Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 250230 times)

vladgd

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #420 on: June 10, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »
doing this because i thought it was funny.

level 50 plate
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2118/wowscrnshot061009214656.jpg
level 80 plate
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2285/wowscrnshot061009214610.jpg

linked as to not be an ass again and link full size 1680x1050 resolution images.

*edit*

got the paladin from 51-53, god bless rest xp + un goro crater quests

*edit*

fuck it,i like posting huge images.  and smf restricts it's width to the post anyway so i ain't hurting nobody.

haven't been overdoing it, "fairly" casual play, still playing other shit (sf4, sf2, tf2), still have my job...maby i just forgot there were quests in felwood, and winterspring, but so far...the leveling has been going quite fast.  also, FOR FUCK SAKE RET RAPES GODDAMN, AND EXORCISM ACTUALLY BEING USEFUL IS FUCKING AWESOME AOFMREGRGDHJHT

i feel like a deathknight.  anywho, hot near naked draenei for you.

i just hope the quests last me....but wait...i can technically go to outland at 57, since ret is fucking godly, i could possibly do fine there right away.  if i didn't work early tomorrow id work on hitting 57 before sleeping today, ohh well.

also, addons i use.  i prefer to keep it simple.

xpearl- at my resolution, the tiny character portrait/health bars just can't do(yes i know you can altar the size of the default ui), not to mention xpearl bars look really nice and are easy to customize.  only problem is setting up everything comfortable for use, at first it's a bit hard/awkward to get everything just the way you like it, but when you do, on other characters, you can import the settings and have those precise settings on any character as easy as two clicks.

quest helper- dude, this minimizes my trips to "wowhead, wowiki, allakhazam, thottbot, whatever WoW quest giver thing you use" drastically. 

titan panel- after using it for a while, it's too hard to live without.  i like having coords, i like seeing my xp/hour, i like seeing my latency, fps, coords, all at a glance. 

pretty much all i really need.

anyway, call me crazy, but i get in spurts of "i generally enjoy leveling this character"

67-80 on my warrior, i didn't hate a second of it, i thoroughly enjoyed the time i had experiencing what changes they applied to the warrior, and just the overall amp in quality in how quests are designed.  i mean, borean tundra, quest chain, last quest you fucking ring a bell in the town hall and call the militia, just like the humans can do in warcraft 3.  that's just goddamn awesome.  ohh, and i did it as prot, yeah, prot warrior soloing, and it was fun.

one last note before i double post whenever i have more shit to talk about.  having 26k hp unbuffed, yeah, i like it.  im not even raid geared, just heroics, crafted gear, and high level blues. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:02:45 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #421 on: June 14, 2009, 02:09:43 AM »

took about 5 hours to get from 56-58, first time i really felt that they really did fucking speed up the leveling process (don't mind i have the artifact shoulders that give you 10% more exp gain from mob kills/quests)

anywho, outland, yay...now to get through hellfire peninsula and to my favorite zone, zangarmarsh. 

Kulli

« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »
oh hello

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Sugarmuffin

I decided I'm getting a name change to...Cuddlybunny :/ Should be tomorrow or the day after

I might also be changing servers again too (to Laughing Skull this time, aka Leeroy's server) but I'm undecided.

And I must agree with the awesomeness of Ret; and NewF, two words for rogues: Ret Aura :P

Ending with the obligatory screenshot:

vladgd

« Reply #423 on: June 16, 2009, 04:16:00 AM »
god fucking damn, im on fucking fire.

2 hours and 23 minutes from 63-64.  several minutes more than than from the prior level.  i was like 52 a week ago, and now im 64, the fuck, leveling is fast, easy, and more fun than i remember.

plus ret pallies just steamroll through everything, and im having a good time doing it.

anywho, 6d 21h on this character.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #424 on: June 16, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »
Christ that is fast. I've never understood how people could level that damned fast.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #425 on: June 16, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
well i zoomed 1-40 way back when in 2007.  40-50 was kind of (EXPLOIT REST XP) as was 50-53ish.  then basically, find quests, do them, find more, do them.  have podcasts to listen to, and keep going.

it helps they made it easier to level in azeroth and outland, as well as the exp shoulders i am wearing, my prior knowledge of the content, AND quest helper.

to be honest, i never understood how people level so fast either.  i say that being the first person in my guild to hit 70 in tbc, and the first person to hit rank 40 in my guild in WAR, even though i rolled an ironbreaker to 10, deleted it and restarted as a rune priest while everyone else was rank 15-18.  i guess i just love to bitch.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #426 on: June 16, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
lol, yeah, those shoulders certainly do help. And quest helper kicks ass. I just find that I never complete entire quest chains because I get sick of running back and forth across the same place 25 million times :/ maybe I just need more patience.... And maybe part of it is that I need more people that I can talk to that don't seem like a bunch of fucking 12 year olds or 45 year old moms :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
omg crusader aura what a noob

:O

vladgd

« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »
omg crusader aura what a noob

:O

pre tbc i soloed my shaman to 60 resto spec with a 2h weapon, with int gear.

AND i leveled 1-10 with the skinning knife.

top that.

Kulli

« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2009, 12:55:09 AM »
I uh

leveled prot in spacious, impossible to aoe grind outland

but yeah, /bow to you

Kulli

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2009, 12:58:31 AM »
double post for this

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anub%27arak&n=Radunas

holy shit, leveling assa? impressive, I would have gone crazy from having to just spam backstab/ambush

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »
When I was leveling my rogue, I was assassination as well, its awesome. With the burst damage of ambush, and decent damage from backstab, mobs go down in no time.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »
Yeah, I remember playing as a bit of a hybrid assination build, and the burst damage kicked ass. I never used poisons, but the rest of the build was pure assasination.  (This was on a private server).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2009, 04:37:02 AM »
...im seriously impressed with myself right now.  4 days since i hit outland...screenshot speaks for itself.

and i decided to spend the money on a purple elephant mount, since honestly, i hate horses.  i really hate horses, in vidya, irl, doesn't matter, i don't like them.  don't care if it's in cool looking armor and glows in "holyness" because it's the paladin epic...i hate horses. 

and honestly, i think the epic elekk mounts are the best ground mounts in the game.  (flying mount would go to the netherdrake protodrake imo)

but yeah, blowing through outland in 4 days without ANY trouble...[borat]NICE![/borat]

i don't think ill be intimidated to level another alt again, may work on the deathknight casually since well i have the plate exp shoulders that need somewhere to go after the paladin is 80, since the warrior is 80...and my deathknight is on the same server, it's logical that's where they will go.  but with the pally, i plan on going prot and tanking heroics, so ill get marks to get some cloth shoulders, and alt level with those.

TILL THEN, sweet northrend, i love you.  and the blue polearm i got in nagrand uses the blackhand doomsaw graphic, sweet nostalgia.

*related but unrelated note*

i noticed when im playing a game, and im posting about it, i tend to use said thread as kind of a "progress blog" of sorts, even double posting at times when one post has gotten long enough.  ahh well, i enjoy typing up my progress to internet peoples to read up on for mild to low interest. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:01:58 AM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »
mmochamp has the new planned paladin changes up

good thing I'm leveling a shaman, WTS pally