Author Topic: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.  (Read 814394 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that peels your potatoes with paring knives of ANGER.
« Reply #2130 on: July 17, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »
JESUS.

Safari is sucking up 25% of my Mac's CPU just by downloading a goddamn file.  My Mac is certainly not a new system (hailing from 2002) but fuck that shit.

Incidentally, the file that I'm downloading is Opera 10.60.  Considering how much success I've had with running that on older systems (i.e. Windows 95/98 boxes with Pentium IIs and 64MB of RAM) I think I'll be alright.  I'd much rather use Chrome, but that doesn't run on Tiger, nor would I want to attempt to run Leopard on my G4 again.  Once was enough. :|
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2131 on: July 17, 2010, 04:24:58 AM »
So, it looks like my Creative Zen has died. Not cool man, not cool.

I had it in class, and I was using it as a portable SD card reader, so I could store my school files on it, and use it to transfer from home and shit. I had it in class, working. A little while later, I took it out of my pocket to plug into my mom's car to listen to music, and it refused to turn on. No power at all. No splash screen then off, just nothing. I've plugged it into my computer, I've held down the power button and pressed the reset button, and still nothing.

Sure, it's lasted me a good while, but fuck, I can't afford another.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2132 on: July 17, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
>500kbps downstream. Gee, glad we're paying for 6mbps DSL.

vladgd

« Reply #2133 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »
funny, my zen died months ago.  something tells me that those things aren't made to last. 

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #2134 on: July 17, 2010, 11:59:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure most things aren't made to last. In fact, it makes more business sense for them not to. A product is created that the companies know people "can't live without" with some kind of known inherent flaw(s) so that it has a shortened lifespan. That not only saves them money on materials and/or development, but makes them more money because they're playing on the fact that they know people need (or think they need) their product, and they will more than likely get another rather than go through the trouble and expense of getting it fixed, or get the newer version of whatever it is. This is definitely something that peels my potatoes.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
Basically forced to delete and re-download mass effect now. I was messing with the audio stuff, and somehow several unrelated command lines/whatever got deleted.

also opposing force on hard is probably one of the hardest shooters I've played. I'm now stuck on this part were black ops can kill me within seconds if I'm out of cover and they spam grenades when I'm behind cover. Not to mention the spies that run around.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:18:22 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 23, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »
>500kbps downstream. Gee, glad we're paying for 6mbps DSL.

How about 1mbps when I can't break 600kbps

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2137 on: July 23, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
I'm on 3mbit down... Which actually looks like 2 mbits to most speed tests, and nets me about 300 kb/s when I'm REALLY lucky.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #2139 on: August 04, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »
so like i had a bad hangnail on my big toe.  ripped that sucker out, blood, skin, not pretty.  but whatever. 

now it's infected. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

can't recall the last time i had something infected, it's like a bad blister you can't knife without an amount of pain i am too wimpy to tolerate. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 05, 2010, 01:03:43 AM »
My slow ass internet, the fact that I cannot sleep, and the Reddit community as a whole.

vladgd

« Reply #2141 on: August 13, 2010, 06:22:50 AM »
maby it's possible i could tolerate arizona heat, as much as i hate heat.

i say that because fuck humidity, it's not super hot, but it's hot enough, and it's stupidly humid.

that means misery, SUCKSSKSKSKSKSKSsssssssss

WINTER PLEASE GRACE ME WITH YOUR COLD TOUCH I REALLY COULD USE SOME SNOW RIGHT NOW

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #2142 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »
i say that because fuck humidity, it's not super hot, but it's hot enough, and it's stupidly humid.

that means misery, SUCKSSKSKSKSKSKSsssssssss

Yeah, we've been having a REALLY humid summer here too. Shit's been terrible. I love summer compared to winter, but fuck, this is enough to make me miserable. It doesn't help that my room's the hottest one in the house, either.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #2143 on: August 13, 2010, 02:48:09 PM »
People who think they are exceptions to the rules piss me off. This applies to any aspect of life in which sensible rules have been enacted by some form of authority.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2144 on: August 13, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
PHP is the worst fucking language ever invented.

Seriously.  My god, is it awful.  Even as late as 5.2 it is obvious that the language wasn't designed, it was merely spawned from the depths of Hell itself.  Sure, you could throw a project together in it pretty easily, but if want to hope to have a large project with any semblance of structure and rationality you pretty much have to completely reinvent the wheel with every goddamn thing you do if you want it to actually work.  The best analogue I can think of is comparing it to an unstable Jenga tower.  Push it the wrong way and the whole thing collapses.  The only difference between the two is that with PHP you find yourself scratching your head and wondering what went wrong because the language is so damn abstract.

I just love how it handles scope.  Every serious language I've used maintains scope as you move deeper into blocks.  Not PHP, oh no.  If you make the mistake of using functions, the function has its own scope.  You need to specifically specify if you want to use a global inside of a function.  That's just bloody stupid.

Oh, let's not forget how you have to cross your fingers every time you do a variable comparison.  Even though it's supposed to do everything for the developer, I still can't help but worry that during one of my excursions 0 is going to be greater than 9 because it does something royally stupid like attempt to compare a character to an integer.  Or, hell, a character with another character rather than an integer with an integer.  I love languages that force you to cast a variable so that it works in a predictable fashion.

And I'd be remiss in my duties if I didn't bring up the aft-complained-about "feature" of PHP: the fact that it uses every form of function naming in existence.  I suppose that in the effort to not offend developers they figured that combining the camelCase, words_seperated_by_underscores, and clusterfuckfunctionnames into one humongous function list would be the best solution.  I'm surprised they don't throw in some good ol' Hungarian notation for shits and giggles.  Consistency and sanity are for pussies!  Viva PHP!

If I had the choice to use just about anything else I'd do it in a heartbeat.  God.

Edit: ACTUAL ERROR OUTPUT FROM PHP:

Code: [Select]
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /var/www/redacted/i_hate.php on line 60
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?  JESUS.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:58:24 PM by Spectere »