Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249891 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »
lawl dobble post

NEW TROLL HERE.  Rolled a troll hunter today so that my level 20 friend and I can have a pet assisting us a few days down the road and so that I could goof around with new builds and play styles without respecing my dear level 55 friend, Slonoko.

I found that starting over was, surprisingly, very refreshing.  It's amazing how much I learned about maintaining ranged distance between when I first started Slonoko way back when and now.  Even though I don't have a pet I find it amazingly easy to kill mobs using only my ranged weapon, with possibly one or two finishing blows with my axe.  With Slonoko I planted my feet in place when I started shooting.  With Zurlek I jump back after every shot.  It makes a far bigger difference than I could have possibly imagined and, thanks to that, I hardly took any hits thus far.

Sadly enough, right when I dinged level 2 with this guy some dumbass shamen (Fucqueue on Stormrage, if anyone wants to dick with him...and if you actually decide to do that, feel free to say hi to Slonoko, Juntoko, Khaladra, Keidra, Amerolim, Taladar, Shanoe, and/or Zurlek while you're at it :)) started spamming me with duel challenges.  What I don't understand is how so many fucking n00bs seem to think that two level 2 non-twinks dueling is even remotely interesting.  Seriously, you have what, two or three moves -- including attack -- at your disposal at that point in the game?  Dueling doesn't start getting good until you're in the teens at least.

I've pretty much stopped being kind on das interwebs, particularly on the WoW front.  After being bombarded with jackasses who shove their guild charters in my face (the best real-life analogue probably being a person shoving a petition and a pen in your face and screaming for you to sign it), people who repeatedly send duel challenges or party invites despite me clearly not being interested, occasionally reading trade chat, and being a part of some pretty awful pick-up groups, I've pretty much given up hope on my fellow adventurers.  As such, I ignored Mr. Fucqueue after the third challenge and proceeded to make taunt him and his intelligence and say a few lines about the virtues of /ignore while he made many futile attempts to annoy me.  I could tell because the duel flag kept repeatedly coming down whenever I wasn't in combat and he was following me everywhere.  After, I kid you not, ten minutes of me not even acknowledging his existence, he finally wandered off.

What I really should do is log on as my death knight and, if he's on, go to the area that he's in and kill off everything that he needs to kill for a quest (if nobody else is around, of course).  Or, perhaps, challenge him to a few hundred duels.  He'd probably be dumb enough to accept.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
lawl dobble post

NEW TROLL HERE.  Rolled a troll hunter today so that my level 20 friend and I can have a pet assisting us a few days down the road and so that I could goof around with new builds and play styles without respecing my dear level 55 friend, Slonoko.

I found that starting over was, surprisingly, very refreshing.  It's amazing how much I learned about maintaining ranged distance between when I first started Slonoko way back when and now.  Even though I don't have a pet I find it amazingly easy to kill mobs using only my ranged weapon, with possibly one or two finishing blows with my axe.  With Slonoko I planted my feet in place when I started shooting.  With Zurlek I jump back after every shot.  It makes a far bigger difference than I could have possibly imagined and, thanks to that, I hardly took any hits thus far.

Sadly enough, right when I dinged level 2 with this guy some dumbass shamen (Fucqueue on Stormrage, if anyone wants to dick with him...and if you actually decide to do that, feel free to say hi to Slonoko, Juntoko, Khaladra, Keidra, Amerolim, Taladar, Shanoe, and/or Zurlek while you're at it :)) started spamming me with duel challenges.  What I don't understand is how so many fucking n00bs seem to think that two level 2 non-twinks dueling is even remotely interesting.  Seriously, you have what, two or three moves -- including attack -- at your disposal at that point in the game?  Dueling doesn't start getting good until you're in the teens at least.

I've pretty much stopped being kind on das interwebs, particularly on the WoW front.  After being bombarded with jackasses who shove their guild charters in my face (the best real-life analogue probably being a person shoving a petition and a pen in your face and screaming for you to sign it), people who repeatedly send duel challenges or party invites despite me clearly not being interested, occasionally reading trade chat, and being a part of some pretty awful pick-up groups, I've pretty much given up hope on my fellow adventurers.  As such, I ignored Mr. Fucqueue after the third challenge and proceeded to make taunt him and his intelligence and say a few lines about the virtues of /ignore while he made many futile attempts to annoy me.  I could tell because the duel flag kept repeatedly coming down whenever I wasn't in combat and he was following me everywhere.  After, I kid you not, ten minutes of me not even acknowledging his existence, he finally wandered off.

What I really should do is log on as my death knight and, if he's on, go to the area that he's in and kill off everything that he needs to kill for a quest (if nobody else is around, of course).  Or, perhaps, challenge him to a few hundred duels.  He'd probably be dumb enough to accept.

Yeah, I had some moron do that to me before. I was playing a lv 9 undead warlock. So, After a minute or two of ignoring his duel requests, I accepted, after all, he was 1 level higher than me (I forget what class he was). So, after I promptly owned his pathetic ass (he attacked my goddamned imp the whole time!) he bitched and whined about my imp and how that wasn't a fair fight and proceeded to challenge me to fights without an imp. So I laughed at him, and left. I dunno if you've played a warlock before spec, but they're pretty useless without their imps, so I wasn't going to let him beat me and gloat just because warlocks need an imp at low level. I know I had a chance to beat him, but being a low level warlock gives you essentially 0 armor.

It was kinda funny.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »
Yeah, I've played as a 'lock.  Playing without a minion is like playing as a hunter without a pet, only kiting isn't really a viable option.

Kulli

« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
Yeah, I've played as a 'lock.  Playing without a minion is like playing as a hunter without a pet, only kiting isn't really a viable option.

shadowbolt shadowbolt shadowbolt shadowbolt

btw, did I mention shadowbolt

Kulli

« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2009, 01:59:25 AM »
soloed ony a little while ago btw

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2009, 02:08:52 AM »
shadowbolt shadowbolt shadowbolt shadowbolt

btw, did I mention shadowbolt

Shadowbolt isn't an instant cast, though.  You can keep people away for a while but you can't hold them at a given distance, they will always catch up at some point so long as they have enough HP.

Hunters get arcane shot and serpent sting at an early level, both of which are instant cast spells, the latter dealing damage over time.  If the mob is faster than you you can snare them for four seconds with concussive shot, another instant cast shot, to keep them back.  Using those three spells alone a hunter can kite pretty much anything all over the map without getting in melee range, assuming he/she has enough mana.  You just can't do that if you're being held back by cast time.

Kulli

« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2009, 02:53:08 AM »
Shadowbolt isn't an instant cast, though.  You can keep people away for a while but you can't hold them at a given distance, they will always catch up at some point so long as they have enough HP.

Hunters get arcane shot and serpent sting at an early level, both of which are instant cast spells, the latter dealing damage over time.  If the mob is faster than you you can snare them for four seconds with concussive shot, another instant cast shot, to keep them back.  Using those three spells alone a hunter can kite pretty much anything all over the map without getting in melee range, assuming he/she has enough mana.  You just can't do that if you're being held back by cast time.

I was just describing a warlock's spell rotation for the first 10 levels or so

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2009, 03:43:50 AM »
Ah, my bad, I thought you were implying that shadowbolt would be good for kiting.  I got confuzzled.

And...yeah, that sounds about right.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2009, 03:45:36 AM »
That's exactly it, lol. And yes, spec outlined why there was no fucking way i'd solo his ass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2009, 03:47:52 AM »
soloed ony a little while ago btw

I NEED TEH GZ

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2009, 04:14:48 AM »
That's exactly it, lol. And yes, spec outlined why there was no fucking way i'd solo his ass.

Kekekekekeke.....

I think you have more to fear from my pet, though.  I ended up focusing on beast mastery with a ferocious pet, so he generally does more damage than me.  In every serious duel that I've been in people made the mistake of focusing on me.  All I had to do was keep a sting on them (usually just for some additive damage or mana burning more than anything else), then nail them with wing clip and/or concussive shot, then occasionally throwing intimidate on my pet when I could (generally used to pull threat, but also stuns the target for a few seconds), and let my pet do the rest with his rather high dps.  The best part is that some people kept the same strategy despite me absolutely destroying them repeatedly.  Kind of funny, really, especially when you figure that if they killed off my pet (and his HP isn't particularly high, given that he's not a tenacious pet) all I could have really done was kite them and hit them with comparatively weak (compared to a marksman hunter, that is) shots.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2009, 05:02:43 AM »
Fuck, now I want to play WoW, spec plays, my GF plays, my cousin plays, my GF's friend plays. Goddamnit, I played before everyone in that list but my cousin. :/

I hate being broke.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/intro/shop.html

$20 for the base game and all of the expansions, comes with a free 30-day trial.

DO IT

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
By broke, I mean that I don't even have enough money for all my school books, let alone games :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
FINAL FANTASY 11

Shh, Chris might hear you. ;)