Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249895 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »
Oh, please mark any Cataclysm-related links with [CATA] so that I don't click on them.  If you guys want to discuss it, please make a new thread so that I won't be tempted to look at any of it.  Danke!

Yeah, I'm one of "those people" who never watch pre-release footage.  I dunno, I just like to be surprised.  Against my better judgment, I'm even refraining from looking at discussion regarding the new talent trees.  I'm stupid like that.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #631 on: August 30, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »
Oh. God.

From Cataclysm, but it's not spoiling much.  It's a shame it has a grammar fail, though.

Kulli

« Reply #632 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »
I laughed the first time I saw it, but:

pic

+

&feature=sub

pretty much the best quest in WoW

=

same thing
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:56:05 PM by Aa »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #633 on: August 30, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
Like I said, I don't watch Cataclysm content that could possibly contain spoilers.  I clicked the video (which didn't have a description in the post) saw a reference to Cataclysm, and closed it before watching it.

I didn't have much of a choice with the picture, but I still found it funny...and it didn't really spoil much.

Kulli

« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
Wasn't trying to get at you or anything; I just found it funny you posted that picture when content related was already posted

also WoW is boring now; release cata plz

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
YOU CUT ME DEEP, Aa.  /emo

But in all seriousness, my reaction when you posted that was pretty much "D'oh."

also WoW is boring now; release cata plz

Sadly, I'm having a lot of fun leveling my night elf death knight on Misha despite it being the fourth time I've done most of those quests (and it doesn't help that the Horde and Alliance quests in Outland are the fucking same for the most part).  My blood elf mage on Turalyon is coming along swimmingly as well.  Not sure why I find leveling alts so amusing now, but what the hey.

Playing a DK when you know what the hell you're doing is insanely rewarding.  It's kind of ridiculous how many mad props I've gotten in randoms so far for not using death grip on every single target I see like EVERY OTHER DPS DK I'VE SEEN seems to do.  That being said, healers love me because I usually protect them from bad tanks by popping frost and pulling all of the loose mobs all of them.

I love being useful.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #636 on: September 19, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
I just tanked my first few dungeons as a druid tank.  Why didn't anyone tell me that druid tanking was fun as hell? XD

Apparently I did a pretty decent job, too.

Kulli

« Reply #637 on: September 20, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
swipe spam is hard?

also PLZPLZPLZ AZEROTH REVAMP C'MON

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #638 on: September 20, 2010, 12:11:39 AM »
swipe spam is hard?

It is for most druid tanks, apparently.

Actually, with the DPS that my cousin was putting out I had to single target the main targets and mash mangle in almost every pull to do some additional threat.  At least he helped make things more interesting.

also PLZPLZPLZ AZEROTH REVAMP C'MON

This.  Walking is overrated.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:20 AM »
This.  Walking is overrated.

but isn't WoW a walking simulator?

Kulli

« Reply #640 on: September 20, 2010, 04:43:48 AM »
^says the guy who quit before he got his mount/before mounts became available earlier

*3*

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #641 on: September 20, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Heh, yeah, I love how Blizzard pretty much hands you mounts now.

Also, another nice thing about Cataclysm (if you haven't already read about it): cold weather flying at level 68 for 500g.  Looks like 310% flying is going to be trainable now as well.  Kind of sucks for the people who legitimately earned their 310% mounts (though I would hope that mounts earned pre-Cataclysm would keep the faster speed with no additional costs), but at least I'll be able to make my netherwing mounts swift without going back in time and scoring high in the BC arena ladder.

Kulli

« Reply #642 on: September 20, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »
People with 310 mounts don't have to pay for 310 speed (for sure), while everyone else pays 5k (iirc)

also lol at still having to buy cold weather flying; just delete it already

I have well over 20k gold, so cost isn't a problem...it's just that it's dumb

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
Yep, it's 5K.  Adjusted for rep bonuses, of course, so in practice it's more like 4-4.25k.

Yeah, I feel the same way about cold weather flying.  It made sense when WotLK came out, but it's really just pointless now.  Not to mention that, for some reason, it's more expensive than flying in the Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms is going to be.

I'm kind of surprised Blizz didn't reduce the cost of epic flying.  They've been on a roll with knocking down riding skill prices lately.  Now that epic flying doesn't offer as much of a boost as it used to (what with regular flyers giving you a 150% speed increase while flying and all) that seems like the next logical step.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:08:53 PM by Spectere »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »
^says the guy who quit before he got his mount/before mounts became available earlier

*3*

Hey, I had my racial mount. Fuck, I made it to 55 before getting bored. Also it's not a shock that they're making mounts easy to get, when I played some random guy in my guild saw me in the field (it was one of those massive, accept everyone guilds) and he asked me for something like 30 gold towards his mount. Shit, I wouldn't have gotten mine if it my friends didn't spot me some dosh.