Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249927 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2009, 03:24:55 AM »
Ding, 60.

Edit: Ding, new page.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:08 AM »
Man, I like how they added achievements in. That was a cool addition that I never heard anything about till I saw it on my GF's computer. I had to laugh when I saw that she had just under 400 total kills on her character, because she has no idea how many kills it can take to level up once you get up there.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
Oh yes, achievements are definitely fun. :)  I'm particularly fond of some of the off-the-wall ones ("to all the squirrels I've loved before") and the exploration ones.

I just like how WoW has so many different achievements, too.  It's sort of nice how Blizz didn't try to cap them at all.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2009, 04:28:48 AM »
lawldobblepost

So, I love it when morons overcharge for common gear on the auction house.  I was looking around for some stuff for my lowbie warrior (mainly to make him less useless without spending a lot of cash) and couldn't help but notice that people were trying to sell green drops from RFC for upwards of 10-100 gold.  lolWUT.  Seriously, I can't think of a single person who would be dumb enough to do that.  For one thing, if someone has that much money at that low of a level for that gear to be useful, they also have a character that can run RFC in five minutes.  Second, if that is their main character (like, if they just started playing) there's no way in hell they would be able to pay that much for fairly basic gear that'll get replaced before long anyway.

Also, got some new UI mods.  IceHUD and Magic Runes are both quite nice.  After using IceHUD for a while I don't see how I was able to tolerate looking up at the upper-left corner of the screen constantly.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »
lawldobblepost

So, I love it when morons overcharge for common gear on the auction house.  I was looking around for some stuff for my lowbie warrior (mainly to make him less useless without spending a lot of cash) and couldn't help but notice that people were trying to sell green drops from RFC for upwards of 10-100 gold.  lolWUT.  Seriously, I can't think of a single person who would be dumb enough to do that.  For one thing, if someone has that much money at that low of a level for that gear to be useful, they also have a character that can run RFC in five minutes.  Second, if that is their main character (like, if they just started playing) there's no way in hell they would be able to pay that much for fairly basic gear that'll get replaced before long anyway.

Also, got some new UI mods.  IceHUD and Magic Runes are both quite nice.  After using IceHUD for a while I don't see how I was able to tolerate looking up at the upper-left corner of the screen constantly.

Well, there are quite a few morons out there, but willing to try to sell at that sort of level, and (in some cases) willing to buy for those prices. However, the items that really cost a lot are the twink gear. There are some items that may seem to really not be worth what they are being priced at, but thanks to some assholes who like to make twinks at lower levels, those items are now worth a lot because they are the best item (or one of the best items) to use for that level group.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »
I know that twink gear is more expensive, but the stuff that I'm talking about isn't twink gear.  It's, literally, stuff from right out of Ragefire Chasm and other low level instances.  I know this because I ran those half a dozen times to farm for green gear for my friends and I.  It's better gear that you'd get out of a quest at that level but it's certainly not twink-worthy.  And, again, if you roll a twink, you're going to have plenty of money to finance it and a character who can easily get all of the BoE gear in RFC.

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »
Did normal The Twilight Zone tonight (normal mode Sartharion plus 3 drakes), the hardest encounter currently in the game :). Yes, the 10 man is harder than the 25 man because you're much more restricted on who you bring to the raid. You really have to stack the raid to put out maximum dps, plus have enough tanks for all the shit, and healers to keep them up! I am now "Skorion of the Nightfall" :D.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2009, 04:56:45 AM »
Congrats! :D

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »

...WELL HEY, I can't complain!  If I knew that running the Scarlet Monastery were so lucrative (especially if I get lucky and walk out with a weapon like that) I would have started doing it a long time ago.

I most definitely have enough for a flying mount if I send my DK a couple hundred gold from my main.  Seven levels early, even.  Better still, I'm sure I'll be able to finance it with my DK alone by the time I'm 70.

Kulli

« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
haha you sold it for that much

it's a pretty bad wep, but I guess blue = good to some people (not saying that about you, spec)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »
From what I understand, it's most sought out by rogues.  I can kind of see why, but then again I haven't leveled a rogue up to 30, so I don't really know what the norm is for the rogue gear around that level.

But yeah, some people are definitely obsessed with rare gear.  I don't see the point, really, the only character that I have loaded with blue crap is my DK, and the only reason most of his stuff is still blue is because most of the improved green armor that I've picked up does the opposite of what I want to do (i.e. trading in +30 strength for an unnecessary +30 intellect, or buffing casting post).

Ah well, it gives jerks like me a good way to make fast money on the AH (that, and taking advantage of the idiots who sell ore incredibly cheaply).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
From what I understand, it's most sought out by rogues.  I can kind of see why, but then again I haven't leveled a rogue up to 30, so I don't really know what the norm is for the rogue gear around that level.

But yeah, some people are definitely obsessed with rare gear.  I don't see the point, really, the only character that I have loaded with blue crap is my DK, and the only reason most of his stuff is still blue is because most of the improved green armor that I've picked up does the opposite of what I want to do (i.e. trading in +30 strength for an unnecessary +30 intellect, or buffing casting post).

Ah well, it gives jerks like me a good way to make fast money on the AH (that, and taking advantage of the idiots who sell ore incredibly cheaply).

Haha, nice. I always try to take advantage of people who sell crap for real cheap. Sometimes I'll take all the real cheap crap of one item buy them, and sell them back at market value :P Makes lots of money if you do it right.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
That's what I've been doing ever since I started using Auctioneer.  Amazing addon, that.  I always did some market research prior to selling items, but Auctioneer makes it really easy to see what the market trends are on each server.  It also provides a nice tooltip with other information, such as the vendor value, average market value, and enchantment value.  Not to mention an interface that does an amazing job at listing a bazillion items at one time.  I listed 140 copper bars last night by simply setting the price I wanted per unit and clicking one button.  Very nice.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »
That's what I've been doing ever since I started using Auctioneer.  Amazing addon, that.  I always did some market research prior to selling items, but Auctioneer makes it really easy to see what the market trends are on each server.  It also provides a nice tooltip with other information, such as the vendor value, average market value, and enchantment value.  Not to mention an interface that does an amazing job at listing a bazillion items at one time.  I listed 140 copper bars last night by simply setting the price I wanted per unit and clicking one button.  Very nice.

For me, Auctioneer is an absolute must have addon.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
Just made about 60 gold by simply reselling cloth and waiting.  My supplies aren't even completely sold off yet, either.

Oh yes, by the time I hit level 70 I'll certainly have enough for expert riding and a flying mount.  After that, all I have to do is save up for artisan flying and raise my rep with the Netherwing and I can get a free, awesome-looking Netherwing drake mount.  Only six levels to go before I can do that...woo!