Author Topic: unreal tournament 3 demo  (Read 12466 times)

vladgd

unreal tournament 3 demo
« on: October 13, 2007, 03:25:18 PM »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: unreal tournament 3 demo
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
FUCK, first the Orange Box gets released and now THIS?  Le sigh.

I don't think UT3 is going to run very well on my system though...we'll see.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »
I know my computer couldn't run this, I guess that's just more of a reason to get a new one.

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:08:30 PM »
FUCK, first the Orange Box gets released and now THIS?

tell me about it, when i get money, there are quite a few games i need to purchase.

and the download is at 80% for me going at a constant 88kb/s shouldn't be too long before i see this baby in action, or slideshow, depending on how my old rig handles it.

*edit* holy shit, i can run it at a decent resolution, with decent settings, and it runs pretty good.

from what ive played, if you liked ut2k4, i find it hard you wouldn't like this one.

*edit again* i have no idea why i wasn't too hyped for this game before, i mean i wanted it, and it looked great, but i didnt feel like i "needed" it.  after playing, umm damn, i need this game.  they made it a bit less floaty than ut2k4, no dodge jumping, but dodging in all directions and doubble jump remain. 

-biorifle alt fire seems easier to hit people with
-shock combos seem to take a little more aim to pull off
-the hoverboard is fucking awesome
-on the night city (forgot name) dm level there is a giant necris walker you can hop in to destroy people with
-running feels faster, a good thing since in ut2k4 i would dodge jump everywhere for most of my map navigation
-the stinger minigun is awesome, the alt fire can stick people to walls
-rocket launcher functions the same, looks differant, and sounds awesome
-the enforcer comes back from ut99, you have a primary fire, and the alt fire is a burst of several shots
-the impact hammer is back from ut99, and killing people with it rewards you with splattering blood all over your screen
-flak cannon feels the same, nothing really to comment on
-the new announcer doesn't sound as awesome as he did in 2k4 and 99, but he isnt too bad, way better than the shitty announcer in 2k3
-i run on a mid end older pc (or so i feel is a mid end pc) and it hitches a little bit durring the start of a game, but after a min or so it feels smooth.  1024x768 resolution, mid/high graphical settings.  so if you have an older pc with a decent video card, you should be fine.
-jump boots from 99 are back
-the redeemer, still awesome

this is what i have picked out from my killing of bots in dm/vehicle ctf modes

this is the mech walker thing you can hop in

*edit* played some online, got my ass kicked, but its still fun.  another thing to note, while the game is less floaty and you see less people flying around, IT IS NOT A SLOWER PACED GAME.  if anything it feels FASTER than ut2k4, im having a hard time just keeping up with the movement with these people, and for me, this is a good thing.  this is a twitch game, not a tactical game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:01:14 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 12:48:36 AM »
My system is a low-mid range rig as well so, from what you say, I should be fine.  I hope so...for your sake. :P

Either way, it's not too big of a download, all things considered.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:06:49 AM »
So what now, this or Quake wars? they seem similar so I doubt I'm buying both.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 04:19:58 AM »
I bought Quake Wars, and I'm pretty freaking happy with it, UT and Quake Wars are really different styles, though. UT is a lot closer to the original quake, while Quake Wars is like a battlefield game.

vladgd

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »
yea, i see quake wars as this epic future battlefield game with the quake setting.  unreal...is unreal, if you are a fan of superfastpaced deathmatch games(and other modes...i just prefer my standard deathmatch), there is no better game for the job.

quake wars looks good, i haven't played it, but normally, im not a big fan of the team thing.  the only exception to that are co-op games, and team fortress classic.

i go into an arena fps to shoot everything that moves, i can't be bothered with "ohh, can't kill him, hes on my team"

but yea, what is more your cup of tea, battlefield team vehicle madness (which unreal will deliver in a differant format) or a better feeling ut2k4 with new stuff out the ass.

*edit* hell, both demos are out, play them both, question answered.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:03:15 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »
Yay, another regular deathmatch fan. I hate all the new "capture some random node" style maps. I like my gold old ut99 style fragfest. Though CTF modes are cool, too.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
*edit* hell, both demos are out, play them both, question answered.

Good point, I might get both but I'm not a huge fan of deathmatches. Just seems like theirs a lot of luck to them as compared to teams.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
Oh jesus christ, I tried it, and this is 300% better than UT2k4. I'm getting this game. Plus it looks like a visual orgasm.

vladgd

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 06:16:31 PM »

on my rig, this is how the game looks, runs from 25fps when alot of crap is going on, to 30-40 fps normally.  i would run at a higher resolution, but the game already looks good, and the fps would drop by 10, and i don't want that.

and actually, from listening to the music from here the game has a bitchin soundtrack, something i would....b-b-buy.....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:43:51 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 10:33:13 PM »
Shit, I just might have to get both. I guess my hands are going to be full with this, quake, CSS, and orange box.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
I think I'm gonna look into UT3. I wasn't a huge fan of UT2k4, though I still love playing UT99, it just needs more fun AI.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
playing bots...on average(i did say i sucked)...i kind of like the sniper rifle

FLAWLESS VICTORY

and im not sure if it was in ut2k4, but after godlike, you get MASTERFUL

flak monkey is now flak master
headhunter is still here
biorifle gives you biological warfare
minigun gives you blue streak (as it shoots blue crystals)
haven't did it with any other weapons yet, so im not sure on impact hammer/enforcer/link gun/shock rifle/rocket launcher/whatever i missed

*edit* ok i can do fine on experianced bots if im a sniping bitch, but skilled bots rape me harder than an online match...literally.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 05:27:30 PM by vladgd »