a try or two, that i couldn't eventually pass.

this part is a fucking joke.

the ONLY possible way i can see to beating this encounter is literally banging my fucking head against it over and over and over until the general AI of the game plays in such a way to where i have the slightest advantage to completing the encounter.

ive gotten near the end of the encounter to have "harbinger right in front of my cover, rocket blast, i am out of cover, SPAM Y SPAM Y (hotkey for tech armor), die while in rocket stun because of scion OR collector fire OR harbinger simply rocketing me again"

im open for advice, this encounter has made me all sorts of angry to inflicting physical harm to myself (fucked up my hand) to being tempted into running my controller over with my van, to wanting to stab myself with the nearest pocket knife to literal tears coming out of my eyes.  

ggsgnfhgnfbefyjdhb

i wish i was one of those people who could play this encounter, understand it's impossibility and look at me not understanding how i could feel the way i do.  but im not, and i rage like a motherfucker, i get violent (though never really breaking anything save for...my hand).  

it's like i could walk away, but the encounter isn't going to beat itself.  if i walk away, it's still on my mind.  im NOT giving up on this insanity playthrough, the more im not playing, the more of this insanity i have to endure.  at the same time, my mental state can't handle playing anymore.  

i need to get laid.

/end rage tldr

now that's what you call bitching volume 10!

*edit*

alright, ive cooled down.  going to chill with mw2 tonight.  try a limited number of times tomorrow, if i fail, take a breather and try again the next day.

thinking maby ill get some attempts on video, should be entertaining. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:53:01 AM by vladgd »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 11, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
Holy shit.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:23 PM »
That was amazing

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 12, 2010, 02:54:33 AM »
I laughed. Also sounds like me and STALKER CS assuming I had the patients to constantly die from grenades. Then again I did play COD4.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2006 on: February 12, 2010, 06:38:21 AM »
i need to get laid.

I agree. That always helps.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
Oh fucking hell, they cancelled the PC port of Dead Space 2. I am going to mail EA like, a thousand bombs or something. :[

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »
Seconding. Shit harsh considering I just bought an EA game not long ago...

vladgd

« Reply #2009 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
this one is less ragey

ohh boy i finished me2 on insanity, time for some good ole mw2.  i read on destruction that there's a patch today fixing the infinite care package glitch.

disconnected from xbla, patching.  ohh boy it's the patch.

groundwar, domination on karachi

enemy care package incoming

enemy apache approaching

harriers

preditors

nonstop crap all the time, leave a building and kiss your ass goodbye

guess ill be playing my mass effect 2 adept now, since the patch didn't do shit.