Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249926 times)

vladgd

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:57 AM »
you would link a post i made two years ago. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #586 on: July 23, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
I can't read the line "Good news, everyone!" without following it up with, "I've created a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!"

Fuck you, Putricide.

hitting 80 on the paladin

warriorchute

took shorter than i expected

Grats! :o

now grind all those WotLK reps to exalted

Pssh.  You need to give him a task that can't be completed in one night (well, except for the Oracles/Frenzyheart and Kalu'ak, but the former is mostly useless and the latter is only really useful up to Revered).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kulli

« Reply #587 on: July 23, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »
You need to give him a task that can't be completed in one night

Back in my day, you had to grind out each rep one by one. None of this "dungeon finder" bullshit.

Also, gl spending all your hard-earned badges (assuming you queue as dps) on rep instead of gear

vladgd

« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
Back in my day, you had to grind out each rep one by one. None of this "dungeon finder" bullshit.

BACK IN MY DAY WARLOCK DOTS WOULD KILL YOU IN A DUEL

but since the paladin is 80, my warrior has over 440 blacksmithing (assuming that is more than enough to start cata blacksmithing), i pretty much did what i subbed for.

account canceled, gametime ends aug 14, may still dick around until the time is up. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
Also, gl spending all your hard-earned badges (assuming you queue as dps) on rep instead of gear

No need.  Just buy the tabards when you hit friend with the factions.  I think that'll cover you for four factions.

I didn't spend a single emblem on any of my characters for rep.  Ever.  There's simply no need unless you're really pushing for a particular recipe.  Hell, by the time you're done running random heroics, you'll probably have enough Relics of Ulduar to hit exalted with Sons of Hodir.

Kulli

« Reply #590 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
No need.  Just buy the tabards when you hit friend with the factions.  I think that'll cover you for four factions.

All this + Sons of Hodir in one day?

er o er

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »
I was exaggerating slightly.  Still, being able to grind almost all of an expansion's factions rep in a week is pretty crazy.

dsam070789

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
Being as this is a WoW forum, and the simple act that I do not even play WoW anymore, does anyone want an 80 prot. warrior? Realm is Shattered Hand. After realizing I had no life, and hitting 80 wasn't that great (no one wants to run 25mans for a chance to roll on gear they might not even get), I decided that my reign of terror came to an end.  So if anyone wants the account let me know, and I'll dig up the account for you.
God said to John, "Come forth and receive eternal life", but John came fifth and received a toaster instead.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #593 on: July 26, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
Getting an 80 warrior is tempting, but I think I'd rather raise one from birth. :3  It's much easier to learn a class when you ease into it rather than having a zomg abilitygasm.

dsam070789

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 26, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »
I hear you on that one. I felt like such a noob when Dual Spec came out.  I was like tank, tank, tank, tank, DPSSSSSSSS! Ow, my pride.
God said to John, "Come forth and receive eternal life", but John came fifth and received a toaster instead.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #595 on: July 26, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
Lol, god I wish i had an account with time on it :/ It's been so damn long since I've gotten to play on the official servers, but I really can't afford it :<
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #596 on: July 27, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »
I hear you on that one. I felt like such a noob when Dual Spec came out.  I was like tank, tank, tank, tank, DPSSSSSSSS! Ow, my pride.

Haha, hear hear.  It was just the opposite with my DK.  I pretty much always DPSed and decided to try tanking.

...it was rough.  Oh well, at least I stuck with it and got good enough to tank Ulduar without a problem.  I should give tanking ICC a whirl one of these days after I get a few more epic stamina gems.

It was also rough when I decided to dual-spec holy and shadow on my priest healer to make leveling less painful...for about five seconds.  After that I pretty much realized that in most battles all I had to do was throw DoTs on the main target and keep mind sear going.  It's fun pulling 8k DPS with a 2k gear score.

I can't quit you, WoW. /gay

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #597 on: July 27, 2010, 01:12:11 AM »
Haha, nice. What sucks ass is when you just get dual spec, and you don't have any gear for your other spec. Kinda makes it a lot less useful than it should be.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #598 on: July 27, 2010, 01:18:59 AM »

I heard fury is hard

unless you dual-specced arms, in which case my apologies

dsam070789

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 27, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »
Spectere, 3 reasons I do NOT like Priests.

1) Priests are sooooo OP in my opinion. They are like healing warlocks.  Damage over Time would always ruin my day.   I would just be running around and all of a sudden I was losing health.  I was like "screw this, I am going to die anyway, now." 
2) Occasionally you run an instance with a priest that you say the wrong thing to and then they refuse to heal you.
3) They molest little boys. 

V33nom, I can't even remember my second spec.  Regardless, even if I got better gear for the DPS, tanking for 70+ levels kinda pushes you away.  When you hold aggro your entire account on a prot warr, you kinda wanna use thunderclap anyways. >.<