Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 249930 times)

Kulli

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #645 on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
funny part is that people still ask for money for their mounts

good thing I played a paladin back in BC LOL

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
Meh, when I was in Acherus Hold I had a DK beg me for gold so that he could buy skills.

Seriously, if you're having gold problems as a DK, you're fucking doing it wrong.  It's not trivial to get 500 gold a night from doing quests alone.  Even if you set the bar at a fairly low amount -- say, 200 gold a night -- you can get it alarmingly fast.

When my priest hit 80 I had almost 3k (no epic flying, but whatever) with all of the highest skills for holy and shadow purchased, without playing the auction house at all.  Until you start gemming for raids and buying mats to level professions there's no excuse for being poor, and even those two reasons are kind of flimsy.

Testicles.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:43:27 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:10 AM »
!

I found this interesting.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #648 on: October 03, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
So...I'm in the Cataclysm beta now.

I just couldn't leave well enough alone.  Bring on the spoilers, I guess.

Kulli

« Reply #649 on: October 03, 2010, 03:52:38 AM »
I got in beta on Friday. I guess they're in the "let everyone in" stage of testing.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #650 on: October 03, 2010, 05:22:02 PM »
Yeah, most likely.

What realm/faction/toons are you using?

I only transferred my DK over for now.  I'm on Echo Isles, Horde, and my toon's name is Shanoe.

Kulli

« Reply #651 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
I'm not using any one char/realm consistently; I do not plan on playing my paladin in Cata (if I play at all), so all I plan on doing is trying out 1-60 leveling

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #652 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »
Yeah, that's roughly my plan after I get my DK up to 85 and really learn the new move set.  Right now I'm still kind of up in the air over whether frost or unholy presence is going to be a better bet for optimal output.  Frost seems to be more consistent, but unholy seems to be better in some encounters.  It's a welcome change from when blood was the only usable combat presence and unholy was only used when you wanted to spend half of the battle auto-attacking while your runes came off cooldown.  It's nice that haste is actually good and that some abilities reduce rune cooldowns.  I'm extremely happy with how Blizzard treated that class.

I'll probably move over my priest and see how he fares as well.  Blizzard apparently made some pretty substantial changes to healing and mana regen, so I think it'll be interesting to see how it goes.  Both healing specs start with the mana regen talent that used to be in the discipline tree, so I can't see it being too much different aside from spirit possibly being downplayed in the holy spec, but we'll see.  Hopefully Grid and Clique either work or have been updated to work with Cataclysm, because healing the old fashioned way is like totally lame and stuff.

Other than that, I really want to see how low-level questing is now.  Looks like the world is a bit less sparse in terms of mob count, so it looks like you're a lot less likely to get jumped at low levels.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.

I also love the automatic quests.  It's great for steering you in the right direction when you go into an unfamiliar area.  Aside from that, I like how killing some mobs can activate quests (like the eel killing quest in Vashj'ir).  It's a nice way to get some extra coin and experience, and the fact that some of them don't require you to turn them into an NPC is very convenient.

Kulli

« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
DW Frost in UH Presence was some of the most fun I've ever had in this game (3.3 PTR iirc.) It was like riding a roller coaster on speed.

But yeah, my interest in Cata is much less than my interest in Wrath when I got into the beta. I remember being like WHOA RETTTTTTTT and now it's like "man, fuck this shit"

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »
Unholy presence in WotLK was fun for short fights, in my experience.  It was fun being able to throw down a ridiculous stream of damage.

For me, it kind of fell apart in raids.  Even a full bar of runic power couldn't sustain me until runes came off cooldown.  Thankfully, that seems to have changed.  In Cata, I've been using unholy presence almost exclusively and it just feels right.  I haven't been running out of RP at all, and since haste adjusts the rune recharge rate, unholy presence makes a lot of sense now.  I'm still getting used to the way that the runes recharge, though, and have had to adjust my playing style quite a bit to accommodate that change.

Kulli

« Reply #655 on: October 09, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »
In case anyone here was willing to try WoW again:

1-60 leveling is much, much improved. That is all.

EDIT: and being in a guild is awesome, now

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #656 on: October 10, 2010, 05:04:53 AM »
1-60 leveling is much, much improved. That is all.

This, times a million.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #657 on: October 13, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »
As both of us who played WoW have noticed, the 4.0.1 patch dropped yesterday.  It's kind of nice to have talent trees that fit on one screen.

I was surprised how good of a reception the massive update wound up getting, too.  Most of the people in trade were either positive (i.e. "fukkin finally") or optimistic (i.e. "I was scared at first, but this looks aight!") about the change.  Of course, I wound up having one of the people on my friends list whine incessantly about it.  Heaven forbid you have to learn how to play your class again.  That only happens every goddamn time Blizzard makes a major release (or even a not-so-major release).

I've come across a few oddball issues.  One of my friends noted that one of his +str gems changed into a +agil gem.  My druid wound up losing his bear form (I think I got it through the quest line and not through the trainer; perhaps that's why?) but everything seemed strangely calm considering how many things were changed.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna have to check out the changes. I wonder how long this'll take to get implemented on decent private servers, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »
I wonder how long this'll take to get implemented on decent private servers, lol.

Considering from what I've heard (I'm just a BC n00b, lolz), the only way Blizz could have changed more stuff was to make a new game.

It's totally different.  Not to mention that the game's technology took a dramatic change.  It has a shinier renderer and the ability to stream worlds, not to mention support for the new Cataclysm features, such as terrain phasing (and there's no way that could be done server-side like object phasing).  Not to mention other, smaller changes, like completely axing spell rankings (thank god), a handful of new abilities for each class, very different itemizations, a new profession (a couple of new professions if you include archeology, which should be supported by the engine), another glyph type...

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.