Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 250008 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2009, 10:17:06 PM »
So how long would it take you to level a character from 1 to 60 like that, playing like 3 hours a day/without cheating/bots? I'd like to pick up playing again once my $ situation becomes better.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Kulli

« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
Oh yes, by the time I hit level 70 I'll certainly have enough for expert riding and a flying mount.  After that, all I have to do is save up for artisan flying and raise my rep with the Netherwing and I can get a free, awesome-looking Netherwing drake mount.  Only six levels to go before I can do that...woo!

Netherwing rep is a waste of time compared to reaching 80 imo

It also takes a long time to grind rep with them, so yeah

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2009, 07:05:17 AM »
So how long would it take you to level a character from 1 to 60 like that, playing like 3 hours a day/without cheating/bots? I'd like to pick up playing again once my $ situation becomes better.

Couldn't tell you, haha.  The only character I really went from 1 to 55 with was my hunter (my lvl.64 is a death knight, which starts at lvl.55).  Also, I spent a lot of time profession grinding, running friends/guildies through instances, so it's hard to say for sure.  IIRC, my /played time on my hunter is around 4-5 days.

Netherwing rep is a waste of time compared to reaching 80 imo

oh no you di'nt

I definitely wouldn't do it all in one sitting.  I'd up my rep in between levels or whatever.  That's how I usually do that kind of stuff.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
Woo, 3.0.8 is out!  Time to fill up the rest of my free global toon slots with Death Knights. :3

Edit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14498530635

Bastards.  My dreams of darkness have been vanquished by the light!  Oh well...I'll do it whenever they enable that feature. >:D

Meh, probably not.

Edit 2: Based on the responses in that thread it seems like it works across some realms but not others.  Weird.

Edit 3: Oh yeah, this definitely works.  Not sure why Blizzard said aw hell naw but whatever.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:34:56 PM by Spectere »

Kulli

« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
why would you fill it with DKs, I doubt anyone would want to play that many DKs >_>

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
With 3.08 out, I finally made my DK on Arygos so now I can play with friends from my old guild (a bunch of those from my Khadgar guild transferred there). My DK is 63 now. On the subject of Netherwing rep, it doesn't take long to farm now because the eggs are somewhat common without a million other people also looking for them. It only took me four or five days to reach exalted. While I was grinding rep there, I did come across a few people in the mid 70s and thought, "what the hell are these bastards doing here stealing my eggs? Shouldn't they be in Northrend leveling?"  :P

Oh, I also got my Hunter to 77 a few days ago. And it's still 77. My hunter doesn't have the fast flying mount training, so reaching 77 was like this: "Sweet, I'm 77 now and can fly in Northrend." *trains Cold Weather Flying and mounts on 60% speed flying mount* "... This sucks."

Kulli

« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »
I'm an engineer IRL btw, it looks weird on purpose, no jokes plz

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
why would you fill it with DKs, I doubt anyone would want to play that many DKs >_>

I was kidding.  Two DKs are enough for me.

I'm an engineer IRL btw, it looks weird on purpose, no jokes plz

...whoa.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #383 on: February 01, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »
Surpassed 1000 gold on my DK.  Looks like that character has semi-officially become my bank.

I also finally found upgrades for some of my starting DK armor.  I wound up rejecting a lot of the armor that I've found in Outland up to this point because most of it either cripples my important stats to the point where it's a downgrade or doesn't offer the same additional stats (additional crit chance, etc).  Long story short, I now have both a fairly healthy stat boost and a good bump up in armor.  Also, I think I brought my crit chance up by like 2.5%.  Definitely can't complain.

Kulli

« Reply #384 on: February 13, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
bump this shit

Kulli

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
I just got "the Love Fool" title. I also got the "Elder" title back in January.

Woo?

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
I've got an awesome new friend. I'm now farming 1500g a month, for time cards hes buying for me. Free WoW  rocks! :)

Kulli

« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »
I made friends with a gold farmer once. I used to make him stuff (I'm a BS.) I wonder how he's doing (I transferred servers :( )

btw do you have a new char or something, I checked your armory and it says you haven't played since January
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:54:12 PM by v33mon »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »

Yay!

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »
I sold my old character to my friend because I needed money at the time, and he gave me his old one in return, plus the money. The characters name is Jarda, Gorefiend server.