Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249991 times)

vladgd

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »
can't comment on case 1, but case 2 is pretty normal.  i sometimes tend to randomly duel people grossly higher, or lower than me for the hell of it.  and if a low level wants to duel, ill just let him attack me, giggle as they kill themselves because of my lightning shield, and heal them after the duel is over.

also, warriors are the most gear dependent class in the game, if you don't plan on getting leet epicks, you probably won't enjoy him in the longer term.  i got mine to level 67 before getting tired of it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
I had some dumbass follow me around when I was on my undead warlock challenging me to a duel, and when I kicked his ass because I had my imp, he bitched about how it wasn't fair and shit. Sure, I was 2 levels below him, but that imp is REALLY useful, and when I can hit him a couple times with my spells because he's fighting the imp, it's no wonder that I beat him.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »
Well thats what he gets for fighting the imp. You're supposed to just ignore it, its useless to fight it lol. Only one you should try to fight is the succubus because of the seduction crap.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:10 PM »
Well, I was like, level 9, and he was about 11, so I doubt he knew what the hell he was doing. After that fight he kept wanting a rematch against me without my imp.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »
Yeah hes a dumbass then. Thats like someone saying "Dude wtf, rematch, this time you're not allowed to hit me"

Its just like when I duel people and fucking RAPE them royally, they're like "Oh you used all these cooldowns" I was like...WTF man, what are they there for. Thats no different than saying, "Do nothing but white damage to me the entire fight, because I suck and whine because you kick my ass when you use the moves you're supposed to use when you fight"

People piss me off. Wow....K i'm gonna stop talking about this because it makes me angry.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2008, 01:25:54 AM »
Yeah hes a dumbass then. Thats like someone saying "Dude wtf, rematch, this time you're not allowed to hit me"

Well, you can do some decent damage to people just from taking melee hits, in some cases. :P

Oh yeah...which realm do you guys play on?  I'd like to be able to play with people who are over 10 years old one of these days and maybe learn a few things (I'm not exaggerating when I say this: I'm probably one of the better low-level players in the areas that I'm in with my three toons).
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2008, 01:36:36 AM »
7 DPS?  Nice Spectere...talk about the nice random algorithim that says. "I like you, you get awsome item."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2008, 01:44:23 AM »
7 DPS isn't all that great.  My druid's weapon deals 6.4 DPS and I'm not much further along with that character (and whenever I'm in a bind with him I can just transform into a bear).  It's just lucky that I got it that early in the game, especially considering warriors need heavy-hitting weapons to not die.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2008, 02:06:03 AM »
Well, It's always nice to drop a good DPS weapon that's good for a while, because until you get weapons that can match it, you've got better weapon DPS than most people your level (except for twinked out characters).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2008, 04:15:42 AM »
'Fo rizzle.

It should do for a while, I hope.  I've found that my warrior is pretty effective with it, at my level anyway.

I'm also planning to head over to Thunder Bluff (BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE ENOUGH LOL) with my orc to learn me some gunz so I have something to do with my hunter's borderline-worthless (monetarily speaking, of course) hand-me-downs.

I also am starting to really see the value of the in-game mail system in other ways.  After playing around a bit (mainly, transferring some silver to my new orcster) I came to the realization that I can pretty much produce anything just by passing items back and forth.  I love love LOVE LOVE HOLY FUCKING SHIT LOVE that.  My biggest gripe about EVE is that having multiple character slots is virtually worthless.  Of course, EVE is pretty much designed for players to have multiuser corporations, but it's still a pain in the ass to get any sort of serious production started in that game.

Edit: I originally put this in a PM to Omni, but I figured I'd repost it here for the farfulga of it:

I ended up feeling WoW's cold, icy grip tonight.  I started the game at 3:00am, meaning to do a quest or two and quit at 3:30am to get some sleep.  It was around 4:15am when I actually logged off.

What's strange is that I'm not addicted to it to the point where I shun family, friends, etc, I just have problems quitting after I've already started playing (unless I have somewhere to do or be, which I guess puts me above most WoW-obsessed players).  It's kind of like the soft Diablo-style addictions.  You know, it starts with, "oh, I'll rescue Deckard Cain real fast and hit the hay."  Then it evolves to, "hmm, I'm close to level 7...I think I'll ding that first and then go to bed."  Then next thing you know you're finishing off Andariel and heading to the desert, wondering what the hell is wrong with you.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:26:07 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »
Heh, yeah, Wow was like that for me, until things took ridiculously long. It's like "oh, I'm close to dinging lv 41, that's only be another 2-3 hours, I guess I can manage".

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »
Very true.  I found myself doing a lot less of that after I hit lv.10 for all of my characters, even. :x

That said, I still have a nasty tendency to do more quests that I should during any given night

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Ugh, the one thing I hated while playing WoW, was leveling up. So annoying.

Kulli

« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2008, 06:27:34 AM »
Ahh yes, the WoW community. The whole reason I'm leaving this game in September for WAR.

Also, I got mad welfare epix yo, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my paladin.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
can't comment on case 1, but case 2 is pretty normal.  i sometimes tend to randomly duel people grossly higher, or lower than me for the hell of it.  and if a low level wants to duel, ill just let him attack me, giggle as they kill themselves because of my lightning shield, and heal them after the duel is over.

Same here, of course I found out how wonderfully balanced the PVP was when a priest about 10 levels lower then me beat me twice in a row...(I was a warr). Then again, I did fight a hunter who couldn't keep me off of him and I took him out. Afterwords he said something like "you would never get that close to me in a battlefield" which I found funny.

Ahh yes, the WoW community. The whole reason I'm leaving this game in September for WAR.

I'm curious about War myself. From what I've heard it isn't pay 2 play, which I'm all over.