Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 648837 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #1140 on: December 08, 2008, 12:20:23 AM »
Last time I updated my Gentoo system it pulled down a release of VLC that actually properly supports Xinerama.  YES.  Now I don't have to disable my second monitor when I want to play a video in fullscreen. ;D
"This is a machine for making cows."

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 08, 2008, 01:27:06 AM »
I may own an MK5 soon. There's one going on eBay for $40, and I've been meaning to write a driver for that I/O device (some guy was helping me with it, but had to back out). Granted, it's old hardware, but whatever. Still fun to mess with. :)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 08, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »
I was able to take a test for my online class a day later than it should have been allowed because I'm sexy like that    persuasive like that honest about how much time I actually have to be able to take something like that.  So, I'm happy about that...also, I'm baking cookies for the last week in school this semester
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1143 on: December 08, 2008, 11:49:20 PM »
So I definitely managed to spend the night at my girlfriend's house, and on a school night no less. Her parents were out of town, her brother and his girlfriend didn't spend the night there cause he had class in the morning, and I told my parents I was going over to my friend's house to work on a project and I don't think they noticed me not coming home until the next afternoon after school.

We slept in, I ran and got us some McDonald's breakfast goodness while she showered, and we feasted and watched TV, then I moseyed on to school when I felt compelled to. What a wonderful morning. All is well with the world.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1144 on: December 09, 2008, 12:00:52 AM »
So I definitely managed to spend the night at my girlfriend's house, and on a school night no less. Her parents were out of town, her brother and his girlfriend didn't spend the night there cause he had class in the morning, and I told my parents I was going over to my friend's house to work on a project and I don't think they noticed me not coming home until the next afternoon after school.

We slept in, I ran and got us some McDonald's breakfast goodness while she showered, and we feasted and watched TV, then I moseyed on to school when I felt compelled to. What a wonderful morning. All is well with the world.

Nice work. I recently managed to steal my girlfriend a while ago as well. My mom was in a conference in toronto, my dad went to spend the night with her there and drive back in the morning. So, I had from 4:30 that night till about noon before anyone would be here.

I've also managed to stay the night at my GF's place (she's living with some friends in her friend's grandmother's basement) twice over the semester, though her landlady changed the rules a couple weeks back so that I wouldn't be allowed anymore :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1145 on: December 09, 2008, 01:40:32 AM »
My Optiplex GX150 is even more awesome now.

Just slapped a SATA card in it (which also provided me with two eSATA ports -- one on the card and the other with a header that I had lying around) and a 500GB hard drive.  Not bad for an old desktop system that doesn't natively support ATA drives larger than 137GB. :3
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 09, 2008, 02:02:36 AM »
Oh my god.

Guys.

I installed a BSOD screensaver via remote desktop on Evan's computer (guy who's earned a very bad reputation around the hall for a variety of reasons).

He took it into the IT department at this school when he noticed the persistent BSOD, but he didn't notice the error message was random.

Apparently the IT department didn't either because they backed up his music and stuff and COMPLETELY WIPED HIS HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PROVIDING HIM A BOOT DISK.

AND THEN THEY CHARGED HIM FOR IT.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:57 AM »
Oh my god.

Guys.

I installed a BSOD screensaver via remote desktop on Evan's computer (guy who's earned a very bad reputation around the hall for a variety of reasons).

He took it into the IT department at this school when he noticed the persistent BSOD, but he didn't notice the error message was random.

Apparently the IT department didn't either because they backed up his music and stuff and COMPLETELY WIPED HIS HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PROVIDING HIM A BOOT DISK.

win.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1148 on: December 09, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
Oh my god.

Guys.

I do believe that that is the best computer prank I have ever heard of. You just made my day!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 09, 2008, 04:28:36 PM »
Final Fantasy IX
        and
Final Fantasy Tactics

In perfect condition baby!!!!

Now to figure out how to get to the special dragon den area in the first disc where you can pretty much get killed in one hit.
        and
get Cloud and master everyone's abilities

New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1150 on: December 09, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »
Oh my god.

Guys.

Give this motherfucker a gold medal. :o

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1151 on: December 09, 2008, 06:14:42 PM »
Yeah, annon, you definitely win. Hands-down.

My copy of "Men Are Better Than Women" came in the mail today :D fantastic book so far.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1152 on: December 09, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »
I just had one of the best turkey sandwiches evar.  <3

And it wasn't even real turkey.  *nomnom*
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 09, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
I have 3rd row AC/DC tickets.
Also, my PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE IIDX happy sky is "here" and I'm going to play it directly.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:38 AM »
That's so impressive it's scary annon. Also This comic is delightful : http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/21892.html

It's about Metal Gear Solid 1/2 and after that there's one about Mother 3, fun stuff.

Link fixd
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:26:32 AM by MortifiedocAlot »