Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249334 times)

Kulli

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »
oh, I know where to get the gear...I just feel ashamed that I have to go back to crafted blues when I'm in full epics.

also, apparently I don't have enough experience for raiding guilds so I guess I'm just going to do what I did back in BC: do a fuckton of BGs

brb

vladgd

« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
if you want gear, yet don't want the time investment of raiding(i abandoned raiding when tbc came out, too much of a timesink).

you can get raid quality gear from the new tokens you get from the daily heroic/dungeon (two and one token respectively) in the upcoming patch.  which im psyched for, i like myself some welfare epics.

also looks like they are adding a tallent to the dk frost tree to improve dual wield damage.  i wouldn't mind trying out some dual wield death knight, JUST TO BE DIFFERENT!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:39:11 PM by vladgd »

Kulli

« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »
I figured you guys (meaning vlad) would like this:

He also had +22 agi to cloak and a +def enchant on his helm (along with a +16 agi gem)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:29:50 PM by v33mon »

vladgd

« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2009, 04:07:08 PM »
thems good people bro, reminds me of back in the day (when crusader enchant costed A LOT OF MONEY) seeing people enchant crusader on worn daggers and whatnot.

anywho, this made me cum, twice.

"Flying in Azeroth
Flying in Azeroth would be pretty awesome. There are almost limitless amounts of features we'd like to add to the game, and flying in the old world is certainly one of them. It all comes down to prioritizing as best as possible to keep the game appealing to as broad a population as possible. We try to keep all sub-communities and play styles in mind whenever working on content, and we're always looking at the big picture. Features being added in the next patch are features that were planned and in production months ago, just as features coming further down the road are in development right now. (Source)

[...] The old world was not designed to support flying (this is a technical issue currently, not an unwillingness to allow this on our part) and by having the level requirement for flying, it allows us to set a pace at which we feel content should be accessed. As you can see by the recent mount changes, this could be readdressed at a future point in time. (Source)"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
Holy christ. I know a bit about the inner workings of WoW, thanks to having played around with a private server, but I've never known why you couldn't fly in Azeroth.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »
well i mean it should be pretty obvious from the start, they even stated when tbc came out that "azeroth was not designed for flying mounts"

there are even zones that aren't even made yet, gilneas south of silverpine is a good example.

though "when" this change occurs, and (assuming here, it should be inevitable) when the maelstorm is ready for exploring, it would be nice to have like the ability to fly literally all over the planet, sure the continents would be seperated by load times, but it would be pretty neat to fly from say ironforge to darnassus.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
Yeah, you'd be able to fly much more directly than the damned flight paths. And I realize that there are a number of uncreated/unused zones and such. There are also big blank areas between many of the provinces. But I meant the inner workings. I'm sure there's something preventing flying from even working in Azeroth, but I don't know whether it's a simple flag, or if there's something much deeper in the maps/server info that prevents flying there.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »
Heh, I got a 72 hour suspension for exploiting Flame Leviathan.

What's up with that image above? A mage staff with berserking?? Must be a joke.

Kulli

« Reply #458 on: June 23, 2009, 09:05:11 PM »

What's up with that image above? A mage staff with berserking?? Must be a joke.

lol, people on MMOchamp keep talking about their bans

and that was from the tourny realm; I dueled him and he had 0 talent points and everything

vladgd

« Reply #459 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »

that's a load of shit, if you got a suspension for exploiting a boss, i should have gotten AT LEAST a suspension from various shenanigans that ive done along my troll shamans career

-bugging the ZG raptor boss
-rooftop camping in tanaris
-KILLING THRALL gm's weren't happy about this one, but nobody that participated even got a suspension
-OOC rezzing in molten core (basically i stay out of combat, and when people in the raid die...i rez them, they ended up making it impossible to do since the entire raid goes into combat, but i recall taking ooc rez roll many a time)

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2009, 03:13:30 AM »
The OOC ressing thing was never an exploit or anything. In fact, if I recall correctly, I think they even mentioned it as a role of the healer classes on the website long ago. It's just something they changed their mind about.

Kulli

« Reply #461 on: June 25, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »
Rerolling warrior

charge is awesome

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #462 on: June 26, 2009, 03:51:04 AM »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #463 on: June 26, 2009, 04:02:15 PM »
charge is weaksauce

charge tallented with warbringer and imp charge however, passable.

Kulli

« Reply #464 on: June 27, 2009, 11:57:38 AM »
says the guy with the 80 warrior

I've had a paladin for the past 2 years; charge is the best thing ever created, in my eyes

it also has the greatest animation ever, I used to love doing it all the time on my lowbie wars

it's always been my dream to jump off the cliff in AB, just to charge/intercept back on