Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249914 times)

vladgd

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »
big slow 2h weapon + pre tbc (well a good ways before tbc came out, like a year or more before tbc came out) = OOOWOWWWNWNNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNWNNNN

by the way, enhancement shamans suck in pvp, DO NOT EVEN TRY IT, it is a waste of time.

*edit*

ok the enh shaman rape period was around 2005-2006

mainly before the battlegrounds were released, but a little bit after the bg's were released.

&feature=related

this is creed, he is basically the shaman people refer to when "phat wf crits" are mentioned.

note, this is back when the unstoppable force was the weapon of choice, replacing the arcanite reaper.  so the numbers may not seem high, but back in the day, this shit was epic.

and uhh i believe this is the same guy, but an earlier video, hence the arcanite reaper.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:48:07 PM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
Newf, what's the difference between Assassination and Subtlety?

Also, ITT screenies plz

EDIT: nvm, assi focuses on poisons, while subtlety is about stealth
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:49:59 PM by v33mon »

vladgd

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
assassination = burst dps

subtlety, its a bit harder to explain than using just one word.  they use a combination of differant abilities to become effective.  you generally see sub rogues in pvp as the tallents aren't much suited for raw dps, but rather towards taking down an opponent effectively.

now im no rogue expert nor claim to be, so someone like newf who has a 70 rogue has more experience with this than i do with my 43 rogue.

and screenies of what?  if its the leet shaman stuff, i can't deliver.  my starting spec for the game was kind of half resto half enh(natures swiftness and flurry, not a "good" spec by any means, especially now) and i used a 2h to do damage, and as i started raiding it was basically all resto, but i soloed with a 2h.  near tbc/post tbc, it was elemental for soloing, and sometimes a respec to resto.

anyway, here is a random screenshot of my corpse glitched in the air after a failed rag attempt.

Kulli

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
Just screenies that you have. Like I have one of Horde losing eots 2000 to 13 when I was on my friend's account on my desktop, so when I post on it I'll post that too.

PS lol @ 3000 health

damn, it really was a different time :O

EDIT: my late pally <3:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:44:50 PM by v33mon »

vladgd

« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
i see you are wearing the "hot pants"

anyway, i have a metric fuckton of screens, this was taken fairly shortly before tbc came out.  the tabard came from the portal event quest a weekish before tbc hit.  it looks the exact same as the argent dawn tabard, only it has a use which does a holy nova type animation and it has a 5 minute cooldown.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
assassination = burst dps

subtlety, its a bit harder to explain than using just one word.  they use a combination of differant abilities to become effective.  you generally see sub rogues in pvp as the tallents aren't much suited for raw dps, but rather towards taking down an opponent effectively.

Well, assassination is more of a constant stun-lock + a string of medium-heavy hits. Assassination relies on stun-locks for the most part. Combat rogues are usually either sword or mace. Reason why is because combat rogues rely on faster dps. So say you got a mace that swings at 2.80 per second, Use slce and dice, with a mongoose proc, and serrated blades I think it is, and adrennaline rush, thats WOW wtf dmg, because the weapon speeds up a hell of alot, and you got all those heavy hits with the mace, plus the special moves (sinister strike, eviscerate) and also, 100% faster energy regeneration. So they have alot of quit hits, and constant damage. Combat spec rogues are more for pve, but are still, really really good pvp.

Now subtley rogues (Which is what I use) is Pure PvP. We go for the biggest crits possible. Main thing I do is my starting attack. I use a trinket that adds 300+ attack power, that brings me up to about 2300+ attack power, then pre-meditation, which adds 2 combo points to my target. Then I go in with a shadowstep, which adds +20% extra damage to my next special attack, then an ambush, which is mad heavy damage. My highest ambush crit so far was like around 8300 on a clothie in WSG. I was fully buffed up with Might and battle shout, so I had damn near 3k attack power. Plus the berserker. So yeah -

assassination = stun lockers + moderate damage.

Combat = Fast heavy white damage (White damage is just normal hits with weapons) and constant dps. Basically mass damage over time, Which is why they go pve cause boss fights take a while, and in the long run, they'll have the most damage done.

Subtlety = massive crits. Great for pvp. When you want to get a single target down, thats the way to go.

Kulli

« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2008, 01:26:01 AM »
Thanks, NewF.

Also, I would like to point out how in my screenshot I have The Immovable Object. Just a warning, Vlad, if you start your paladin back up: The Reckoning BG sucks for alliance, and I had to grind AV all the way up to Revered for it.

vladgd

« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2008, 08:11:49 AM »
actually my horde AND alliance servers are both on reckoning, odd. 

i do say i kick much ass on my horde server, but there are times where the alliance gives you a run for your money, especially on EotS.  but as alliance, you don't much see that luck. 

also, i think later on (like a decent bit after wlk comes out) i will transfer the 67 warrior from maiev to windrunner and get that sonbitch up to level 80.

i figure if i have a high level character, ill try to get it up to the level cap.  THERE IS NO GIVING UP!

and an image to make my post slightly entertaining.

this was back, LONG ago back in december 2005.  i was at the entrance to zfk, and a horde warlock fears me...i clip through the wall, and fall through the floor...falling....falling....falling....dead.  so i literally was killed by a single fear, nerf locks.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
What's that addon you have with your health, energy, and exp?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »
My account is set to expire in about 3 hours. Basically, I'm quitting the game for the 3rd or 4th time.

EDIT: FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

I'm coming back
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:57:14 PM by v33mon »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »
lol, the hell.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »
I can't seem to quit this game. It pisses me the fuck off.

vladgd

« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »
What's that addon you have with your health, energy, and exp?

first, its rage, second, i don't know.  that screenshot is from 2005, haha.

also, coming back to the game isn't necessarily "bad".  what is bad is spending too much damn time on the game, and ignoring friends/family like some people do.  if you aren't playing 6 hours a day every day, i don't quite see a problem.  i know i keep coming back, but i really can't stay on the game longer than 3 hours before i need to get up and do something else. 

but yea, coming back to a game you like isn't a bad thing.  hell, i got back on my second file on ninja gaiden (xbox) the other day, that game kicks ass.

i mean, when wlk comes out, i will most likely binge game till i hit 80 on the shayman(yea, im making a dk, but im going to camp him in the inn right away.  not a bad idea methinks), but after thats done, im a pretty casual player id like to think.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:26:13 PM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

As you can tell, I'm king of the hood

P.S. It's because I feel like there are some things I never got done that I have to (like getting to 70), but I also want to quit for other reasons. And yes, I used to play about 8 hours a day, but now I've stopped.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
Nice boobs. ;)