Author Topic: GGPO  (Read 8598 times)

vladgd

GGPO
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:05:15 AM »
http://ggpo.net/

get that, get it running, let's get some games going.  ill play whatever, but at the moment i type this, i would prefer to play vampire savior. 

i expect this thread to get no replies, but it's worth a go. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: GGPO
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:58:43 AM »
I'll look into it when I'm not half asleep. It'd be cool to get some shit going.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »
I'll work more into getting mine working if we got a few s.netters to fight with. plus I'm always willing to give some advice if people need it.

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:22 AM »
well after a few days of attempting to get people to play some ggpo, i had some luck on /v/.  sunk in about 40 or so minutes into vampire savior, using felicia against a bro using jedah.  

motherfucker this game is fun.  weird going from street fighter, a game where you have to practice the fuck out of combos to get the timing down, to vampire savior which is almost marvel like in it's combos.  fucking jab, short, forward, sweep every single time.  it's nice having to spend less time in training mode, and more time playing against other people.  i mean im sure there is stuff you need a bit of training mode to get down, but for just picking up the game and being able to do shit, it's nice.  

i think calling vampire savior a mix of street fighter 2, and marvel, minus the team aspect to that game would be somewhat accurate.  

that said, the more people i can get to play with, the better.  BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I WANT TO PLAY FIGHTANS WITH ALL YALL!

*edit*

i got ST to work, jesus it feels really fucking different for being the same damn game as hdr.  the timing and shit, it's almost like i am playing a different game.  

*edit*

the "easiest" and i do use that quote with much sarcasm even though i have the difficulty on the "easiest" setting, in ST, is just bullshit.  easiest difficulty on ST is harder than the hardest difficulty on HDR.  don't even try ticking into command throws, they will reversal throw EVERY SINGLE TIME, on the "easiest" difficulty.  ive fought legitimately good players (ranked 300ish hdr overall leaderbords, to even top 50) that give me less a run for my money. 

tldr- ST cpu is obscene
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:00:04 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm a huge fan of VS and VS2 (Capcom really needs to make a new one, no one knews what Morrigan is from anymore).

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:40:44 AM »
well i found someone outside the forum to occasionally GGPO with.  

3s- not too fond of it.  i can't really talk since im not used to it, but so far i don't like it too much.  
character- urien, hugo
vs- not as godlike as the last time i played, but it's still a good game i would like to play more of.  
character- felicia, victor
st- gief isn't as good as in HDR, but otherwise pretty similar.  my favorite fightan, i will never not be down to play ST/HDR.
character- gief, hawk, honda, dee jay

should we pm messenger addresses for whenever anybody is up for playing?  easier communication that way.  

*edit*

starting to like 3s more.  knowing my normals, the situations to use them in, the specials, ect, that's when you can start enjoying a fightan.  urien is my bro in that game.  i don't mind playing low tiers, but the low tier in ST seems a lot higher than the low tier in 3s.  unless i become a parry machine, i won't go back to Q or hugo.  plus, urien is cool, and i really only play characters i think are cool.    so we got, high-mid tier, charge character, cool, works for me.  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:00:33 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 03:23:14 AM »
double post because i can, and i will tripple post if circumstances end up that way. 

playing 3s because i know ST for the most part, and there's basically no randoms for vs. 

pretty much fighting some guy, getting destroyed, but holding my own with hugo/urien.  then he picks elena.  to most people this sounds like whatever, and the guy stated he mained makoto/urien, both of those i could hold my own against.  maby it's me not used to the character, but jesus, out of 6 matches i probably got him below 50% one time, i pretty much do not know why elena is not in the top 5 after fighting that man. 

take in consideration im utterly bad, and can barely parry if my life depended on it, let alone doing a qcfx2 super on the 2p side, shit would literally be easier if it was hcfx2, or 720.  still, that play session got my 2p super execution from 5% to around 20%.  can't do a urien tackle tackle headbutt, or find situations to throw out his incredibly slow cfp to do so, but i can play more or less not confused now.   

vladgd

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 04:46:17 AM »
things have changed a bit.  games not on there i don't intend on playing at the moment.  games with ??? are games i do intend on playing, i just haven't played enough to declare a main. 

alts for those, pretty much what i listed in the posts above.  but ill add some for the games with nothing of potentials. 

jojo's- avdol, d'bo, joseph
blazblue- litchi, tager, hakumen
guilty gear- potemkin, i-no, faust, may

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »

guilty gear- faust, may

My nigga

Also I really need to get more into Jojo's. It's a damn fun game.

vladgd

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
threads been up for a month, still no takers. 

requesting lock. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 01:31:17 AM »
requesting lock. 

Okaaaaaay. :(

Edit: Unlocked for MortyOccy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:02:34 PM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
Thanks, but I finally got this working.

Still having trouble connecting, but at least it's launching.

vladgd

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 01:37:06 AM »
sometimes the fucker just doesn't want to connect people, it's like it's in a bad mood or something. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
Alright then, hopefully it will unfuck itself sometime.

vladgd

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 05:33:31 AM »

updated

also name a time and we can get some shit going, i wanna play some ST. 

im generally available from 10pm est - 7ish am est

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:52:38 AM by vladgd »