Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 257409 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2011, 12:31:59 AM »
I didn't mention it because I didn't experience it first-hand.  It does amuse me that people have actually ripped the master tracks from GH3 and remastered them just so that they could listen to it without vomiting, though.

The part that I think is sad when it comes to Slipknot is that so many other metal groups sound better simply because they weren't produced by a 10-year-old ("LAUWDER IS BETTAR! I WANT MOAR SUGAR MUMMY!").  I find that Fear Factory is generally very well-mastered, for one.  Some of their songs thrive on having some decent dynamic range.  I recall several of the tracks on Obsolete having a fairly subdued synth section lead into a loud harmony.  It makes their individual songs stand out a bit more, at any rate.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
(╯

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2011, 12:13:17 AM »
(ノ・∀・)ノ =====┻━┻))゚Д゚)・∵.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2011, 12:56:35 AM »
Opeth is another band with excellent mastering. Of course, some of their songs ARE all loud, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2011, 05:02:18 AM »
Speaking of Opeth, my sister is going to take me to see them live for my birthday. I'm SO STOKED.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:47 AM »
Opeth is another band with excellent mastering. Of course, some of their songs ARE all loud, lol.

It's okay for the songs to be loud if they legitimately are loud.  I just have a problem with a single guitar being as loud as the harmony. :)

Speaking of Opeth, my sister is going to take me to see them live for my birthday. I'm SO STOKED.

Sweet.  Hope you enjoy it. ;D

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2011, 06:54:08 AM »

Awesome, I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, but I'd bet they put on a wicked show.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »
Yeah, it's my first time being able to myself, I hear they're pretty awesome.

Also how do I uninstall firefox addons? Firefox acts goofy constantly and I want to cut back on some things.

Never mind, figured it out within a second of looking. Still, I'd really like to know why it randomly freezes up and why some programs take a fucking lifetime to launch.

Also, what program should I use for making a CD from a folder? That would be useful.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:03:24 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2011, 11:30:07 PM »
You can always try zapping your Firefox profile and starting from scratch.  Go into My Computer, your hard drive, then jump into "Documents and Settings" > profile name > "Application Data" > "Mozilla" > "Firefox" > "Profiles", then rename the crazily named directory in there.  Just toss a ".old" in there.  Now, go to "Documents and Settings" > profile name > "Local Settings" > "Application Data" > "Mozilla" > "Firefox" > "Profiles" and do the same thing.

Now, take a deep breath and relax.  You've earned it.

Start up Firefox.  It should work quite a bit better now.  If you want to get your bookmarks back, grab the "places.sqlite" file from the first directory that I gave you (it's inside of the crazily named directory) and put it in the new one that Firefox created.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2011, 04:30:00 AM »
uh, you know I'm still on XP right? I don't see an applications folder within my named folder, I'll just search for the Mozilla folder.

Did I forget to mention that I helped a guy get away with stealing a 50+ dollar lobster? Shit was funny.

All I see is a Mozilla Firefox folder with no profiles in it.

Probably going to order more ram since it's so goddamn cheap and I could use it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

I think this is the same ram I have currently in there, and I hear fucking around with ram can kill a mobo. Seems like everything is up to par, but I just need to triple check this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:20:50 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Did I forget to mention that I helped a guy get away with stealing a 50+ dollar lobster? Shit was funny.

Did he keep it as a pet or eat it?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »
uh, you know I'm still on XP right? I don't see an applications folder within my named folder, I'll just search for the Mozilla folder.

Yeah, that's the tree that you'd follow as it would be on XP.  Vista/7 use AppData\Roaming and AppData\Local.

Make sure that you have Explorer set to show hidden files and folders, as both Application Data and Local Settings are hidden by default.

O.o

What's the story behind that?

I think this is the same ram I have currently in there, and I hear fucking around with ram can kill a mobo. Seems like everything is up to par, but I just need to triple check this.

Fucking around with RAM won't kill a mobo unless you...I dunno, take the mobo out, install the RAM, and apply power while the thing is sitting bare on your carpet.

If you have an AMD CPU or a Core i-something, you could damage your CPU by overvolting the RAM, and possibly do some damage on older models by doing the same thing, but you'd have to really try to do permanent damage to it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2011, 04:41:58 AM »
Yeah, that's the tree that you'd follow as it would be on XP.  Vista/7 use AppData\Roaming and AppData\Local.

Make sure that you have Explorer set to show hidden files and folders, as both Application Data and Local Settings are hidden by default.

Oh, completely forgot about that. Yeah, I'll look again when I'm way less tired. Also it seems the longer my PC is on, the worse programs tend to run. Was forced to restart for a microsoft update and everything started up fine (outside of xfire).

O.o

What's the story behind that?

There was a claw machine full of lobsters at this bar me and a couple of friends go to. We see one of the lobsters is at least twice the size of the other ones, and there's got to be no way to get a claw around him without him freaking out and breaking free. So, one of my friends develops a plan to pop the top of the machine open and use a pool cue to press him against the side of said claw machine and drag him onto the top. The machine is positioned on a wall just across from the bar, so it's not exactly hidden, and I was standing in front of the bar and could clearly hear to pool stick hitting the side of the tank the lobsters were in. So after a short while he tosses it in the bucket that the machine has and jumps around pretending to be excited that he got a lobster.

The next day they call him and ask him to come in to the bar, he thinks he's fucked. What really happened is the machine owner wanted to congratulate him and give him a shirt. Also he accidentally left a towel in the bottom of the machine and the guy asked him about it, and he somehow got away with it.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2011, 02:02:04 AM »
I officially love bingo. Walked in with $18, left with $200. Good times! :)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2011, 04:16:04 AM »
Fucking awesome. Roll those old folks.

http://laughingsquid.com/bobcat-sitting-on-top-of-40-foot-tall-cactus/

Oh fuck I want a bobcat. I mean, how hard could they be to fight off, they're adorable?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:41:40 AM by MortifiedocAlot »