Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 655741 times)

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #375 on: March 30, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »
We got OpenITG running on an upgraded arcade cabinet (specifically, the Beaver Valley Mall's) :V

I've been up for over 24 hours and I don't care because I'm still psyched.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #376 on: March 30, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »
Whoa, cool. You haxorz you >_>

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #377 on: March 30, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
Nice one. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #378 on: March 30, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »
OpenITG?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 30, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »
Quote from: infamouspat
For the past month or so, Vyhd, Matt1360, and I have been making breakthroughs implementing full ITG functionality into regular StepMania 3.95. Through collaboration, we have managed to take StepMania 3.95 and mimic ITG behavior on the known cabinet types for the game by trying to retrace the steps of the ITG dev team. It started off as a fun project, then sort of boomed into a possible replacement for official ITG and then some.

What has been implemented so far in terms of ITG Functionality:
- ScreenArcadePatch: ability to update the game through machine revisions (.itg or .bxr files)
- ScreenArcadeDiagnostics: hardware, network, and I/O diagnostics screen. For this to work on windows, the LibUSB filter driver must be installed (http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net).
- PIUIO: though full functionality is still not implemented, will still work on a dedicab
- RageFileDriverCrypt: reading of proprietary file system used for ITG2 arcade systems.
- Custom song support: songs loaded from file in an r21/r23-like fashion

Basically, we're rewriting ITG2 AC to be open-source, higher quality, and have more features. :) There are also PC builds available for Windows and Linux. All the stuff listed above is implemented and confirmed working. If you wanna give it a go, head over to http://openitg.gr-p.com/

</plug>
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:23:56 PM by Vyhd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »
Very interesting. Can you point me to some info on the proprietary file system used for ITG2 arcade systems? That sounds like an interesting read by itself.

Nice to see a project like this going though. I've never played ITG, but I've always supported it. the way I see it, that lawsuit that took out ITG was pretty much just a legally supported move to keep control on a monopoly. People can argue this stuff back and forth, but that's what I believe anyway.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2008, 03:46:11 AM »
Woo!  Got my federal tax refund. :3

Edit: SWEET.  I got my relocation package with my paycheck today, meaning I'm going to have enough money to finish building my computer, buy Vista Ultimate, throw in two more gigabytes, and have some money to spare. :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:30:44 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
Vista Ultimate

You have joined the dark side!

Well, I've got my personal gripes, but after all the stuff I've seen and hear about vista, it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. I won't be upgrading any time soon, but that's partly because I don't have the money, or the need to.

Until they can promise me more than what they've got right now, I don't see the point in upgrading to vista.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:55 PM »
No, it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.  A lot of people bitch about it being a resource hog, but the only reason it takes as much memory as it does is because of how aggressively it caches everything.  It does start up and shut down slower than XP does, but when it's running it runs great, even better than XP in some cases (and, for the record, it runs fine with only 512MB of RAM).

Until they can promise me more than what they've got right now, I don't see the point in upgrading to vista.

Heavily updated kernel, symbolic link support in NTFS, DirectX 10, new audio architecture, etc etc etc etc etc.

I'll take it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2008, 12:13:29 AM »
Thing is, I don't need any of that. The updated kernel architecture might be nice, but I'll wait a bit. There are still some compatibility issues with stuff not running on Vista (not much any more, but still). I'll either update in a while, after there's more reason (such as games I might actually want to play requiring DX10 and such), but I may just wait till the next OS comes out.

XP still runs quite nicely, despite all it's shortcomings.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2008, 09:41:40 AM »
There are a lot more changes going from XP to Vista than there are going from 2000 to XP.  And the stuff I listed was just skimming the surface -- Vista is a fairly dramatic upgrade.

Also, the rest of my computer should be arriving on Monday and/or Tuesday!!!!!!!1 :D

vladgd

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »
my personal experience with vista has been terrible.  friends get new pc's, loaded up with vista...trying to lan/do other stuff...can't quite figure out what to do because everything is different. 

i have one friend who upgraded back to xp, and another who will do the same thing as soon as he can afford to buy a new os. 

im sure there are good things, but the thing is just way too differant, 512 memory to run an os is retarded, and really xp works just fine.

its sort of like typing on a qwerty keyboard, then you buy a new pc, and the keyboard is dvorak.  dvorak may be tested to have faster typing speeds, but you aren't used to dvorak, and would rather just keep using qwerty.

retarded analogy but it gets my point across.   

AAAAANNNNNYYYYWAAAYYYY for my potato frying olive oil happy thing, friends are done with college this year on the 18th, which means more time with them, yyyaaayyyy.  uhh and star wars 4 and 5 are on spike today, since i have never seen them (stfu) i am rather excited to see them.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »
retarded analogy but it gets my point across.   

Quite nicely too. I'm staying with XP until there is a reason for me to deal with all the changes and crap. I'm too used to XP, and there are still some things that are difficult to switch over.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »
I really like vista. The only thing that bothered me was the "Aero" pointer, but that was easily fixable.

Although I do agree that it's a resource hog:

I only had IE open.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
I have 457 MB in use, and that's with all the background apps open and a firefox window eating up 88,560k. :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x