Author Topic: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.  (Read 655908 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Stuff that fries your potatoes with olive oil of HAPPY.
« Reply #1815 on: May 09, 2011, 07:59:03 PM »
I've been thinking of hitting the track in Struthers (can the general public still do that?) after work.  WTB weight loss this summer.

I'm still pleased with my stamina, but I really, really want to shed some poundage.
"This is a machine for making cows."

K-Mann

« Reply #1816 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
Yo Spec, I picked up a pedometer for the iPod Touch. Seeing as you want to hit the track, I would suggest picking it up. Its free, it records time, speed, calories, distance and # of steps (obviously). I just hit Play on my Playlist of Running/Awesome, then turn the pedometer on overtop. Works great, looks great, and like I said, free.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pedometer-for-free/id397936651?mt=8

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 09, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
I've been thinking of hitting the track in Struthers (can the general public still do that?) after work.  WTB weight loss this summer.

I'm still pleased with my stamina, but I really, really want to shed some poundage.

I don't even hit up the track Spec...the hills of Struthers give you one hell of a work out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1818 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:06 AM »
Haha, this is true.  It must be really nice living right off of Center St.  Not only do you have that nice hill, but you also have Wetmore, the field where the elementary school used to be, and the trails (aka scenic route).

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:22 AM »
Yep

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 05, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
Went to Kennywood yesterday with my family and Jupi, Keys, and Vyhd.  Lots of fun.  Great day over all.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1821 on: June 23, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »
http://www.techspot.com/news/44319-chevronwp7-labs-a-microsoft-approved-windows-phone-7-unlocking-service.html

Microsoft-approved third-party homebrew, coming soon to Windows Phone.  Wow.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #1822 on: June 23, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
daaaaaayyymn

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 23, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
Had a really fun time yesterday. Went to the beach for a few drinks and swimming, then went to a rather nice bar (stone paths and trees everywhere, all outdoors and right on the water) for dollar drinks and a pretty awesome band. When leaving we got to talk with the band and when we went to the next bar we saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1824 on: June 30, 2011, 03:01:21 AM »
I'm happy about something, but I can't say what I'm happy about.

Stupid NDAs!

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1825 on: June 30, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
You've become the new spokespuppy for Cottonelle toilet paper?!
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1827 on: July 01, 2011, 12:33:25 AM »
You've become the new spokespuppy for Cottonelle toilet paper?!

Nah, that was last week.

?????

You know exactly what happened, bub. D:<

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1828 on: July 03, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
Picked up a 23" monitor for $102.47 at Best Buy yesterday.  On clearance (it's an LG Flatron W2340VG -- a discontinued model), last one in the store, and I had a $100 gift card.  To make a short story long, I paid $2.47 for a 23" monitor.  I then went to McDonald's and bought a caramel Frapp
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:18:13 AM by Spectere »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1829 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »
Just bought a Logitech wireless trackball.  It's going to take some time to get used to, but I like it so far.  I have a feeling I'm going to like it a lot more on my laptop and in instances where I have to jump between monitors a lot.  I love my Cataclysm mouse, but it is kind of on the huge side.

Edit: I've been using it extensively for the last couple of days (not for games, obviously; I use my million button mouse for that) and it's been working out great.  I think I would have preferred one with a finger-controlled ball, but those tended to be more expensive and didn't fit the shape of a hand particularly well, appearing to be designed more for mobility than comfort.  The one that was a reasonable price -- another Logitech one, in this case -- had an odd button layout.  However, the thing that killed the deal was the size of the wireless receiver.  It was one of the large ones with a cord.  The one that I wound up buying (the M570) has one of those nubby-looking receivers that Logitech has been using lately.  The nice part about that is that I can stow it away in the battery compartment if I should want to bring it with my laptop.  There's even a little slot for it there.

It's funny, but I think that this is the first trackball I've used on a home system in around twenty years.  I used to have an AT keyboard with a 3 button serial trackball built-in many years ago.  I doubt I still have that.

Edit 2: The weirdest part, so far, has been trying to train myself not to move my thumb when I left-click (or to take my thumb off the ball before I click).  Thankfully, that's proven easier to do than expected.

And finally, unlike the last two Logitech pointing devices I've used (a G5 mouse and an MX518 -- the former having been shitcanned because it's a cheap, horribly designed piece of shit and the latter being used on my Mac), this one has a scroll wheel that doesn't suck.  Seriously, this is the first Logitech mouse that I've had that has had a clicky, responsive wheel since my MX510.  The G5 and MX518 would both double- and triple-scroll occasionally, making them useless for just about anything related to gaming, and the G5's scroll wheel eventually gave out altogether.  The M570's scroll wheel is a bit firmer than the one on my Cataclysm mouse but is equally responsive.  Thank you, Logitech, for both realizing that what you had sucked hard and working to correct it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:58:25 AM by Spectere »