Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 667909 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #600 on: June 30, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
No, it's not a decent amount of people.  Most furries actively shun furries that are like that.

Decent doesn't mean majority, I'm just saying they exist and they are what furries are usually known for (at least so on the internet, because most people don't know what furry even means unless they have internet). 

vladgd

« Reply #601 on: June 30, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
All it is is a genre of media, with a following of people who are known as furries.  The fandom is comparable to a sci-fi or anime fandom; people go to conventions, dress like their favorite characters (though in a furry's case it is a personal character), ect.

makes sense, its just the furries catch more flak than say cosplayers or trekkies.

now that i think of it, i think im nerd enough to go to a star trek convention.  not nerd enough to dress up as a star trek character, but going to the convention.

now that i rethink that, maby not.  but seeing some of the actors would be pretty cool.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:57:04 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #602 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
All it is is a genre of media, with a following of people who are known as furries.  The fandom is comparable to a sci-fi or anime fandom; people go to conventions, dress like their favorite characters (though in a furry's case it is a personal character), ect.

Shh, you're making way too much sense and not using enough stereotypes!

Also, very thanks.

Decent doesn't mean majority, I'm just saying they exist and they are what furries are usually known for (at least so on the internet, because most people don't know what furry even means unless they have internet). 

Well...yeah, they exist.  Just like there are people who have fetishes related to Star Trek races.  That does not make it a sexual fetish or anything of the like.

What's been really pissing me off about this argument is that I get this feeling like I have to justify having a good time at a furry convention.  It's like "hey guys, I had fun, here's what I did" and having everyone scream "EWWW FURFAG" in response.  Seriously, take it somewhere else.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
What's been really pissing me off about this argument is that I get this feeling like I have to justify having a good time at a furry convention.

you don't.  you went to a place, had a good time with friends, and thats that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
I was merely commenting saying that I doubt I would be able to enjoy it, because of the surroundings. I have nothing against furries personally, but I don't want to have to see/hear it.

I'm glad you had a good time, because I know I likely wouldn't be able to in the same circumstances.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2008, 05:04:28 PM »
Then do me a favor and refrain from throwing around unsubstantiated stereotypes next time.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
Dander can sometimes make me sneeze.

Screw the convention. (lol joke)

Also wtf @ furries. I can see dressing up as a trekkie, or even as Naruto characters, but pretending to be an animal, imagining your identity as an animal, or having sexual fantasies with them is out of the question. We're all freaks in our own way, but I guess some just more than others. I'm sure hella people would enjoy a furcon-- but for me, I'd prolly be there thinking, "These guys are way too fucked up for me." Which is also kind of ironic seeing as how I visit ___ chan on occasion.

If you like animals, cool. If you like people, roger that. But anthropomorphism...... what the eff, yo.

I liked pancake's post, but the problem is that star trek, anime, or gaming conventions bring fans, people that like something. Furries aren't so much "fans", being a furry is part of your lifestyle in many regards, and for me to go to a place with a high concentration of people who like that sort of thing isn't at all my cup of tea. I like people a lot, but not crazy shit involving animals. (by the way, what the hell did animals ever do to anyone? Fuck, leave em alone.) And yes, I would consider buying and wearing an expensive fur suit (for free, and for the lulz) to be "fucking crazy." Like I said, perhaps they'll have a fun time, but I'm not interested. They can go do that without me. (works out better that way)

I don't care about being politically correct. It's still my opinion, regardless of how skewed it may seem to someone else. I'm not going to reply to subsequent replies to this post, the subject is stupid, and has gone on long enough. Also, wrong thread.

Edit: I'm not saying I dislike furries, which isn't true... I'm simply not interested in anthropomorphism. (Which is similar to bobbias' opinion, if I understand him correctly)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:14:02 PM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
related to this here topic of happy

http://www.battle.net/window.shtml

I COULD LISTEN TOO IT ALL DAY

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
Watching all the AVGN videos and then playing the games he reviewed makes me giggle.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »
Actually, by far and large, the convention was just a furry-themed gathering of geeks. I talked far more about video games (DDR, IIDX, Brawl, and other fighting games) than I did about anything involving furry stuff at the con. And if nothing else, it was kind of adorable (if, occasionally, a little creepy) on how cuddly and affectionate everyone was.

...not to say that I still am recovering from walking in on my roommate doing...okay, yeah, let's not talk about that.

Other than that, the con was excellent and I look forward to next year's. And I need to stalk you at least one more time before I leave for Philadelphia, Ian. :3

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
I have my courses lined up for next year, and I'm not in any language-relates courses. :D

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #611 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »
I have my courses lined up for next year, and I'm not in any language-relates courses. :D

Why is that so great? I'm honestly thinking that I might take the time to actually get some language courses when I get into college. I'm sad that we didn't have anything other than french and native (which you had to be native to get into) at school.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
We had spanish, native spanish [from spain lol], and french. I took french.

D:
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
French sucks. Period.

I don't know if there is any person more qualified than I am (due to being canadian, and having taken french for most of my life) on this site (aside from maybe xxxxx) to be able to say that.

My biggest issue with the language: Who the fuck decided things like "eaux" and all the other fucked up letter combinations should be allowed?

My second biggest issue: Quebec/canada french is a pig language compared to France french.

My last issue: Teach us Latin and we'd be able to read most things in French. And Italian, and all the other romance languages. We'd miss the odd word here and there that came from somewhere else, but the romance languages have MANY common roots in Latin. Part of the reason I can read as much French/Spanish/Italian etc. is became of my knowledge of english words and their Latin roots.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »
I don't like studying languages outside of the countries where they're spoken. Besides that, I'm not in any English writing/literature courses, either. I have some philosophy course, a political science course, physics II, calc III, and marching band. This semester is going to be awesome.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}