Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249901 times)

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2008, 03:06:48 AM »
fuck anything or everything that came from WoW

except for leeroy jenkins

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
Quit gaying up real threads.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2008, 04:00:55 AM »
bump

Me irl

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
Wow, I last posted in this thread all the way back on page 1. If anyone cares, here's an update of my characters (yes, I have more than one now!... well I always have, but the others were too low level and inactive to mention).

After over two years of raiding with Legacy of Honor on Khadgar, the guild ran into really tough times and was having trouble rebuilding, so they decided to call it quits for raiding. I transferred with some of my friends from LoH to raid with a guild on Dalaran, which also died about two months later. After that, I transferred again to Blackhand to raid with Transcended (#13 in the US on Wowjutsu). I've been there for just over a month now. My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&n=Skorion

I also leveled a Draenei Paladin (holy most of the way - went ret for a few levels in the 40s but didn't like it)! She came to Dalaran with Skorion, but I haven't transferred her to Blackhand yet. Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Haruhiism

And finally, I've been leveling the second character I ever made - my hunter. She sat at level 28 for a really long time, but while I was leveling my Paladin, I also put some work into leveling her to 49 (not a twink, just coincidentally where I stopped playing her again). She sat at 49 for a while again, until I saw the new hunter talents in WotLK. She's always been Beast Mastery spec, and will remain so in the expansion. I can't wait to get some exotic pets, like a core hound, and perhaps one of the new and rare Spirit Beasts. Anyway, she is now level 64. Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khadgar&n=Rakka

Kulli

« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
FUCKING HEALADINS

nice chars btw

here's me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&n=Veemon

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2008, 05:20:16 AM »
*glances at lv.70 character profiles*

I, uh, dinged 25 tonight?

*shuffles back into the corner*
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
Don't worry spec, my best char is 52 IIRC. And that covers pretty much the entirety of my playing on the official servers. I never really leveld any other chars much.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
Played a lot of v3.02 today.  I mean a lot.  Good lawd.

First off, there was the problem of updating all of my mods.  I wound up just scrapping the clusterfuck I had on there before (let's just say, I'd given Cosmos a try) and only put in the real essentials: Cartographer3, NotesUNeed, Omen (I don't use it for raids [yet], but it's proven to be a real life-saver for hunters and warlocks; and yes, I know Blizzard implemented visible threat displays in v3...Omen still does it better), QuestHelper, and, most importantly, Bejeweled.  In 2.4.X I used LightHeaded/TomTom instead of QuestHelper/Cartographer and, frankly, I'm glad I made the switch.  There are some things about QuestHelper that annoy me (namely, it being unwilling to directly let me set which quest I want to set the arrow to) but overall it's been a much better experience than trusting the commenters on WoWHead (not that the advice is bad, it's just that LH pulls in everything, even the outdated comments, so things can get confusing).

Stormrage was down for most of yesterday so I ended up rolling up a Blood Elf Warlock on another realm.  Nailing lv.10 within three hours == very easy.  I did so with plenty of dicking around between quests.

After Stormrage came back up I signed on as my hunter and played for even longer.  For one thing, I love the free talent tree reset (I disliked some of the choices that I made early on -- my hunter being my first character and all -- and I didn't feel like paying to reroll).  Pets having their own talent trees kicks ass.

Now I just need to raise a character to lv.55+ before WotLK comes out...

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
I've been playing my hunter a lot since 3.0.2 as well. I specced BM and got a core hound pet from MC at level 65 (just had to have the original)! My hunter is 68 now. Perhaps I'll finish the grind to 70 today since leveling is so much faster.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »
I used to be a hybrid BM/Survival hunter but with the patch I respecced to pure BM.

I wound up completing my 100th quest yesterday.  That achievement system is going to be the end of me.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
Argh I swear once I get a job going, I'm reopening my account haha.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #281 on: October 25, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »
Ding, 30.

Now I just need to save up ~40 gold (only 31 gold to go...ugh) to get a mount.  It's hard to save gold with so many nice skills getting unlocked. D:

I ended up switching from guns to bows thanks to finding a fairly nice uncommon bow that deals something like 15dps.  I can't shoot it as fast (2.2 speed vs. 1.9) but its damage output per hit is so much nicer.

Also, goddamn zombie infestation. D:

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 25, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »
Now I just need to save up ~40 gold (only 31 gold to go...ugh) to get a mount.

lol 40 gold. That should be easy with the inflated prices of stuff these days, even for low level greens. Back in my day, those were 90g and low level stuff didn't sell for much on the AH.

I decided that I'm going to drop Scryers on my druid and get my rep up with Aldor. I'm doing this for two reasons. One, to get the feat of strength achievement for getting exalted with both (if it works; from what I read on Wowhead, it might be bugged, though I'm sure they'll fix it eventually). And two, to get the tabard. I've determined that, without spending real money for UDE points, it is possible for me to get exactly 25 tabards before WotLK, which is just the amount needed for the 25 tabards achievement, which awards another tabard. I'll have to do a lot more rep grinding than just Aldor to accomplish this, and there isn't much time. I need to get exalted with Consortium, Kurenai, The League of Arathor, Sporeggar, and the Keepers of Time. So in my near future, there will be much much grinding, and quite a bit of PVP for that League of Arathor rep, plus AV marks of honor which I need for two other tabards (the AV one and the knight's colors).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »
lol 40 gold. That should be easy with the inflated prices of stuff these days, even for low level greens. Back in my day, those were 90g and low level stuff didn't sell for much on the AH.

Yeah, it's not too terrible.  I heard about how expensive things were way back when.  I'm glad they changed things around a bit, I doubt I'd still be playing if everything were horribly expensive (kinda like how it is in EVE).

It's still kind of a drag seeing as it's the only thing preventing me from being able to quickly ride around Thousand Needles instead of walking.  Aspect of the Cheetah is nice, but it definitely doesn't compare to a mount.

Fortunately, I think I'll be able to become revered with Thunder Bluff way before I'd be able to afford the riding lessons, so that'll certainly help.  If that's the case I'll be able to learn the riding skill with 29g 75s rather than 31g 50s.  I'd love a raptor mount, but tauren are fat and can only ride a couple of epic ones.  I'm not particular fond of kodos, so yay wolves.  I'm honored with Orgrimmar (and am not even close to being revered with them) so it'll be 9g for the mount itself.  Edit: Scratch that, looks like I have to be exalted with Orgrimmar to purchase their mounts.  That fucking blows.

So yay, 39g 75s for everything.  I'm currently at a little over 13g.  If I play an hour or two a day I should be close, if not there, by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:24:29 PM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »
Well, one tip I have is you can try to play the AH. I made 120ish gold from one purchase/resell.

Someone was selling a 12 stack of IIRC, Glimmering Shards, or one of those type thingies (one of the rather expensive ones) for like, 2G when they were selling at a price of 10G each normally. There wasn't much demand, so selling them all was tough, but I did eventually sell them all, and that really helped.

You may not be able to make that much off it, but you can occasionally find people who just want to get rid of something for dirt cheap, and you can resell those and make a quick bit of gold.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x